NEurope
Jonnas

The Gentlemen's Mafia - Game Thread

(If you haven't received your PM yet, it's because I am still sending them. Please be patient)

Gentlemen's Regulations

-The day phase has no set time. If I feel like the day has gone for too long or if discussion has died, I will warn you before ending the day prematurely;

-The night phase is 48 hours long at most. I may make an exception for the first day, but that is as tolerant as I get;

-If you don't want to use your power, send me a PM along the lines of "Not using my power tonight, please";

-Please do not post game-related discussion during the night. Automerge prevention will be appreciated, though;

-Do not post after you died. I will only tolerate one post lamenting your death, but that's it;

-Editing posts is forbidden. Anyone caught doing so will be punished;

-If you have any questions about your role or gameplay mechanics, just send me a PM with your question;

-Have fun :)

-----------

It was a fine day in the Princess’ summer house. With the intricate, almost labyrinthic architecture and the beautiful, well-kept garden. In her room, Princess Olivia knew that she had chosen the best place to hold her 14th birthday party. All of the guests had already arrived for her Masquerade Ball and seemed to have a splendid afternoon in that wonderful garden:

“Why, I say. You look familiar to me.”

“I am not surprised, my good sir. But as per the rules, I shan’t reveal my name. For now, however, I may answer to Dane Lad Daniel.”

“My. How about simply Dannyboy?”

“Now that is just silly folly.”

As the guests engaged in such candid conversation, Princess Olivia was almost ready. As soon as she appeared, everyone was to remove their masks and enjoy the rest of the festivities.

She did not expect that knock on the door however. As soon as she opened the door, three men wearing black masks suddenly entered the room.

“We apologize for our rude approach, but you are not to stay here. You must leave immediately”

“Why should I cancel the party that took so long to organize?”

“That is not for you to know. Should you deny our request, we shall resort to force”

“Then do so. I will not give in to your demands”

As soon as she was done speaking, one of the shady individuals quickly grabbed her. As they carried her to the entrance hall, the Princess resorted to her Royal dexterity, quickly slipped off her dress and disappeared into the labyrinthic corridors of the house.

Any attempts by the men in black would be fruitless. The princess had already vanished into the maze.

------------

A few minutes later, the guests in the courtyard grew impatient. The princess seemed to be running late, or so everyone thought.

Soon afterwards, a man in a black mask stepped into the garden.

“You must all leave this building. The princess refused to meet our demands, but I assure that I am not afraid to take lives. You have until midnight to leave the building. Those who stay will suffer my wrath as well as those of my colleagues’.”

The man went back inside, locking the door behind him.

Fearful of the situation, several people chose to leave. The gatekeeper grew disappointed with the lack of courage shown by the majority. Some select few chose to stay, however.

“I say, we shouldn’t give in to such threats.”

“Well said! We shall stay and fight”

“Yes, but how? The culprits could stand among us as we speak!”

“In fact, they could off us all in our sleep!”

“They won’t! I will openly challenge this group to a mafia duel!” the gatekeeper said as he removed his glove and threw it into the ground

“Well thought, my good sir. We shall keep our masks and aliases to hide our identities.”

“This duel shall be a victory for peace and the ways of the gentlemen!”

“Indeed!”

“Forsooth!”

“Quite!”

“Cheerio!”

"For the win, I say!"

As the man with the strange accent shouted, every one of the 23 people left in the garden knew that they had entered the first round.

Remaining Players:

-aqu1la

-chairdriver

-Cube

-dan-likes-trees

-Dannyboy-the-Dane

-Diageo

-Dyson

-Eenuh

-Ellmeister

-gmac

-heroicjanitor

-Jayseven

-Jonnas

-MadDog

-mr-paul

-Nintendohnut

-Paj Meen Ah

-ReZourceman

-Rummy

-Sméagol

-Tales

-The Peeps

-Zell

There are 23 remaining players (majority is 12)

Day 1 starts now

-------------------

Day 2 - The Fall of the Gentleman Thief

Day 3 - Of Butlers and Pianists

Day 4 - The Peacefully Elongated Night

Day 5 - Deadman's Twist

Day 6 - The Gatekeeper Departs

Day 7 - The Irish Maid

Day 8 - The Red Note

Day 9 - Limping Doctor

Day 10 - Enter the Cross-Mask

-------------------

Music Tracks - Youtube links:

-Mask*DeMasque's Theme - Orchestrated (from Phoenix Wright: T&T. Official arrangement)

-

(fan remix of "Sealed Book" from Final Fantasy V)

-City That Never Sleeps ~ Treno Theme (from Final Fantasy IX)

-Victory (A Gift of Spring) ~ Victory Theme #1 (from Chrono Cross)

-Luke Atmey's Theme - Piano Version (from Phoenix Wright: T&T. Fan arrangement)

-Lindblum (from Final Fantasy IX)

-

(sung by the Meninas Cantoras de Petrópolis [singing Girls of Petrópolis])

-

(from The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker)

-

(from Soul Calibur II)

-

(from Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance. Fan arrangement)

-Opening of House M.D. (name unknown)

-

(from Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney)

-

(from Phoenix Wright: Justice for All)

-

(from Phoenix Wright: Justice for All)

-Person Who Conceives Frenzy (from Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World)

Edited by Jonnas

I say, chums, I feel like Voting: No Lynch

p.s. I suck at "gentlemen speak".

Nah not this time! Dannyboy is explicitly mentioned by name in the write-up! Highly suspicious..

vote: Dannyboy-the-Dane

Does this mean there's a naked 14 year old princess running about the house? That's just not cricket...

Vote: No Lynch

Funny question: How did you know my real name is Daniel? Have I mentioned it at some point? Or are we friends on Facebook or something like that? :heh:

Funny question: How did you know my real name is Daniel? Have I mentioned it at some point? Or are we friends on Facebook or something like that? :heh:

I don't even have Facebook :heh: You once mentioned Dannyboy was your real-life nickname. There was only one possible conclusion for that.

Either way, that was just the remains of an early idea of mine that I scrapped: renaming everyone in the list to fancy, gentleman names. That didn't work so well. "Dane Lad Daniel" was just too good to pass up, though.

-----------------------

Vote Standings

No Lynch (4): gmac, Dannyboy-the-Dane, Cube, The Peeps

Dannyboy-the-Dane (1): Sméagol

(Majority is 12)

By the way, I added a little bit in the regulations about editing posts: don't do it, or you're punished.

Vote:Bowser

HE's after the bloody princess again! I received a pm with that info last night so we must lynch him out! Or ReZ.

If one had any clickable-gratitude-telegrams left, one would almsot certainly had deposited one and left it in your kind hands solomon-Jonnas, but my reserves appear to be empty. Please accept my sincerest apologies and understand that I am in awe of what has been written.

Also one does not feel that an adequate amount of evidence has been forthcoming and thus I believe the best course of action would be to Voteth : Not Lynch.

ReZ is specifically mentioned in the write-up.

How coincidental he is the last one!

Maybe he's an insider!

Why, what an intriguing situation.

Vote: I shan't be lynching anyone tonight, thankyouverymuch

Vote Standings

No Lynch (9): gmac, Dannyboy-the-Dane, Cube, The Peeps, Paj Meen Ah, heroicjanitor, aqu1a, ReZourceman, Nintendohnut

Dannyboy-the-Dane (1): Sméagol

(Majority is 12)

By the way, you may start sending your Night 1 PMs now. It is obvious where this is going.