N-Europe

Getting rid of those awful sticks (PS3 Pad)

Goafer

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My PS3 controller keep breaking. My first DS3, the trigger lost it's pop. The second one now registers the d-pad randomly whenever I use the left stick.

Anyone know the cheapest place to buy a new PS3 controller? I think I'm going to have to bite the bullet and get another. I would have got the 360 adapter thing but you need a wired controller and I only have a plug and play kit, which doesn't work.

My PS3 controller keep breaking. My first DS3, the trigger lost it's pop. The second one now registers the d-pad randomly whenever I use the left stick.

Anyone know the cheapest place to buy a new PS3 controller? I think I'm going to have to bite the bullet and get another. I would have got the 360 adapter thing but you need a wired controller and I only have a plug and play kit, which doesn't work.

ebay, by far, as far as I'm aware. Pretty much any colour for £26.99

I want that pink one. Japan only I think though.

Wah.

I remember Rez' disappointment with his new Red one because the likkle stickies woodnt work properwy with his gaims. :(

Awww.

(by properly, they weren't worn in enough, making Unch less comfy and easy to aim. Don't want to scare Daft now do we?)

I want that pink one. Japan only I think though.

Wah.

I remember Rez' disappointment with his new Red one because the likkle stickies woodnt work properwy with his gaims. :(

Awww.

(by properly, they weren't worn in enough, making Unch less comfy and easy to aim. Don't want to scare Daft now do we?)

God that was mental. It was like playing with no arms.

err...

cross_battle_adapter_small.jpg

It's not even expensive... And it's absolutely perfect, you have my word.

Just so people know, the XCM is actually awesome. Mine showed up today and it works really well. Some observations:

You can remap any button to any other button so you can have the triggers as shoot/aim on games that have the R1/L2 as shoot/aim.

You can swap the sticks for Southpaw controls (this is a godsend to me. I can finally play Fallout)

There seems to be a very slight delay between pressing the button and it registering, but it's un-noticable unless you really look for it. Could just have been the game I was playing though

The triggers aren't analogue any more

The sticks are analogue and work fine

Real easy to set up

In short: it's very good, but might not be suited for racing games due to lack of analogue triggers.

What does south paw do? Like, what does it swap to what?

It makes it so that the right stick moves and the left stick aims. Basically for left handed people who want to aim with their left/main hand.

A few early FPS games on consoles that only had one stick used southpaw as default, with the buttons on the right of the pad (A/B/X/Y on the DC or the C pad on the N64) for movement and the stick for aiming. Quake 3 Arena on the DC used these controls. Some right handed people use southpaw because they got used to it in these games.

I can play games without using southpaw controls, but I don't enjoy it as much. It almost ruins the game for me. Luckily, I'm sorted for both consoles now. I have the XCM for the PS3 and a rewired leftie pad for the 360 (if I ever get another one). Most games support southpaw control schemes, but some (such as Oblivion and Fallout. Bethesda are twats) don't.