NEurope
nightwolf

good stuff thread.

The time I've been trying to book off work apparently got approved. This is a huge boost to my workload over the next few weeks as it consists of literally NO NIGHT WORK FOR THREE WEEKS.

Also Rez's post, linked above, was pretty fucking incredible.

I've spent last few hours sorting out my iPhoto Library. I've meant to do it for ages and finally got round to it. Sorted out all the GPS tags and albums. If you ever use iPhoto you'll know about the places tab, which allows you to see where all your photos are on a world map. Mine were all over the shop and not where they should be. Now the photos I took in New York are actually under New York on the map. It's amazing how precise you can be.

Over the course of this i've also been able to listen to a lot of new albums i've bought recently. Off the top of my head I can remember the new Kings of Leon album, the new Jimmy Eat World and Avenged Sevenfold. Looking through the photos has given me quite a few trips down memory lane, it's also got me buzzing about booking more holidays to add to the photos on my Places map!

Quite a productive day for me.

Had a cupasoup while listening to the scott pilgrim soundtrack unwrapping a game that arrived in teh post when a cat strolled into my room, climbed on the bed, liked my face and licked my soup.

Fantastic moment.

(We don't have a cat, btw)

This happened to me on Sunday. I was catching the National Express coach to get to Londoniminium. I was casually dozing off whilst the rain was hitting the windows next to me.

I felt myself falling asleep and then- the driver slammed on his breaks. I gradually felt my body rise up from the seat and move in a forwards motion, with the rain still hitting the window. Then, I opened my eyes and saw half the coach doing the same. It all looked in slow motion to me, the way everyone was moving forward in their seats.

The first thing I thought of was Inception. I was thinking of the WURRRRRR WURRR music in my head, where the van was falling off the bridge with people rising from their seats.

I was absolutely killing myself laughing. I wanted to tell someone, but I don't think they would have got it.

People are using clams as an appropriate end to a text message, this pleases me greatly!

Also when I got a text during my lecture today I got way too excited. :grin:

I NEVER GET TEXTS!

Film Theory. :D I love this class, and it's only once every two weeks. So up my alley. Instead we get DESIGN HISTORY every week, which we actually have to do essays for and stuff. So backwards. Film Theory actually gets my brain going. Like people discussing gender roles in life and how fucked up we all are. In response to a film. The teacher is clearly an Indiana Jones villain too.

This happened to me on Sunday. I was catching the National Express coach to get to Londoniminium. I was casually dozing off whilst the rain was hitting the windows next to me.

I felt myself falling asleep and then- the driver slammed on his breaks. I gradually felt my body rise up from the seat and move in a forwards motion, with the rain still hitting the window. Then, I opened my eyes and saw half the coach doing the same. It all looked in slow motion to me, the way everyone was moving forward in their seats.

The first thing I thought of was Inception. I was thinking of the WURRRRRR WURRR music in my head, where the van was falling off the bridge with people rising from their seats.

I was absolutely killing myself laughing. I wanted to tell someone, but I don't think they would have got it.

The fact that the image created in my mind of the situation screamed "Inception!" to me even before your mention of it is testament both to the awesomeness of the situation and your 1337 skillz as a storyteller.

Burst out laughing at the following joke on Twitter

100 Books You Should Read The Day Before You Die

Just got back from the Gaga concert :D

I know you're all dying to know how it went :p

It was EPIC. Saw her earlier in the year, despite this being the same tour it was so much better. Amazing. If you get the chance GO SEE HER! Definitely going to see her whenever she comes back.

I might upload a video or picture later...

I'm knackered now though. Driving up to Dublin and back in the space of a few hours sure takes a lot out of you...*yawn* I'm off to bed :)

Turns out there already on Youtube! Not my videos but just as good :)

EDIT: Just uploaded some of my pictures. So happy with how some of them turned out :D

I swear I'll stop now though :p

DSCF9933.JPG

DSCF9960.JPG

DSCF9967.JPG

Edited by Frank
Automerged Doublepost

Finished work for two glorious days off. No idea how they're being spent, but they will not be wasted.

R_A - Muchos jealous!

Today I ordered Fable 3 and had a really good laugh with some friends, it's nice to get out and not have to worry about working for 5 minutes.

Getting to sit down and listen to Jonathon Blow (Braid), Chris Hecker (Spy Party, Spore) Keita Takahashi (Katamari Damacy) and Baiyon (PixelJunk Eden) on why we should be making games.

My project proposal going down really well today.

But then to be fair, it was a definite case of "Realistically, I KNOW my idea and concept is better than a lot of the others, and that it's clear I put a lot more time and thought into it. And that it's clearly personal and (more) interesting."

Not to blow my own trumpet, but sometimes.

had a 'classic' gaming afternoon/evening/night with my mate. Every month or so, ever since college 7 years ago, we take it in turns to buy the both of us massive pizzas. We then proceed to play computer games and get drunk and talk shit about life.

I also found a penny that's dated 1975! My girlfriend has one 1972 though, but I'm confident I can get my title back.

(apology for two things)

Just got back from seeing this week's episode of TV Burp being filmed - great fun!

Just got back from seeing this week's episode of TV Burp being filmed - great fun!

Thats awesome!

I also found a penny that's dated 1975! My girlfriend has one 1972 though, but I'm confident I can get my title back.

(apology for two things)

I once went out with a guy and met his grandad, he gave me a set of coins that were relased in 1990 - my birth year, I still have them. :bowdown:

Today - Fable 3!

Winning at squash and pool against Jim, while also enjoying some delicious apple pie and mocha milkshake. Mmmm.

And now Dexter season 2 with cake and/or ice cream! =D