NEurope
Beast

SAW

Probably the only big SAW fan here and probably the only one looking forward to watching the last ever movie but what the Hell, I'll make a thread anyways! Tried searching for it but I couldn't find anything so apologies if this was made...

Anyway, I'm re-watching the entire series and I've just finished the third one and I've spotted a few things that I didn't see before that adds up things for SAW IV and SAW V. Here's a trailer for the new SAW 3D: The Final Chapter.

So am I the only one who's looking forward to this? Most likely yes...

Yeah I'm a big fan I do think they have lost their way somewhat and become more about the gore whilst I like to think in the first two the gore was on top of the twists and cleverness of the plot they were trying to weave. I feel they have kinda lost control of it and let it spiral a bit crazy but hey still fun to watch/.

I am kind of looking forward to it. Saw II - VIIIII or whatever they are upto ARE shit, but they are entertaining, and they are absolutely a guilty pleasure of mine.

I kind of possibly need to choose between this and Paranormal Activity 2 though. I mean ...ideally I would like to fit them both in, but time wise and money wise. I dunno. Yeah. I havn't decided.

I went to see Paranormal Activity 2 tonight, but I've been looking forward to Saw 3D much more. I've enjoyed almost all the films in the franchise (Saw IV was pretty dull, IMO) and I can't wait to see how it all ends. I think my problem is that I can never remember the finer details about the films, so I have to search the Net for plot synopses and unanswered questions before I go and see each new film..

I am kind of looking forward to it. Saw II - VIIIII or whatever they are upto ARE shit, but they are entertaining, and they are absolutely a guilty pleasure of mine.

I kind of possibly need to choose between this and Paranormal Activity 2 though. I mean ...ideally I would like to fit them both in, but time wise and money wise. I dunno. Yeah. I havn't decided.

I've heard some good things about Paranormal Activity 2 and I loved the first but choosing between that and SAW 3D is no contest for me. SAW 3D everytime.

I also love how we MAY get an explanation as to what happened to Lawrence Gordon. My Spidey senses tingled around 1:05 to 1:08 of the trailer I posted earlier.

My buddy Gary is immensely into Saw, but his love wanes with every further release.

Haven't seen enough of them to comment, but I enjoyed everything I did watch.

I love Saw. Unlike the many half-wits, I enjoy it for what it is, not whinge about what it isn't. I'm going into see it on Thursday, I shall report back then; i'm guessing possible deaths?

I think they like to imagine themselves as heroically beating the unbeatable traps and emerge from the ordeal a better person. They'd die. All of them.

I love SAW because (and I'm probably going to be the minority here) I love the story. After watching all of the movies again back-to-back, it really does tie things up and actually makes some sense. I'm hoping The Last Chapter will tie everything up neatly.

not whinge about what it isn't

Then you're slighlty wrong, because we're whinging about the fact that they made a bad series out of a good movie, by taking the irrelevant (but cool) aspects about it and amplifying them to the point of complete loss of coherence.

I'm looking forward to it, i have enjoyed each Saw film on varying levels.

I 2 quite like the story and how it has all fit together, throughout each film and how each film is linked!

been collecting the saw movies for a while. Might as well snatch this up when it comes out, just for completionists sake.

Why have they named it Saw 3D? So people will assume it's a cheap cash-in remake of the first film with 3D shoved in?

Aren't most people sticking with SAW nowadays to see how a pretty bizarrely told story ends? Not because the franchise keeps pumping out solid efforts each year?

I'm looking forward to it, i have enjoyed each Saw film on varying levels.

I 2 quite like the story and how it has all fit together, throughout each film and how each film is linked!

That's what I love about the movies too. I also love the timeline, some happen months later, some happen at the same time and some happen a couple to four days later.

I've recently told a friend of mine to watch all of the SAWs after he watched the first one and then judged them, saying the others are crap and won't have any story. Each day, he talks to me about the cliffhangers and asking me about some things in the movie and he's enjoying them at the moment. I think he's on the fifth one tonight, I'm on the sixth.

Oh and it's full title is SAW 3D: The Final Chapter so if it wasn't in 3D, I suppose it could be called SAW: The Final Chapter.

Also, that poster is cool but I prefer the 'eye-popping' or the 'mind-blowing' one.

Just back from the cinema, I really enjoyed it.

I enjoyed all the Saw movies, of course the later ones didn't have a patch on the first 3, but I loved the twist endings and how they make things fit together.

Thought the acting in the new one was actually pretty good too, better than 5 and 6 anyway... minus the new cop character Gibson, every line he spoke sounded wierd, but the rest was all good. Plus the few moments with Tobin Bell are always awesome.

