NEurope
lostmario

Your Favourite Childhood Toys

With Christmas on the horizon and all the toy adverts now appearing none stop on tv, what were your favourite set of toys as a kid?

I've recently been selling all my old toys that were in my parents loft but found one set of toys in a box that I couldn't part with, I had too many memories playing with them, I had to get them out of the loft and put them on display.

SN851578.jpg

Let the nostalgia wars begin!

Stretch Armstrong!

2010-02-06-stretch_armstrong.jpg

Until my friend decided to see just how stretchy he was he was my favourite by a mile. He could stretch you see.

ZOIDS for me. Coolest toys ever!

I absolutley LOVED Zoids!!! :D

%5CAUTOIMAGES%5CPL55800Alg.jpg

2006AE7838.jpg

750_6512260283.jpg

115057773kiqnstph.jpg

Edited by Retro_Link

I forgot all about Starcom! They were so cool, the way they moved using buttons and magnets, especially the Shadowbat (although I think I just had one of the smaller ones). I loved anything with moving parts.

PS - Looks like the Tri-Force on their wings!

My toys never had brands, they were just random figurines and teddy bears and such,

This was by far my favourite though.

pikachu-24115.jpg

Am, what instantly comes to mind are wrestling toys, I had like all of them!

Some power ranger stuff, buzz lightyear :D, cheap pokémon merchandise and I think I had an obsession with an Ariel doll when I was younger :p

Maybe not my favourite but worth a mention:

We still have it. Although 15+ years in the attic means it now says "Nzz zdnas bazznaszz"

Oh god i used to love k'nex! Had boxes full of the stuff.

I also had those micro machine vehicles that folded out into a town where you could drive around the micro machine cars.

But alas my mother never kept things, she sold them. Including the k'nex, micro machines and a gameboy colour. :hmm:

Whoa, this is some seriously nostalgic stuff in here. Starcom, Zoids, retro Turtles...

I think you guys pretty much covered a lot of mine already.

I'm about 10 years older than most of you guys so mine haven't been covered. :)

I loved my He-Man figures, my transformer figures (especially Jazz) and my Star Wars figures (especially my X-Wing and my Boba Fett).

More broadly, my childhood also featured my BMX (Raleigh BMX bike of the year 1985) rather heavily and my Spectrum 48k.

SN851578.jpg

Yes! My collection was no way near as extensive as that, but I had the ring and some of those figures. The ring was awesome, with its buttons. "one-one-one-one-on-on-o-o-o-one two three" lol.

Stretch Armstrong!

2010-02-06-stretch_armstrong.jpg

Yes! Although I had the Ninja one.

dscf0268_300x225.jpg

Those Batman toys were fucking sick. I loved playing with those. I only had two though;

(Edit, wrong one initially posted)

batman_pirahna_blade_moc.jpg

batman_knight_star_moc.jpg

RAPPORT.

Those were the EXACT two Batmen I thought about when I considered posting some Batmen. But I had quite a few. I had the "ninja/knight star" Robin to match the gold Batman, as well (my only Robin, until they released the animated Tim Drake one).

EDIT: You changed the pictures. The one you had originally is the Batman I was thinking of posting.

I also loved my

LOBcatwoman1.jpg

and

LOBthejoker.jpg

I remember when I was 3 or 4, I dropped Catwoman's net down into a below-ground housing area place and couldn't get it back. :(

DXMegazord1.jpg

i had loads of these... just got rid of them 2 weekends ago, they were in the loft gathering dust!

1.jpg

I remember the Turtles action figures, and Lego was always a hit, but ...

My toys never had brands, they were just random figurines and teddy bears and such,

This was by far my favourite though.

pikachu-24115.jpg

... THIS takes the prize! I LOVE stuffed toys (still have a bunch of them - there's even still a few in my room), and my Pikachu was and is undeniably my favourite. He's sitting on my shelf, pretty dirty and worn from the many years I've had him, and I'd probably be pretty devastated if something happened to him.

Beast Wars!

HT81147Alg.jpg

Man, there was something awesome about robots who transformed into animals. Especially that one where the Lion, the Elephant and the Eagle could combine:

240px-Magnaboss-bwtoy.jpg

Which reminds me of...

mav536.jpg

Too awesome. I loved the Megazords, but the White Tiger was my favourite by far.

EDIT: Also, I second the Knex and Legos. "Builder" toys let your imagination run wild like no other.

Edited by Jonnas

Which reminds me of...

mav536.jpg

Too awesome. I loved the Megazords, but the White Tiger was my favourite by far.

Yep, White Tiger was indeed awesome!! Though Dragonzord FTW!!

dragonzord.jpg

Of the Zords I think had Megazord, Dragonzord, White Tigerzord and can't quite remember or not whether I had Red Dragonzord Thunderzord but I think I did.

Also had the Power Rangers Power Gun/Sword and Power Morpher...

Morpher.jpg

It's MORPHIN' TIME!!

I had this one from the movie, which came with a batman and joker...

batwing100.jpg

Also to go with my ghostbusters figures...

Ecto1.jpg

and

front.jpg