NEurope
Daft

Stolen

I just had the front cog of my bike stolen. Someone took off my pedal, stole the cog and then put my pedal back on my bike. I'm actually really quite upset. I see my bike as the one thing I can really depend on, pretty much an extension of myself. I know it sounds really stupid, even I'm surpirsed by how upset it's made me...

So yeah...I feel violated and am angry and distraught. Anyone else been through this shit?

Having things stolen from you is an incredibly horrible feeling, one you're never really prepared for. Especially when you won't get it back. It's as you said, violating.

7 or 8 years ago my Dad's WHOLE bike got stolen during a 5 minute shop in one of our village's stores that's only 3x3 metres big. Unbelievable.

It was worth £600.

So basically stop whining, there's always people worse of than you. Dont be such a fucking baby Daft. STOP IT!!!!!!

Other peoples situations being worse doesn't make his situation any better.

Mcoy had the back break mechanism stolen off his bike when at college. Mcoy did not notice until he needed to use it... Mcoy was glad he was not in a busy area.

Not that this is in any way comforting, you just have to divorce yourself from belongings.

Normally, I would but I depend on my bike.

Yeah, it happened about a year ago. It's former glory

Uuuurgh, that really is fucking awful.

7 or 8 years ago my Dad's WHOLE bike got stolen during a 5 minute shop in one of our village's stores that's only 3x3 metres big. Unbelievable.

It was worth £600.

So basically stop whining, there's always people worse of than you. Dont be such a fucking baby Daft. STOP IT!!!!!!

My bike costs about the same, probably more, and I had two level 9 locks on it. So basically, fuck you.

Mcoy had the back break mechanism stolen off his bike when at college. Mcoy did not notice until he needed to use it... Mcoy was glad he was not in a busy area.

I dunno why, but this post made me lol.

I can't think of a time when I've had something stolen, actually. Been burgled, which was horrible.

My bike costs about the same, probably more, and I had two level 9 locks on it. So basically, fuck you.

Gai. It was a cog. Don't cry.

Lolol.

Seriously though, I'm sorry for your loss. Theft is disgusting.

There's some seriously top notch consoling going on in this thread. Some of you definitely need to cross Samaritans off your list of things to do before you die.

Daft, that sucks. Having something stolen is awful, but this is something every bike owner goes through at some point in my experience. It's like a rite of passage and you sir have become a true cyclist now.

To anyone who has had shit stolen from them, you have my condolences.

Yeah, it happened about a year ago. It's former glory

:(

------

My house totally got burgled yo. A burglars footprint in the duvet on my bed was a strange and "horrible" thing to see, making you feel uneasy in your own home is a pretty terrible thing. [/Cliche]

But I'm glad it happened in the end. New TV and N64 games FTW.

There's some seriously top notch consoling going on in this thread. Some of you definitely need to cross Samaritans off your list of things to do before you die.

Daft, that sucks. Having something stolen is awful, but this is something every bike owner goes through at some point in my experience. It's like a rite of passage and you sir have become a true cyclist now.

To anyone who has had shit stolen from them, you have my condolences.

Yeah, it was going to happen sooner or later. Just cheeses me off that they took the front gear cog and then screwed the pedal back on. Some people are real gits.

I'm sure I've had my bike stolen before. I've had a fair amount of bikes.

Daddy's had his car stolen and our house was burgled. So it's been a fun life. Probably what feeds my own taste for... obtaining.

I had my brand new fiesta stolen (the nice ones!), whilst I was at college. It was parked in the college car park and was caught on camera!

They reckon it was an inside job, because it order to have a working key you need a special magnetic code that suits only your car (thus why your key won't open other cars of the same type or something). So someone at a Ford garage or something like that must have helped them. Fuckers!

Sorry for you loss. That sickening feeling you get knowing you'll never get it back is truly the worst.

I see my bike as the one thing I can really depend on, pretty much an extension of myself.

It's weird you should say that as it's a marketing phenomenon that people don't usually relate to themselves. It basically means that people use products or brands to try and tell other people what they're all about. Common ones are people using the iconic white Apple earphones (not so much any more, but 6/7 years ago before they got hugely popular). One major one is parents dressing babies up in certain ways.*

I got a jacket stolen the other week but I can't really complain because I didn't put it in the cloakroom because I couldn't be bothered waiting in the huge queue either side of the night. It was an old one I've had for years so wasn't all that bothered about it.

I can't think of anything else I've had stolen at the moment; years and years ago my parents had a car stolen from the driveway, hotwired presumably. The flat upstairs from me were burgled a few months ago which was quite worrying because we've been known to leave our door open overnight and things like that.

That sickening feeling you get knowing you'll never get it back is truly the worst.

Are we still talking about stolen goods?

Are we still talking about stolen goods?

My parents? :weep:

Nah, I kid, I was talking about stolen stuff and have no idea what kind of innuendo that leads onto.