NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Retro_Link

LOST PLANET: Extreme Condition - Xbox 360

Here's a trailer of Capcoms Xbox 360 title;

Lost Planet: Extreme Condition;

http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=8675&pl=game&type=wmv

Capcom has announced it will be developing a new sci-fi action game for the Xbox 360, titled Lost Planet: Extreme Condition.

Release date; Q4 2006 in Europe.

In Lost Planet, humankind survives on a frozen world with the help of protective vital suits, but they live in fear of the native monsters in the planet, the vaguely insectoid eigrids. Players take the role of a mysterious man named Wayne, who was discovered frozen in a vital suit. Wayne suffers from amnesia, and all he remembers are the death of his father and the eigrid that killed him.

According to Capcom, Lost Planet will play as a first-person shooter with action elements, although the trailer and screenshots released show gameplay from a primarily third-person view.

In a meeting with the press, Inafune commented that Lost Planet is being designed with Xbox Live in mind. He said Capcom will be using its experience from the Monster Hunter series to make Lost Planet's online multiplayer modes solid.

The development team working on Lost Planet includes some big names at Capcom. Keiji Inafune, creator of the Onimusha series and Mega Man series, will be working as the game's executive producer, while Jun Takeuchi, producer of Resident Evil 5, will also be producing Lost Planet. The game will be codirected by Kenji Ohguro and Shin Kurosawa. Ohguro has previously worked as a planner for Onimusha and Onimusha 3, while Kurosawa has worked on the Mega Man Battle Network series.

Much as it did with the Onimusha series, Capcom is modeling the main character in Lost Planet after a real-life actor. The game will feature Korean star Lee Byung-Hun (Joint Security Area, 3-Iron) to take on the role of Wayne. Like Onimusha series actor Takeshi Kaneshiro (House of Flying Daggers, Fallen Angels), Byung-Hun is a big fan of video games, Resident Evil, and Onimusha specifically, which was part of the reason Capcom gave for offering him the job.

93800010zu.jpg

93800027km.jpg

93800036gg.jpg

93800043kv.jpg

93800058ne.jpg

93800064pp.jpg

Looks a pretty cool game, though at the moment it's not really looking all that next-gen;

I'd say Capcom have used some of the Resident Evil 4 engine and the PN03 engine to create this game (it seems a little similar to both of these games IMO);

- The way the main character moves (and when in cutscenes) seems exactly like Leon when walking, running etc... and the large boss monsters and scenes are like Resi 4,

- The way the enimies are laid out onscreen, their style and how they come out the ground reminds me of PN03.

Nice overall though; a number of gameplay styles!

Hmm...not too sure about this one. It reminds me a lot of Starship Troopers actually, which isnt a bad thing, but the mech sections are really what puts me off. Its a pity because I found the snippets of the story they revealed to be quite intriguing - I will have to see if I can get past my bias towards the mechs to give this a shot.

________

C20ne

Edited by Johelian

Hmm...not too sure about this one. It reminds me a lot of Starship Troopers actually, which isnt a bad thing, but the mech sections are really what puts me off. Its a pity because I found the snippets of the story they revealed to be quite intriguing - I will have to see if I can get past my bias towards the mechs to give this a shot.
Yeah, the mechs are what i like least about this game;

I guess the mech against mech fights are necessary, but the on-foot fights against the mechs look much better and more fun!

Yeah, the mechs are what i like least about this game;

I guess the mech against mech fights are necessary, but the on-foot fights against the mechs look much better and more fun!

Definitely - the section in the cave with the masses of flying beasties looks very cool (and pretty much the only bit I thought looked like it had been produced for next-gen hardware).

________

Vaporite Solo

Edited by Johelian

mmm.....why is it all mech games seem to make giant hulking suits of weapontry look about as destructive as a cheese toastie.

cool setting though (ha!)

I'm looking forward to it. Why? Because its being made by Capcom.

you gotta hand it to the man, the logic is almost flawless there.

i only say almost because of Pn03. yuck.

Now this is why i purchased a Xbox360, this game looks really cool!

Hopefully it will play well...oh and i kinda liked PN.03! Although i was hoping for a more Halo FPS aspect crossed with War Of The Worlds kinda enemies mixed with the action sequences of RE4! :grin:

Downloaded the trailer from Xbox arcade.. Looks stunning... but boring.. the charakter moddels are amzing.. I'll buy it if it gets good reviews.

Sign in to follow this