NEurope
Raining_again

It's getting colder....

I love winter, I don't like this rainy business, when I think winter I think cold and crystal like.

- No bugs

- Everyone gets all wrapped up in scarves, coats, hats yay!

- Snow

- Everyone disappears because it's cold.

- Hot chocolate season

I hate summer, I hate the sun, the warmth, the bugs, the sandals, the half nakey people, I just don't like anything about it.

I much prefer that cold feeling and waking up and seeing everything crystalised with a tiny bit of sun that doesn't make you feel warm at all. Perfect.

The only downside is driving, I'm a confident driver, I can drive in pretty much all weathers including snow and ice, but it makes it more dangerous for me to drive because I reckon at least 80% of people don't drive in those conditions, sometimes these conditions aren't even that bad, it's ridiculous.

Oh Raining, you're a girl after my own heart! I'd always pegged you as a winter lady though, maybe because of your slightly weatherly username. I love love love the summer, I don't think that even despite my comforts can I be too hot, and I certainly wish much more in winter that I was boiling hot than I do in summer that I was freezing cold. Don't get me wrong, I kind of like winter and all, in the way that it's that friend of yours that is always there when you don't want them to be but you've known them so long you've just got to like them, plus they've got christmas as their killer app and you don't want to be doing away with the drink and numerous presents, you just wish you could do it without them.

I must say, yesterday was quite possibly the first true proper winters day that I have felt, it was cold to my bones, my toes froze even just walking the less than five minute journey from the bus to the front door of work! I hated it! There's nothing you can do, and it's so much more uncomfortable than being just a little bit too hot, when you're that hot you're too exhausted and fatigued to feel it truly like you do when the wind blows all against you and you try to man through it! At least the summer is constant, whereas the bitter wind comes in spontaneous lashings that tense your entire body up when you don't expect it!

However, just like that old friend I can't ignore, I recognise its face in a rather nostalgic way, and there's something that harks me right back to when I was younger and discovering how awesome life was, that I always get this strangely brief taste of, as it were, whenever I'm heading off for a night out not even that late in the evening but all is dark, and it's a little bit wet and a tiny bit bitter, and it makes me smile. Then there's the snow! The snow is the best, it's better than rain and I wish we never had rain in winter, I'd much rather the cold dry snow to the horribly annoying rain, if only it didn't drag our poor little country to such an awful standstill that I cannot afford to get the buses to join my friends who are playing inside the parks :(

This.

I like winter, but not in a house without adequate heating! Anyone got any (inexpensive) tips for keeping warm? So far I've been relying on wearing as many layers as possible. Somehow I think sitting in front of the computer doing college work most of the time doesn't help...

The only tip that I might offer is that if you have a double duvet you lay it flat upon the bed, then lie inside just one half of it, and wrap the other around you so you are like a little pig inside a blanket, it can be so awesome on a cold winter's day.

This.

I like winter, but not in a house without adequate heating! Anyone got any (inexpensive) tips for keeping warm? So far I've been relying on wearing as many layers as possible. Somehow I think sitting in front of the computer doing college work most of the time doesn't help...

I know what to do!! What you do is you get one of those oil burner things and keep it lighted all evening. It takes the chill off the air.

At least it hasn't been cold at night so far, the t-shirt hasn't had to come out yet.

Saying that, I probably prefer them to those rediculously hot nights where you just can't sleep!

I love winter, I don't like this rainy business, when I think winter I think cold and crystal like.
Agreed, I just had to take the bins round and it's dark, cold, wet and rainy. Don't like.

But Winter as a Season I think I generally like.

Rummy, I do that at night and it works pretty well :) I have a thinner blanket draped on me over my head, too! But it's not really a great solution for the daytime (when I have work to do). Recently I've just been staying in college for free heating, wireless and electricity! Woohoo!

Pancake, I'll look into those "oil burner things" you speak of...you mean those little tealight + aromatherapy oil burners, right? I was thinking about a few fat candles, too.

Seems like the main reason for liking winter is snow, unfortunately for a lot of countries winter is just cold rain :/

Pancake, I'll look into those "oil burner things" you speak of...you mean those little tealight + aromatherapy oil burners, right? I was thinking about a few fat candles, too.

Yeah those. And yeah throw in a few candles, might take the chill off even more. Cheap heat!!

Shh...winter is ace. I understand every season has its downsides but winter is still amazing. I instantly get memories or huddling with 6 other friends as we wait for the bus. I love ice and snow too. Makes coffee taste that bit nicer :D

I find I'm happier during the winter months for some reason. I'm not a huge fan of the cold but it's easy to avoid, wear some damn clothes! That reminds me, love it when it's like 2-3 degrees and you see travellers walking in belly tops and hot pants :laughing:

Btw, Diego, don't you mean you love the summer or hate the winter? :p

Edited by Frank

I haaaaaate winter. The only season I don't like. It's too damn cold, too damn dark. You wake up in the morning and it's dark, you come home after school and it's dark. Urgh. Plus all the rain, wind, ice, snow. Hate it all. =(

It's also so very cold outside, so you dress up warmly, but then you're stuck in a room that has super heating or something and you're slowly melting, but you can't really change into different clothes (since you're at work or school) and so you feel uncomfortable and warm. And in my case heating causes the skin of my hands to break up and bleed. Grrr.

