NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Caris

Car tax

Just renewed mine over the phone at 12:00pm today, anyone know if there is a chance the disc will come tomorrow? x

Edited by Caris

As long as you've bought it you can drive until it comes. The reg will scan as having been renewed.

Just renewed mine over the phone at 12:00pm today, anyone know if there id a chance the disc will come tomorrow? x

Not a chance.

Not a chance.

^

They take a couple of days last time I did mine and then I also did my mum's company tax (there were about 14 vehicles it was awful, they turned up a couple of days later.).

It doesn't really matter if the disc on display is out of date whilst you wait for a new one. The police will be able to see that you've paid it. I had a tax disc in my car that was 6 months out of date because I forgot to put the new one in - nothing ever came of it.

Yeah as long as you've paid there is a grace period. I've been pulled over without a disc before and they didn't say a thing. That was down to my charm and wit though really.

Technically you're ok to drive cause you'd be on the database as taxed, just carry a print off with you.

But you could still be done for failure to display.

Both those things don't make sense being together, but that's how it is.

(And yes, most of the time they'll be fine with it, but my mate wasn't fine and he got fined for failure to display.)

Not quite, if you apply before yours runs out you're fine, but I done it the day after so I have to wait for my new one.

fml

Wesley is right, there is an offence for failing to display a current tax disc regardless of wether you have bought one or not. You normally get several days grace anyway and would be unlucky if something was to happen to u.

Sign in to follow this