NEurope
Cube

Xbox360 Dashboard Update - Opinions?

Dashboard update today. Verdict: I want to go back to the one we had yesterday.

Edit: They've also massively reduced sound quality of Xbox Live Party Chat.

Edited by Cube

Hmmm mine updated too.

I appear to have been left with just the "my xbox" options........ :/

EDIT: Oh wait. Had to re accept the terms for live. Now have them all. Don't really mind the layout. Seems a bit more in your face though...

Can anyone else not get the update? Im tryin to look on xbox forums but that wont work either. Bah guess this is what i pay for eh

I really like the new dashboard, not much has changed but it just looks a lot slicker.

The new logo intro is cool.

But i'm not sold on the new dash as a whole as yet, maybe i need time for it to 'warm' to me. There is just something i cant quite put my finger on and would be perfectly happy with the other one.

Although it does seem to move faster and some of the text doesn't look as blurry as it used 2.

I'm not really a fan of the updated website in fairness, preffered to old grey look when looking at achievements and comparing with friends games.

the new Console intro is pretty swish though, do like that and the logo, but as Jimbob mentions above the dashboard is similar to the website which I'm just not a fan of.

Ah is the new dash live to all now? I've had it for weeks and grown accustomed to it :)

Hopefully avatar awards work again now then...

best thing about this update is the new voice coms codec. It's much better quality and going on last night's Halo sesh, much more reliable. Didn't get a whiff of dropped coms during high bandwidth parts of the game at all.

Odd. For me (and the people I was in party chat with yesterday), everyone now sounds distant and like they're talking through a 1940s radio.

I don't really like it, it's a bit like going from Windows 7 to Windows 98 to me, I'd quite like it to be changed back.

Given it won't be, I can get used to it.

Its way too white, clashes with my background theme.

I don't like it.

A lot people hate change automatically, but after a time I think you'll find it's an improvement.

Everyone goes mad when they rearrange/redesign Facebook, but then 8 months down the line, they reshuffle again and people complain all over again that they want it back to how it was.

At first I didn't like the new style, but I find now that it moves smoother and looks much clearer and crisper.

I don't mind the new update, the panels or what ever look a lot nicer and smoother. But I don't like the white box that pops up when you press the Xbox button (I've forgotten all the buzzwords I'm afraid).

I reckon I'll give it an update later as I seem to need a reason to get the XBOX 360 on at the moment :indeed: I'm not sure how I'll feel about it, but it looks OK.. don't mind a wee refresh now and again :heh:

I was thinking that i was going to hate the new update, but upon downloading it it looks pretty good. The new website and the new dashboard also seem to display a bit more information than before which is good. :)

I haven't played enough to see how it works with my games, so this is purely by looking at it.

Not bad i say.

I quite like the new logo and the new design but it does looks a bit horible in places. Looks a bit too much like a website I think, rather than a proper interface.

Indie game companys dont like the changes done for indie games.

Xbox Live Indie Games developers have expressed their frustration over changes to the service's placement.

The Kinect dashboard update, which went live yesterday, has seen XBLIG's position moved away from its own strand within the Games Marketplace to a single tab within Speciality Shops, making it more difficult to find.

Games downloaded to hard drives also have their information reduced, removing descriptions, box art and the ability to rate the game.

As well as raising the issue on Twitter, developers have created a thread on the App Hub forums to discuss the changes.

"It just... boggles the mind. Clearly it's not based on even the simplest logic, which is what I'd assume gamers vaguely use when scrolling through those lists," said Mommy's Best Games studio head Nathan Fouts.

"I do think once someone accidentally wanders down the special alley to find Indie Games, the new layout is very nice. I love that you can click on the 'All' box at the end of any 50 list - that's grand.

"But I'm here to mourn Indie Games being known as 'games', which I suppose we must now rename Indie Specialties."

Binary Tweed managing director Daniel Jones said the changes appeared to be a "hasty oversight that does nothing for the channel owner, content creator or consumer".

Last month, the XNA Creator's Club website merged with Windows Phone 7 development for a single website that shared resources and a unified login.

Microsoft has yet to comment on the changes to XBLIG.

badzombies.jpg

Anyway I like the update design but it shame that XLIG are getting pushed back with this update.

Edited by Dante
Automerged Doublepost

It's sweet.

It's even more responsive and stuff seems to load faster.

Puts the PS3 menu system to (further) shame.

Much better, doesn't seem to want to make my xbox explode if I load up the dashboard mid game.

It looks alright. The white is a bit of any eyesore though compared to the duller and easier grey scheme I am used to. I also preferred the options being like 3d and going diagonally rather than just straight across.

When it updated, all my housemates were downstairs. We turned the lights off and turned sound up treating it like a movie to see what was about to happen. Then came up the crappy guide just because XBOX think they have opened their doors to a plethora of Wii's younger audience. Lame.

Forced to update, I did, and really I don't mind it that much or think it that bad. It seems so far to me pretty much exactly the same as the old one, with maybe a slightly higher resolution, and just differently coloured etc. I've not had alot of experience on live, having been only live for the past 2 weeks, but I was on all day sunday and can't say I noticed any much difference in the voice chat yesterday, except for one person who sounded a little distant.

I noticed the voice chat was clearer yesterday than it has been for a while.

Literally just got it updated. "Annoyed" that I hda to go through a noob tutorial. I like how now, when you go to your 'profile' then scroll left to see your achievement summaries, you can press Y to play teh game straight away (if it's playable). Mind you! That might've been on the old dash, I can't remember.

The game library has been streamlined and loads faster... aside from that, it's barely that different. I welcome it.