NEurope
nightwolf

good stuff thread.

I've been working on my website ever since I got home from work and I'm fairly confident I've finally found a decent place to host it. All I wanted was a decent hosting place that has some good, simple templates for image galleries. Wouldn't have thought that was too much to ask, but most places are shit. Finally found ClikPic.

Can't show the actual site yet, since I'm on a 14 day trial and I won't be upgrading to proper membership until payday, but here's a brief preview:

Front-1.jpg

Gallery.jpg

There will be colour stuff, obviously, but I wanted B+W stuff for the menus/thumbnails. Need to work on the text too. Focused mainly on getting most of the photos up today.

Very sleek design. I like it. :)

Thanks. It's just one of the templates built into the site, but it's exactly what I want (After a bit of tweaking). I just want something simple that won't distract from the photos.

Taking a drunken friend home, we came across a man dressed as a dalmatian being ridden like a donkey in the middle of the street. I ran up and took a photo. Expect it tomorrow.

Taking a drunken friend home, we came across a man dressed as a dalmatian being ridden like a donkey in the middle of the street. I ran up and took a photo. Expect it tomorrow.

Was it Haggis?

72723482777271702716066.jpg

The sad thing is, a proper studio setup (including actually buying the shed) would probably cost less than buying a copy of Photoshop.

Waaah?

Photoshop is only £166.

£650 is an absolute joke. I can't think of any justification for that price.

George Maciver has finally finished his second book, titled The Way of Life and The Way of Death in the 21st Century (catchy title) - and best of all, you can download it online!

George is actually a pretty mediocre writer, but I'm a huge fan of him as a person, as I have a fascination with nutjobs. I've had some run-ins with him in the past in another community, where he eventually revealed himself to be a huge homophobe. After that it was homosexuality this and homosexuality that, to the point where he eventually went off and started his own forum where "homosexual pedophiles" weren't allowed to join. Clearly he has some... issues.

But yeah, awesome. This book shows that there are other things that worry George, though - fluoride in toothpaste and the Illuminati, among other things. But mostly, this book is just an excuse to hark on about homosexuality.

Also, fifty percent of it is made up of Bible quotes, so that's always fun.

George's thoughts on...

... The thesis of his book:

... The United Nations:

... Jewish people:

... Muslims:

... Global warming:

... Women and feminism:

... The Vietnam War:

... Gun Control:

... Astronomy:

... And, of course, homosexuality:

If you want another example of George's writing, he wrote this short story about me and a girl he apparently holds a grudge against a few years ago. :indeed:

Well, that's absolutely hilarious.

That story was strange with all the emoticons. Was just weird and any point he was trying to make was thrown away. Is he just trying to slag you or are you gay?

Today's the first day in about 4 weeks when I've been completely free to do what I want and not be constrained by the ever present prospect of having to finish up a piece of coursework for Uni.

As such, I have spent all day so far listening to music (mainly the new Panic! At The Disco album :D) and watching Veronica Mars Season 2, which I'm watching for the very first time (finished season 1 a week or so ago). Yes, I may be late to that party but better late than never right as it's damn good.

Haha, i just got a wrong number text. Thanking "Mandilana" for the coffee, not sure he took her number down correctly, but will call her later in the week.

Maybe i'll be nice and tell him it's the wrong number.

Edit: I replied "Thank you honeybunny. I wanted your body the whole time. x"

He's not replied. Lol.

Maybe it was coffee with a relative?

Ahahahahaha.

Edited by Pancake

Haha, i just got a wrong number text. Thanking "Mandilana" for the coffee, not sure he took her number down correctly, but will call her later in the week.

He's not replied. Lol.

Ahahahahaha.

Especially more sinister if it was an undertaker arranging the cremation of one of his relatives. :p

He's not replied. Lol.

Ahahahahaha.

That's just delightfully evil of you! :D

Actually i'm being all saintly and cupidy and helping these guys get it on, no? :heh:

£650 is an absolute joke. I can't think of any justification for that price.

Since about 90% of people probably pirate it, you've got to make money for a new version somewhere :/

Since about 90% of people probably pirate it, you've got to make money for a new version somewhere :/

"What came first, the chicken overpricing or the egg pirating?"

Pirating most likely!

@Pancake, maybe "Madilana" gave the number wrong for a reason! Maybe she didn't enjoy the meet up as much as your mysterious texter!

Heh, yeah. I say these two are doomed! She's given the wrong number, and he's not responded to her flirtations!

Date fail. :heh:

Heh, yeah. I say these two are doomed! She's given the wrong number, and he's not responded to her flirtations!

Date fail. :heh:

Maybe he's off celebrating the response? Carefully considering the reply?

So many possibilities. Meddle more!

Hope so! They can be my two puppets...

Ahahahahahhaha... come here little puppets, i have much in store for you! :laughing:

PC games are just as easily pirated, but they don't charge £650 (thousands if you want Adobe's creative suite).

Hell, even Windows, which is a complete operating system FFS, doesn't charge that much. If the worlds most money grabbing company can charge £200 for a complete operating system, I'm fairly sure Adobe can charge a bit less for an fancy image editor.

And whilst we're on the topic of new versions of Photoshop: what do they really add to the new versions? Anything useful? I've tried CS2, 3 and 5 and there are maybe 2 (and that's pushing it) new tools added in that time that I consider useful.

To be fair, Photoshop is an absolutely amazing program and Adobe are fully aware that a lot of people pirate it.