NEurope
killer kirby

Professor Layton VS Phoenix Wright (March 28)

Yep, heads have now exploded, me being one of them.

phpJHY7PMimage20.jpeg

phpPbMRFEimage21.jpeg

Question is, how is this game going to work? :heh:

Edited by Grazza

Holy mother of god. I was quietly following the live feed of the Level 5 conference happy that they talked about Layton 3DS and this completely blindsided me, I didn't know if this was common knowledge or if I was the last to know. Genuinely shocked!!!

This could be so so good, but is in danger of being meh-to crap if they don't merge the two of them right! Is it for DS or 3DS?

hmmm So they are giving phoenix wright some speaking lines?

No idea how it's going to work but they've probably thought of something.. Could be awesome! Technically they're quite similiar games.. In pheonix wright's court cases you find yourself solving all sorts of puzzles.

I love Professor Layton and I love Phoenix Wright. However, which one is better? There's only one way to find out...

I love Professor Layton and I love Phoenix Wright. However, which one is better? There's only one way to find out...

Phoenix wright :D

Similiar gameplay but pheonix by far has the better story.

and also

FIGHT!!!

maybe they'll do it like Street Fighter X Tekken & Tekken X Street Fighter. Capcom will do a Phoenix Wright VS Professor Layton game with Phoenix Wright gameplay and Level 5 do a Professor Layton VS Phoenix Wright game with Layton gameplay

I'm doing my very best to keep my head from exploding..

I'm looking forward to this, to put it mildly.

I seriously nearly did a spit take at work today when I saw this. Best crossover ever.

Speaking of that Layton fellow he's touring London in a bus this week. Happened to run into him in Covent Garden this morning.

professor-vs-phoenix-wright-14cbd931e4a29e.jpg

professor-vs-phoenix-wright-04cbd931e2f7b1.jpg

Those pictures are ridiculously good somehow :grin: You're totally gonna get poked in the eye in 3D :heh:

I really need to play a Professor Layton game..

[..] You're totally gonna get poked in the eye in 3D [..]

That's actually an interesting comment, I wonder how they handle that 2D anime cutscenes. I'm not a fan of 3D converting. Actually, as both of these games are completely 2D, I'm not hoping to see any 3D at all for this title.

Looks to be Japan only at the moment.

Exciting crossover 3DS game Professor Layton VS Phoenix Wright is as of right now a Japan-only title, but with gamers' support it could come to the West, Capcom's said.

"The game has only been announced for Japan," wrote Capcom's jgonzo in a blog post.

"Want it available outside of Japan? Shout out in the comments! The more comments we get for this blog post, the better!

"Let's show Capcom Japan that there's definite interest in Europe and North America!"

Looks to be Japan only at the moment.

They would be stupid not too, now that Level 5 have just built their own place in the US for even more games to come out for us English speakers. Plus Layton is really loved over here :D

What is being said in the trailer:

Professor Layton: The person who threw this city into (chaos/disorder??) using her powers of magic...is YOU!

Blonde Girl: No, you are wrong. I am not a witch!

Professor Layton: If that is true...then how did you know the contents of a book that you could not have read?

Phoenix: [smirk] Objection!

Phoenix: Professor, there is a large contradiction in your argument!

Narrator: Strange incidents are happening in Labyrinth City. A professor of archaeology versus a lawyer. A shocking development will challenge both of them!

Narrator: The Witch Trails.

Luke: What is written here in this book is coming true!

Maya: There's no way this is happening!

Narrator: The (Creator?) that rules the city...the ultimate culprit, "Storyteller."

Blonde girl: I am going to be killed. It was written (in that book!)

Phoenix: I will not let things happen the way they are (written in the book!)

Professor Layton: Mr. Wright...it seems we had a large misunderstanding.

Narrator: Hershel Layton...Phoenix Wright: A shocking (collaboration/teamup).

Professor Layton: Luke, doing the right thing doesn't always mean following the law.

Phoenix: (Unknown word) It seems he cannot be satisfied easily, this Mr. Silk Hat.

Narrator: This time, the puzzles are filled with contradictions!

WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

THIS SOUNDS SOOOOOOOOO AWESOME....

Note: will post a more constructive post once he's calmed down.

They would be stupid not too, now that Level 5 have just built their own place in the US for even more games to come out for us English speakers. Plus Layton is really loved over here :D

Hopefully they're paying attention to Twitter - Layton is trending in the UK.

Well there is a new game out Friday, a DVD out now and a tour around London going on...