NEurope
killer kirby

Fantasy Life (26th Sept)

A new game has been announced at the Level 5 Vision 2010 known as Fantasy Life which is heading towards the 3DS.

All that is known is that...

.Yoshitaka Amano is doing the art and Nobuo Uematsu is doing the music

.Fantasy life is co developed by Brownie Brown

phpecNUktimage17.jpeg

phps3lW8pimage18.jpeg

Looks like a Fantasy version of Animal Crossing or something :heh:

More lovin for the 3DS :D

Edited by Grazza

The DS image Dante posted looks reminiscent of that life-sim minigame that was included in Layton 4. Any relation?

WOW that's quite some upgrade for the game over the DS version!! :D

The first screen especially looks brilliant! Really nice smooth cartoon style... that even puts Animal Crossing Wii to shame!

This what it looked like when it was for the ds:

wbdy4.jpg

Ahh, thought the name reminded me of something.

The DS image Dante posted looks reminiscent of that life-sim minigame that was included in Layton 4. Any relation?

Yeah, pretty sure Brownie developed that bit.

Nope that was Professor Layton's London Life that appears in Professor Layton and the Specter's Flute.

Nope that was Professor Layton's London Life that appears in Professor Layton and the Specter's Flute.

I know what it was, I was just wondering if there was any sort of genetic relation, considering the similarities. Looks like there is.

When the trailer started it had a distinct Little Kings Story vibe... and infact there were numerous reminders of that game throughout the trailer... the town square/in game graphical style/dragons/archers/miners/celebratory fireworks etc...

Hopefully there's a strong adventuring side to it, as well as the town development side.

Definately one to watch this! Looks like it has plenty to it!

EDIT:

fantasy-life-20101019084307435_640w.jpg

fantasy-life-20101019084306435_640w.jpg

fantasy-life-20101019084308294_640w.jpg

fantasy-life-20101019084309169_640w.jpg

Comparison :D

fantasy-life-20101019084310122_640w.jpgwbdy4.jpg

Edited by Retro_Link

Now that looks like Dragon Quest. I'm interested!

To be honest, I hadn't paid much attention to this, but it really stood out in the recent showreel of 3DS games and I am now quite keen to play it. Does anyone know why there are swords and shields in it?

A few details from Famitsu have surfaced.

Speaking of Level-5 and open world games, while it may not have an "epic" feel Fantasy Life from Brownie Brown is essentially an open world RPG. You start the game by picking a job and Level-5 included everyday occupations like postman and street entertainer. Players can also opt for a traditional RPG class like hunter or mercenary.

Be A Hunter, Soldier Or Wizard In Fantasy Life Be A Hunter, Soldier Or Wizard In Fantasy Life

Pick Kingdom Soldier and your job will be keeping peace and harmony in the village. Soldiers have to chase criminals, defeat monsters, and protect the village.

Wizards specialize in magic. They can create fireballs and heal friendly characters. It looks like Fantasy Life doesn’t differentiate between white and black mages. Each job has a different mentor and if you pick this job a black cat named Krome teaches you the ways of the wizard.

Hunters are one with nature and can attack enemies from afar using a bow. These guys can also gather fruits and vegetables on the field and bring them back to town.

Mercenaries don’t belong to any country. They travel from place to place as a hired sword looking for their next job. Mercenaries live life without ties.

Fantasy Life is slated for release this December for Nintendo 3DS.

I'd like to be a postman. Sending mail to other towns, maybe even people on your friend list?

Artwork & Screens:

l_50179d25e2716.jpg

l_50179d2a39b4a.jpg

l_50179d275512b.jpg

l_50179d27a8caa.jpg

l_50179d2a4eb37.jpg

l_50179d27f090f.jpg

l_50179d2a642f5.jpg

l_50179e07d9c4b.jpg

l_50179d2935136.jpg

l_50179d2a2726d.jpg

Ah, getting a good Little King's Story vibe from this one :D

Still wondering how the online will work.

It looks a lot less like Dragon Quest in the new screenshots. Plus, have they removed the cel-shading?

Whow, this game just keeps looking better and better!

Btw, is anybody able to point out to me how I can give thanks to other members posts?

I'm not able to find it anywhere... :/

Btw, is anybody able to point out to me how I can give thanks to other members posts?

I'm not able to find it anywhere... :/

After a certain number of posts (50?) the 'Thanks' button appears below a comment.

iiuik.png

I know what it was, I was just wondering if there was any sort of genetic relation, considering the similarities. Looks like there is.

Yes Brownie Brown developed London Life for Level 5. They've been working on Fantasy Life for around 4-5 years. I believe it was based off one of the earlier builds of fantasy life. That game has gone through alot of graphical changes.

@Grazza, I believe they removed the black outlines they once had.

After a certain number of posts (50?) the 'Thanks' button appears below a comment.

Thank you very much!!

But I'm guessing the post quota is higher, since I already posted over 50..

Brownie Brown and Level-5′s 3DS RPG Fantasy Life will launch on 12/27. Early buyers will get a mini-soundtrack featuring Uematsu’s work.

Source: wordpress

Thank you very much!!

But I'm guessing the post quota is higher, since I already posted over 50..

You need to make 100 posts before it'll be available. You can thank me later. :D

Game looks interesting.

Game looks lovely! :D

So many things in that trailer reminded me of Little Kings Story, even maybe if the gameplay between the two will be quite different. Maybe this [series] will have to be the spiritual successor to LKS! (If there ever was a LKS2 they totally need to give you a little horse to ride like in this!)

So Dec 27th is just the Japanese release date I take it.

This game could definately be a reason for me to buy a 3DS again sometime next year.