NEurope
Murr

Iron Man 3

Extremis is awesome, it is definitely quite dark, I read it about a month ago for the first time. Very good....but they need to weave a proper decent villain into it.

You only read...? My word, I remember when it was first released, it completely revitalised Iron Man - he was the lowest selling supposed A-Lister on the Marvel roster and this just kicked it into overdrive.

Kingsley, eh? Well, it would fit with the Oscar-winning-nominee cast quite nicely.

As for the Mandarin, it wold never really happen. He was a throwback to the Red Chinese days of anti-Communism, which wouldn't play well here in China. It's a massive market out here, and if the main villain was some nutty Asian dude with magic powers the stae film board would never let it through. Unless he was explicitly Japanese. In which case, they'd be all over it like a dog over peach melba yoghurt.

Although, if you're currently reading Iron Man, all his rogues have just been hired and tech-ized by Mandarin and the Hammers. And they are all fucking sick as hell and not silly any more.

Fuck. Living Laser, YES.

Ironman_rogues.jpg

I love variation within conformity (this is one of my favourite concepts in life, however it is applied).

I think I'll start reading Invincible Iron Man.

http://uk.movies.ign.com/articles/122/1223438p1.html

Guy Pearce Joining Iron Man 3

Thesp expected to play character from the Extremis comic.

Guy Pearce is in final talks to join the cast of Iron Man 3. He'll play geneticist Aldrich Killian.

Variety has the report on the sequel, which previously saw Ben Kingsley cast as the film's unnamed villain. It is expected that the movie will borrow story points from the Warren Ellis Extremis comics, which involve a virus that is spread through nanotechnology. The character of Aldrich Killian was one of the creators of the Extremis virus in the Ellis book.

Production on Iron Man 3 begins next month, with a May 3, 2013, release planned.

What with all the Avengers hype, that 2013 release date has snuck up quick!

They've got exactly 1 year to do this... things move so fast nowadays!

I've read a bit of Extremis... (on the sly pulling the comics from the shelf and putting back (well actually the store I'd be in allows this, even have a nice seating area)

Will be awesome to see it made to film, if I remember right it (correct me if not) Tony goes through a lot in it and was a fair bit dark too so will be interesting to see how they approach it in teh film and how RDJ's Tony will handle it.

:D

More 'Extremis' clues...

Jessica Chastain In Talks To Join The Cast Of IRON MAN 3

Marvel Studios has reportedly been meeting with the likes of Diane Kruger, Gemma Arterton and Isla Fisher, but Jessica Chastain is now front runner for a starring role in Iron Man 3.

Deadline reveal that Take Shelter star Jessica Chastain is the frontrunner for a role in the third instalment of Marvel Studios' Iron Man franchise. While it initially appeared that scheduling conflicts would make her unavailable (hence why they have been meeting with the actresses listed above) it now appears that she may in fact be able to play a character who the site describes as, "a sexy scientist every bit as smart as Tony Stark." Fans of "Extremis" will know that this is more than likely Maya Hansen, an old flame of Tony's who plays a pivotal role in the storyline which Shane Black's movie so far appears to be based upon.

Source - Comicbookmovie.com

http://uk.movies.ign.com/articles/122/1224530p1.html

Rebecca Hall is Iron Man's New Lady

The Town actress steps in for Jessica Chastain.

Iron Man 3 has cast its replacement for actress Jessica Chastain, who recently bowed out due to scheduling issues.

According to Variety, British actress Rebecca Hall (The Town, The Prestige) is now in talks to sub for Chastain in the role of "a scientist who plays a pivotal role in the creation of a nanotechnology, known as Extremis, that winds up being sold to terrorists." The character, who sounds an awful lot like Maya Hansen, is also an old friend of Tony Stark's (Robert Downey Jr.).

rebecca_hall_468_1336526723.jpg

I wasn't convinced by Jessica Chastain. *not that I had anything to base anything off*

Who was Rebecca Hall in The Prestige?

Christian Bale's wife. The one who hangs herself.

Ah of course. I couldn't even think of any female roles outside of Scarlet, but yeah there's that other pretty all important one!

A mate of mine keeps telling me Coulson will be back in Iron Man 3.... a "friend" of his told him.... though so far he can't provide me with a link... how many films was he signed up for anyway?

A mate of mine keeps telling me Coulson will be back in Iron Man 3.... a "friend" of his told him.... though so far he can't provide me with a link... how many films was he signed up for anyway?

He's contracted for 9 films.

Loads I think... 9 or something, though it doesn't necessarily mean anything seeing as Mark Ruffalo is signed up for 6 I think (and there aren't even any plans for HULK movies atm).

But yeah I can see Coulson makes sense to appear in a lot of them anyway, even if just for a few minutes to give some sort of briefing/files/report etc... and keep that constant bigger picture/SHIELD link.

Presumably somewhat of an Avengers spoiler.

Thanks.

Not really, there's just no other explainable reason why you'd contract such a boring non-event of a character for 9 movies.

Not really, there's just no other explainable reason why you'd contract such a boring non-event of a character for 9 movies.

Yes no reasonable explanation to people who are well read on the franchise. Dude... seriously.

Yes no reasonable explanation to people who are well read on the franchise. Dude... seriously.

I'm not sure what you're saying?

It's the same thing as people conjecturing that Maria Hill is going to be turned into Jocasta, except the Coulson thing didn't make me burst out laughing.

Erm...isn't what Mokong said worse?

Still, I don't quite understand why someone who hasn't seen The Avengers would be reading news on what is essentially a "sequel" to the film. Some spoilers should be expected.

Still, speaking of how many films people are signed on for, Cobie Smulders is signed on for seven more.

These aren't "they will be in x amount of films" but more "if they want to, Marvel can use them for that amount of films" before needing to do a new contract. Marvel don't have to use up all they've signed up for.

Edited by Cube

Erm...isn't what Mokong said worse?

Still, I don't quite understand why someone who hasn't seen The Avengers would be reading news on what is essentially a "sequel" to the film. Some spoilers should be expected.

No. I'd expect Coulson to be in IM3, he's been in every IM films thus far, aswell as Thor and the Marvel shorts. He's a staple.

And that's bollocks. We have spoiler tags for a reason. Avengers is new in cinema's. It's not like this is 6 months later.

They've also said Iron Man 3 will very much be a stand alone film, without cameo's from other character, as that was one thing they felt was wrong with IM2, it was too much of a setup film. It's very much not a sequel to The Avengers.

I want to explain why there could/will be spoilers, but explaining what kind of spoilers there could/will be would be a spoiler in itself.

Basically, I would recommend avoiding news on the next batch of films for now.

I want to explain why there could/will be spoilers, but explaining what kind of spoilers there could/will be would be a spoiler in itself.
OK well I should be seeing Avengers this weekend (avec Chair's spoilers), so we can discuss it then. :p

News from when... I've seen everything up until now and it's all been fine.

But ok... anyway... this weekend.

Chair's "spoilers" is nothing but speculation.

Its the fact saying what he did pretty much implies that Coulson dies in Avengers. Something Retro obviously realised after reading. This isnt the first time either, he mentioned Thanos in the Avengers thread.