NEurope
Paj!

Awesome Opening Credits

A good opening sequence in a TV show can set a tone, and make you interested in what you're about to watch.

What are your favourite opening credits?

Recently stunning me is True Blood, which I just started watching (and love);

The Wire is perfect, the serious sound effect phase-out going into the quote is always a 'Wire-settle-down time for awesome sequential hour speciale' moment.

Thank you, thank you, thank you for making this thread.

A few offerings before I hit the old hay to tire myself out before laying down in my bed.

---

First, two awesome movie openings for you guys to digest at this unholy hour.

The Naked Gun 3:

Arguably the funniest movie opening ever.

Evangelion 2.22 - You Can (NOT) Advance

Subbed in crazy language for no spoilers, no less awesome because of that. Best anime movie opening in forever.

Now for some of my favourite television intros:

Quantum Leap

No explanation needed why this is awesome, right?

Power Rangers

This is just as awesome as the original Japanese intro.

Pokemon Japan - Ready, Go!

My favourite of all the Japanese Pokemon intros. So dramatic!

Mighty Max

This show had a ROCKIN' intro and great animation.

Edited by Guy

Love this intro so much! Shame I couldn't find the Lylat Wars one (obviously it's the same, just says Lylat Wars at the end) - it'll always be Lylat Wars to me :P

And there's just something about Ocarina of Time's opening that brings out all the emotions of the game for me.

People say its too long but I love it:

Plus its almost a headfuck if you listen to it while getting ready.

Both Big Love intros deserve some love. Different tones for the show's change in dramatic tone and great songs.

Unfortunately Youtube doesn't have the proper version for FNL, it's the right music but just some fan made credits instead of the actual ones.

There are quite a few more I could have put on but those are probably my favourites. It's a dying art nowadays, i'm sick of these stupid title cards most shows are using nowadays. I would much rather lose a minute of storyline to see an actual opening theme :heh:

Mighty Max

This show had a ROCKIN' intro and great animation.

Max is much more of a pussy than I remembered. He seems to run away a lot.

The title sequence to Alien I still think is the greatest thing committed to celluloid.

Personal favourite

Amazing use of music.

Also: as a big fan of the comics I'd spent a good deal of time prior to the film thinking: how the hell are they planning to deal with all the prose sections in the book? Seeing them all so brilliantly placed in the opening montage was just amazing.

This Batman intro is better
Agreed!

How is the Prison Break Intro NOT on Youtube?!!

Broadcast Yourself
Audio
Edited by Retro_Link

Edit: music disabled for that last one. So fucking lame whichever company started that trend. As if it's going to hurt their sales somehow.

Oh well, you can all hear it in your head.

Duddlerner ner ner ner

Duddlerner ner ner NER

Duddlerner ner ner ner

NER NER!

Edited by Shorty

Yes! X-Men. My god.

The theme tune is on my iPod.

I always loved the ending credits too, how they had those REALLY COOL AT THE TIME 3-D models of the characters, on some sortof fancy computer screen.

I think Eden of the East has an great opening (best viewed in 720p), partly because it's English rather than Engrish, but also because it's very stylish:

I'm sure I can think of some other good things that haven't yet been posted, but it might take me a while. The watchmen one is awesome though.

Edit: Wait, it does spell "remorse" wrong, lol.

Edited by Supergrunch

I once got so pumped up during the intro that I kicked my Mum square in the face. Now she knows better that to interrupt the Z.

Also, the regular beating of my mother by me and my Dad is referred to as "Rocking the Dragon".

I once got so pumped up during the intro that I kicked my Mum square in the face. Now she knows better that to interrupt the Z.

Also, the regular beating of my mother by me and my Dad is referred to as "Rocking the Dragon".

I remember this, I used to think the song was retarded. I still do :indeed:

I would post the opening to gigantor but I can't seem to find a colour version. I refuse to believe what I watched was in black and white even though I barely remember it.