NEurope
killer kirby

Fantasy Life (26th Sept)

Thanks for the tips gents, that helps a lot. I guess the Defeat X as Life Y is a little annoying at times, you really do have to keep switching. I also agree with you Rummy if I'm in an area with lots of ore, I'll change to a miner just to get the extra loot.

I put in a couple of hours last night, really loving it, it's so addictive. Still just wandering around the Castelle/East Plains/Elderwood/Mt Snowpeak areas. I've had the story on hold since finishing the Doom Stone crashing into my attic chapter. Been switching between Woodcutter, Miner and Palladin and getting lots of challenges done. Still only halfway through an Adept in all three though. Finally beat that boss stone in the waterfall cave now that I unlocked the charge special move. Also ventured futher into the Lava cave but I think I'm out of my depth where I managed to get to in there so will come back later. Gives me such an original LOZ vibe with the exploration, it's great!

It's strange for me seeing a location close to the start of the game, and not being able to 100% it and move in, I guess I'm just used to how Zelda does things. It seems like in this game there are mini dungeons everywhere that can only be completed in stages unless you're really far into the game and high level.

A lot of the challenges seem to be with regard to Port Puerto now so it seems the game is pushing me to explore other areas. May change life again and become a blacksmith or angler before I do though.

The only annoyance is how long it takes to travel between the Guild office and the various locations but I guess renting a horse helps with that a little.

Mr Master gave some answers, but I'll expand.

Worth changing to miner for lots of ore? I'd disagree and actually say yes - being the miner life you get bonus ore from the rock. Same with woodcutter and trees. You only get the bonus whilst being that life on completing the cutting down - so it's good for gathering(imagine 10 rocks, you're getting an extra 10 items!). Later you get skills that can only be used whilst being that life, too.

As for completing challenges - yes as Mr Master says BUT some quests are 'Kill X as Life Y' - you HAVE to be that life for those, as it suggests. Interestingly, for the 'Kill X and cash the bounty as Life Y' you can kill it as any life, but you just have to cash it as the required life. Given you can change lives and cash bounties in the same place, it's perfect to kill it as something else if you're better like that, then change life and cash. I've done this for like 3 bounties where one's a monster, one's a fish, one's a tree/ore etc. quite a few times.

Alas, on the mining (woodcutting) being the actual Life becomes pointless pretty fast except for boss rocks, due to the fact a few simple bliss bonuses and you can essentially buy dirt cheap all the normal trees/ores you need with the shop expansions. You'd be switching to the specific Life for boss trees/rocks anyway. The small ores it's just simpler to buy.

^Which was one of my sole negatives about this game; other than a few of the "non-buyable" gathering items, a huge percentage of the gatherables can simply be bought so dirt cheap it severely cheapens the woodcutter/miner Lifes. Early on I had a sense of "everything is valuable, that one gathered item could make all the difference". But that quickly disappeared. I guess you could choose to just not expand the shops...but y'know. A lot of things need ironing out and balancing for the next game.

Ronnie, look out for brief snippets of the cut jobs. As well as leftover masters, there's plenty of other things.

Those pilots that shimmy you around the local area? Guessing they were meant to be unlocked/areas unlocked by the Pilot Life.

The wells? Well you can see in the opening that's where the adventurer/archaeologist does his thing (finding secrets? gems? etc.). There's even treasure rooms later on that clearly had more to do in, and likely counted to "boss challenge" for it. Probably had a treasure tracker ability to find chests, and those secret purple chests (you see a red ? push A).

Performer. Multiple stages throughout the game. references to competitions... I think you likely won money for these, but the amount of money you amass easily likely made it pointless. Mini game was probably like the other craftables, except each action leading to a different performance.

Scholar. I believe this one probably had something to do with some sort of book cataloguing with a bestiary likely. Blue star challenges likely had to do with registering rare/different coloured monsters.

Postman. No idea. But there's a lot of postman stuff left in.

Farmer was meant to be one, too. There's plots of land in many places across the map. Even icons for specific veg growing on them, in specific rows/grids as if it was Harvest Moon.

Umm, sorry about that. Just wanted to note some stuff I observed.

OH RIGHT!! Yeah, me and my bro are actually still playing this (took like a month's break). Did the final area of the postgame thing (no spoilers). Still got the four fighting Life uber quests to do, though. I think I just hit level 121. I max Life's everything, too. Only Bliss I'm missing is the ones for levelling up and streetpasses (hopefully they don't have to be unique and I can just spam my bro's streetpass). I'm nearing 300 quests now after I finish the current load. I have a feeling locating the last few will be a right nightmare.