The only thing about winter is it has Christmas, but even that doesn't save it for me. Winter can piss right off. =P

It's also so very cold outside, so you dress up warmly, but then you're stuck in a room that has super heating or something and you're slowly melting, but you can't really change into different clothes (since you're at work or school) and so you feel uncomfortable and warm. And in my case heating causes the skin of my hands to break up and bleed. Grrr.

The only thing about winter is it has Christmas, but even that doesn't save it for me. Winter can piss right off. =P

The solution: wear lots of layers that you can take off indoors, and pile on when you go outside! :)

The solution: wear lots of layers that you can take off indoors, and pile on when you go outside! :)

I know, but thing is I don't have clothes that are suitable for that it seems. =(

Just hate the coldness, brrr. It's such a depressing season I find.

But that doesn't really work if you're not at your/a friends place. For example shopping when it's freezing cold, you wear loads of layers so you're warm outside but as soon as you go in a shop the heating's cranked right up meaning you have to boil your arse off or carry those layers around whilst trying to shop.

I'm with Eenuh, winter can suck my balls... maybe then they'll heat up a bit...

Oh Raining, you're a girl after my own heart! I'd always pegged you as a winter lady though, maybe because of your slightly weatherly username. I love love love the summer, I don't think that even despite my comforts can I be too hot, and I certainly wish much more in winter that I was boiling hot than I do in summer that I was freezing cold. Don't get me wrong, I kind of like winter and all, in the way that it's that friend of yours that is always there when you don't want them to be but you've known them so long you've just got to like them, plus they've got christmas as their killer app and you don't want to be doing away with the drink and numerous presents, you just wish you could do it without them.

I must say, yesterday was quite possibly the first true proper winters day that I have felt, it was cold to my bones, my toes froze even just walking the less than five minute journey from the bus to the front door of work! I hated it! There's nothing you can do, and it's so much more uncomfortable than being just a little bit too hot, when you're that hot you're too exhausted and fatigued to feel it truly like you do when the wind blows all against you and you try to man through it! At least the summer is constant, whereas the bitter wind comes in spontaneous lashings that tense your entire body up when you don't expect it!

However, just like that old friend I can't ignore, I recognise its face in a rather nostalgic way, and there's something that harks me right back to when I was younger and discovering how awesome life was, that I always get this strangely brief taste of, as it were, whenever I'm heading off for a night out not even that late in the evening but all is dark, and it's a little bit wet and a tiny bit bitter, and it makes me smile. Then there's the snow! The snow is the best, it's better than rain and I wish we never had rain in winter, I'd much rather the cold dry snow to the horribly annoying rain, if only it didn't drag our poor little country to such an awful standstill that I cannot afford to get the buses to join my friends who are playing inside the parks :(

The only tip that I might offer is that if you have a double duvet you lay it flat upon the bed, then lie inside just one half of it, and wrap the other around you so you are like a little pig inside a blanket, it can be so awesome on a cold winter's day.

Haha nice post rummeh! The cold is pure boggin. Once I get cold to my joints it takes hours upon hours for me to get back to norm!

Unfortunately I'm bad during the heat too... Because of my immune system problems (psoriasis especially) my body has very little control of its temperature. Which means I'll be frozen to the bone for hours then suddenly I'm sweating the bit out. >_>

When I was a kid I used to looooove the cold. Again because of my psoriasis I covered up, and in the summer it was pretty hellish. Now I don't really give a shit what people think so its all good :)

My favourite weather is a moderately warm day (early 20s) with a bit of a breeze and not too much rain. And I don't mind the cold days when its high pressure and all is still and quiet. They are nice thinking days. :P

Winter is awesome.

Mainly because of skiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing!

Though I do not think I shall be going this winter, family trip cancelled for obvious reasons :/

The worst we get in Sydney is lots of rain and blistering winds, but no snow :/. My partner and I are planning on visiting his family in England next year though *fingers crossed* so I may just see my first white Christmas! Yay!

and awesome Thunderstorms dear don't forget those =p

this is also mah GF i'm not calling a random person dear, that would be pretty weird..well to me anyway.

Waterproofs. Everyone at work thinks it's funny when it rains and I'm cycling, but I'm in a cocoon of waterproof warmth that means the only parts of me that get wet are my feet (stupid leaky shoes) and my face. So they're all idiots.

Don't you sweat like a bitch at all? In the day when I cycled in such a manner my back was as moist as ReZ when he sees himself in the mirror.

I have to disagree. That leaves one half open to the chilling elements. I do that in summer for ventilation at sleepytime.

Its so coooold in this.....house.

No bugs. Love it.

Yet I still get bitten...

I have to disagree. That leaves one half open to the chilling elements. I do that in summer for ventilation at sleepytime.

That's only if your duvet is too narrow and doesn't wrap around you fully. In the summer, I stick one leg out from underneath the duvet and it somehow helps me keep cool :D