The 3D was pretty good too. Of course a lot of blood and guts coming out of the screen, some of the better ones was prolly the TV coming out of the screen and the trap where you see some shots from a 1st person view of the victim.

Seeing a flashback to the first film and seeing Dr. Gordon had survived was cool, great to finally have an answer to that lingering question. It was something I always hoped would be touched on with each sequel.

The first trap with the chainsaws was a bit of a harsh one with the chainsaws. And way different that it was set up in such a public area. Though I do wonder how "Jigsaw" could have set that up unnoticed, but we'll let that one slide.

Then the trap with the neo-nazis in the car (that was Chester from Linkin Park, haha), having to rip your skin off, there was no way they were gonna survive that one, ouch.

The Bobby Dagen character I kinda knew from the start that he was lying about being in a Jigsaw trap. I could have kinda let it slide that he may have just been a victim unseen in a previous film, but when he explained his "trap" when there was no flashback to show it I was certain he was lying. Then when he showed the scares they seemed pretty small to have come from something Jigsaw could have set up.

And seriously how could he possibly expect to lie about such a thing, even if he could get away with it in the view of the general public, surely he'd know Jigsaw would obviously know he was never "tested", which is just begging to get yourself set up.

Though I suppose he was prolly the only one to have told Jigsaw how to "test" him, :heh:

Actually the black woman at the survivors meeting, who described the trap with her and her abusive boyfriend hanging over a bunch of deadly fans... was that from a previous film? I don't remember that one... didn't do a rewatching of previous films?

I knew nothing about the film going into it but had been told a lot of things get answered, towards the end of the film I was pretty happy but there was one thing I was thinking of from the 6th film which I was waiting to find out about but almost appeared to have been forgotten... till the end

The twist at the end was genious and really glued a lot of things together. Of course I was wondering about the envelop Jill delivered in 6, and was starting to think "are they not going to address that". Having Dr. Gordon become another Jigsaw sidekick was genius. And explained a number of things that I actually didn't even question before. But it helped make it all make sense.

I wonder though did Hoffman not know about Gordon?

Also who were the other two with Gordon when they attacked Hoffman? Maybe that will be one question left unanswered unfortunately.

Was good to have it also end in the room where the series began, however I would have liked had Gordon killed Hoffam rather than just leave him to starve.

Felt sorry for Joyce though, she didn't really do anything wrong. She wasn't being tested. Guess that's meant to be Bobbys punishment, his own life wasn't ever in danger (minus when stuck in the cage I guess), his punishment was more having to live without the people he cared about knowing he could have saved them but failed. I mean his wounds were hardley life threatening.

Was kinda hoping after he failed to free Joyce that maybe there would have been some kind of twist where even though he failed she was freed but the floor would be electrified and he would die or something like that.

While this is meant to be the final film it is kinda left open for more, but I hope they stick with this being the end as it kinda ended pretty well I thought.

Saw was gruesome and thrilling. The rest are forgettable trash yet somehow the soap opera-style drama keeps pulling me in.

Just back from the cinema. My initial reaction: disappointed.

Because... (SPOILERS)

* Not enough Jigsaw. Only a random-feeling 3 min appearance, more like a cameo really. He's the driving force of the whole thing.

* Rubbish fake blood. Wtf?? No excuse for this. The blood in some bits was awful, especially Jill's death. The blood on her forehead was practically purple!! No excuse for this, just looked cheap.

* Dull storyline. I just found the storyline dull, and the only excitement came with the reintroduction of a certain character *wink*. Apart from that it was like Saw 6 - Part II. But more boring.

* Lack of classic Saw theme music. Just... why. Why why why.

Overall just found it a bit lazy and underwhelming, thought they would have made more of an effort with the final.

Meh. I'll still pick it up on dvd, just so i have the full saga. Definitely not one of the better ones though.

* Lack of classic Saw theme music. Just... why. Why why why.

Huh? It was in there.

Anyway, it was as shit as expected/as good as expected. Slightly tainted the first film with the "twist" (I'm the guy who never guesses the twist before it happens but I saw this a mile off)

Anyway its stupid how

that every single person he tests suddenly goes "Yeah, serial killings not so bad, I'd be up for it." Seriously. Like...what 4 or 5 people now? Silly

But yeah. Shit but entertaining.

Also the cop was HILARIOUSLY bad at acting. My friend and I openly laughing at the majority of his scenes.

6/10

I enjoyed all the Saw movies, of course the later ones didn't have a patch on the first 3,

Saw II - VII don't come in the same genre as Saw. They shouldn't even be thought about or spoken about in the same sentence/paragraph/anything. Etc.