OH RIGHT!! If you don't have the DLC, Ronnie, get it! It's essentially the TRUE endgame where everything you've built up comes into play.

Edited by Mr_Master_X2

Shame about being able to buy the rare items in the upgraded shop, does sound like it cheapens things a bit.

Yeah I was going to finish the main story then buy the DLC? Unless buying it before that is best.

Shame about being able to buy the rare items in the upgraded shop, does sound like it cheapens things a bit.

Yeah I was going to finish the main story then buy the DLC? Unless buying it before that is best.

You get access to extra pets and increasing friendship levels during the main game with the DLC, maybe other things. It really is the true end game, and despite how great this game is, you may be disappointed with the normal game's end without it.

Yes I heard the regular ending is very anticlimactic, shame. Glad to hear the DLC addresses this though, I'll probably pick it up after I finish the main game.

Can someone sell me on Fantasy Life? I feel like it looks interesting but the videos and stuff I watch a lot of the time have still left me wondering what I'd be doing in it and for how long etc.

I don't know how to really sell it, because I don't know why I liked it so much in some ways. It's essentially a single-player quest fest, with the MMO edge of levelling/ranking up each 'life', and bonuses offered by doing so/being so. I've been playing a bit this morning, and am clocked about 60-70 hours in game iirc - I'm starting to feel the point of 'where do I go next' now though. Thinking to take everything to Hero and see how I stand from there(and poss buy the DLC).

Don't suppose anyone is still up for some online antics?

You're back!!!!

excited-baby.gif

635580023333029156-636351561_ffKXRch.jpg

7d58aae695470e68145f6290a1106101.gif

Seen you on Code of Princess last night. I checked the eShop to see it was on sale. I snapped it up as i've been after it for a while now. Haven't started it yet though. Probably will give it a play over the weekend.

Welcome back @Hero\-of\-Time!

Sort of makes me wish I hadn't sold Fantasy Life and deleted Code of Princess!

You're back!!!!

Seen you on Code of Princess last night. I checked the eShop to see it was on sale. I snapped it up as i've been after it for a while now. Haven't started it yet though. Probably will give it a play over the weekend.

When it comes to gifs, I got nothing to respond with. :blush::hug:

I in turn noticed you were lurking round the eShop last night - thought maybe you were grabbing SMT IV. Code of Princess seems ok. I had a quick look at the online section and it said there were no current lobbies. Might just be us two playing it seeing as Grazza...

Welcome back @Hero\-of\-Time!

Sort of makes me wish I hadn't sold Fantasy Life and deleted Code of Princess!

...needs to redownload Code of Princess and rebuy Fantasy Life. :blank:

Some of the locations, to be fair, have a lot of heart and soul put into them, such as the Mediterranean-style port. However, it could be said that the simple graphics keep it from ever being too atmospheric. For example, there is a bit where you go into a lighthouse and are told how impressive the view is - as a player, however, you can't even see the view!

Just came to this bit and thought of you.

WVW69iTzH-QLE3emlq

Beaten the Napdragon! I hit level 40, so thought I'd take it on. The battle was fairly comfortable, but no pushover - just right. I'm sure there are harder though!

Oh, and I had an NPC with me too. I love how you can get one to follow you about - actually becomes a lot more fun with some back-up. The A.I. is pretty good, too, as they tend to fall back (depending on type) whilst I can get inbetween and protect them from the monsters.

Took the Napdragon down just before doing some Bliss quests (which took me to the lighthouse above). I had two NPCs with me but my main character was only in the low level 30's compared to you doing it at lvl 40. I used several healing and SP recovery items but got there in the end. Took about one in game day, so it was strangely epic to battle through as the countryside went from day time greens, to evening oranges to night time navy.

The bad thing was I'd already got the sword that the Napdragon dropped as bounty!

On the point of NPCs and bounty, how annoying is it when they inadvertently destroy your bounty with a magic spell. Roselyn or someone scuppered my bounty hauls a couple of times. :(

Farmer was meant to be one, too. There's plots of land in many places across the map. Even icons for specific veg growing on them, in specific rows/grids as if it was Harvest Moon.

Great post. :bowdown:

I thought Farmer was still in the game, what with all the farm land and everything. When I couldn't see it I just figured it was shifted to the DLC. I've been putting furthering my Life as a cook until getting the farmer Life.

Being a postman would be hilarious.