NEurope
killer kirby

Professor Layton VS Phoenix Wright (March 28)

Jesus, I forgot that this game is coming out in Japan soon, if only the 3DS got the love over here like Japan gets...I mean they got Animal Crossing this month and now this very soon, they are getting Dragon Quest VII in Feb and then a month later Monster Hunter 4.

We could only ever dream of getting excellent content like that over here so frequently :(

Game looks pretty epic! :D

Tempting to get a 3DS for this!

Edited by Retro_Link

Whilst I've dabbled in both series briefly, I've never actually bought a game for either. However I just watched the N-Direct and realised just quite how epic and awesome an idea this is. Gone from zero interest to some srs interest now. Maybe it'll die by next year but...man, yeah. Hopefully won't need much past knowledge to fully enjoy it!

Nice review. Apart from the misplaced possessive apostrophe in the first sentence :heh:.

Edit: also, I think there's a missing clause in the last sentence of the first paragraph.

I am super excited for this. Love Ace Attorney and Layton. Also a big fan of crossovers so I know that Ibwill love this game. The trailer blew me away with the lovely animation.

Nice review, and many of the comments are similar to other reviews I've read about the game. With two of the DS's breakout stars in their own game there was the potential to damage the image of either. Thankfully the developers look to have done a great job, with reviews looking to be scoring higher than their individual games!

I can't wait. I've enjoyed the Layton titles, and I am a huge Phoenix Wright fan. Roll on Friday! :-)

zlCfzRsONPo0Sc7VCS.jpg

Anyone else pick it up yet? Music is amazing mix of both games styles. Pheonix's and Maya's voices are really good, much better than PW5.

Only played until half way through the prologue trial but I already laughed a few times.

I feel like I should catch up on the Phoenix Wright series first before playing this, I've only played the first one. Does it stand up pretty well on its own, @Cube?

I feel like I should catch up on the Phoenix Wright series first before playing this, I've only played the first one. Does it stand up pretty well on its own, @Cube?

It's pretty stand-alone, and they don't really touch on anything specific, so it's just the characters that you need to know.

Although it is worth playing though the other Wright games.

What is up with Prosecutor Flynch's accent?

I'm enjoying the game so far. Can't wait to see what happens next.

Group testimonies are pretty fun, wouldn't mind seeing them in the mainline game.

zlCfzRvrI7EziUppQq.jpg

"Some Guy" is definitely one of my favourite witnesses so far.

I think Luke and Maya work well together, spin off anyone?

Johnny Smiles was adorable.

Also lobe the way Layton is introduced to Phoenix that scene was classic. I will never get over how hard I laughed.

Finished chapter 4 last night, so good.

Sorry Professor, but I prefer Pheeny's sections better.