NEurope
killer kirby

Fantasy Life (26th Sept)

It's pretty exciting seeing these 3DS games that have been in the oven for a while longer than the norm. This could be an Animal Crossing beater. Looks like it could even go down a storm in the West.. ifff they deem us worthy.

I believe they removed the black outlines they once had.

It's a good job they've subtly modified the cel-shading in this way; if you want to see what those look like at 3DS resolution check out the aliasing horror that is Rhythm Thief (in all other respects a great game).

It's a good job they've subtly modified the cel-shading in this way; if you want to see what those look like at 3DS resolution check out the aliasing horror that is Rhythm Thief (in all other respects a great game).

That's a shame if it lessens the chances of Zelda on the 3DS being cel-shaded, in my opinion.

Wind Waker didn't have black outlines did it? I think it'd be a perfect fit for the 3DS. [On a non-cel-shaded note, I was even surprised by how great the Twilight Princess style looked in Puzzle Swap!]

Oh, I see, I misunderstood.

And yeah, many styles could work for Zelda on the 3DS. I hope it's at the next GDC, I really do.

I love Level-5.

They're like the Studio Ghibli of the gaming world.

Most looking forward to this game :D

Level-5 are just the best in my opinion. I adored Dragon Quest VIII, Dragon Quest IX was a big part of my life for a year and I'm getting a PlayStation 3 just for Ni No Kuni. If Level-5 make a single-player Dragon Quest for 3DS or Wii U, we're in for a treat.

As for Fantasy Life, yeah, @Fused King has made me really interested in it and I hope it gets a European release. What I like is that, apart from the Animal Crossing aspect, there seems to be a fairly strong RPG side with swords, shields etc.

As for Fantasy Life, yeah, @Fused King has made me really interested in it and I hope it gets a European release. What I like is that, apart from the Animal Crossing aspect, there seems to be a fairly strong RPG side with swords, shields etc.

Yeah, I think I'd prefer this over Animal Crossing now, because I can't help but feel that AC will be, yet again, a bit too samey.

Also, got to support new franchises!

Still, it'll probably take a long time before this is confirmed for Europe...

Still can't believe Level 5 are launching it a month after Animal Crossing.

It will be lucky not to bomb

Just saw this over at nintendoeverything.com

Level-5 turning Fantasy Life into a series

January 9th, 2013 Posted in 3DS, News, Posted by Valay | No Comments »

Fantasy Life won’t just be a standalone release. In this week’s Famitsu, Level-5 confirmed it has plans to turn the IP into a franchise.

When asked about its plans for the year ahead, Level-5 said the company intends for Fantasy Life to be the first game in a larger series.

The news shouldn’t come as a huge surprise. Fantasy Life is already experiencing sell-outs in Japan and has been quite popular.

This really does sound better the more I hear about it. With its success in Japan and news of a sequel, it does seem to have a decent chance of coming out over here. I want to try out all the jobs!

http://mynintendonews.com/2013/02/13/fantasy-life-coming-to-australia-late-2013/

The Official Nintendo Magazine for Australia and New Zealand says in the latest edition that the immensely popular Fantasy Life is coming late 2013. Level 5 has yet to officially announce a European, North American, or Australian release for the game, but the Official Nintendo Magazine appears confident that it should be coming later this year. Hopefully we won’t have to wait too long for an official announcement.

:smile:

^ Maybe this will be announced in todays Nintendo Direct!

Oh I hope so, this game looks so much fun!

I can't watch the trailers and stuff at work, but reading what people are saying in this thread intrigues me! The idea of a game where you can be a postman or a street entertainer instead of traditional rpg roles(whilst still having that option) sounds genius.

Yeah, was about to post this myself :D

Let's see it go head to head with Animal Crossing!

I've read up on Fantasy Life very little over the years. But you just know its going to be great. In Level-5 we trust. :grin:

Definitely getting this. Hoping it's going to be the 'Dragon Quest IX' for the 3DS.

I'm getting it on day 1, but I get the feeling that I'm not gonna have time to play it anyway :p (I've already got more than enough on my plate right now, as you already know...)