NEurope
nightwolf

good stuff thread.

/Blanket Post

Well it's a long story that all started with a letter. Over a year ago I received a letter from my university congratulating me on my marks and wanting me to continue to do well. I then handed in my next essay feeling very confident and pleased with myself. Unfortunately I got a 42. Ouch. I basically decided then and there that things weren't working the way they were. So I decided to change. This unfortunately was one of the things that I didn't have time for (sorry guys!). Since then I have achieved a lot:

Achieved a 2:1 for my second year, despite the 42 mark.

Was forced by one of my housemates to leave my house, effectively I did not have a house during second year exams.

On track for a high 2:1 for my degree.

Visited the Houses of Parliament.

Campaigned in the general election.

Starting to learn Italian to travel to italy.

Got a well paid job while at uni.

Am moving up to Carlisle come sept to start a pgce course in citizenship.

Am moving up there with my girlfriend who is doing the same course but in English.

Hence, I hope you understand my lack of commenting :)

Hello everyone! (again)

Boom! After a long weekend teaching 10 hours of kids' classes, next Sunday I'm going to Ankara for at least 2 nights. And I have a date there. Win. :awesome:

She reckons she can out drink me as I'm the lowest drinker of all my friends. She's forgetting that I'm English, and as anyone who's been interailing knows, the English are Tier 2, - shared with Australians and Canadians - below only Scots, who are Tier 0, and, as such, I can drink any Turk under the table. She's probably not expecting Jaeger shots or that much beer (bier, here), and as she's agreed to a game of keep-up and I get paid between now and then. Needless to say I'm at least having what most of the world would call a lot the moment after such a day, as I've had four on an empty stomach and feel like I did when teaching said kids' classes. Mmmm...Efes (pronounced "F-S")...Mmm...hot Turkish girl.... :D

I also want to know if this whole message is obviously tipsy... :heh:

Wait, you're Tier 2 below only the scots who are Tier 0....does that mean there isn't a Tier 1?

I wonder where the US ranks, certainly low, the most popular drinks are terrible domestic beers, most of which are "lite" beers. Our dumb college students are almost always puking their guts out as well.

Chuck looks great in that picture.

Personally I think he looks like he is about to molest a child.

wheeeeyyyyy

wheeeeyyyyy

Chuck is the guy on the far right.

/Blanket Post

Well it's a long story that all started with a letter. Over a year ago I received a letter from my university congratulating me on my marks and wanting me to continue to do well. I then handed in my next essay feeling very confident and pleased with myself. Unfortunately I got a 42. Ouch. I basically decided then and there that things weren't working the way they were. So I decided to change. This unfortunately was one of the things that I didn't have time for (sorry guys!). Since then I have achieved a lot:

Achieved a 2:1 for my second year, despite the 42 mark.

Was forced by one of my housemates to leave my house, effectively I did not have a house during second year exams.

On track for a high 2:1 for my degree.

Visited the Houses of Parliament.

Campaigned in the general election.

Starting to learn Italian to travel to italy.

Got a well paid job while at uni.

Am moving up to Carlisle come sept to start a pgce course in citizenship.

Am moving up there with my girlfriend who is doing the same course but in English.

Hence, I hope you understand my lack of commenting :)

Hello everyone! (again)

Holy mother of god, Dom is actually alive... :o

wheeeeyyyyy

Thank you for providing me with my morning lol.

Fish... you're underestimating eastern europe's amility to drink! But then she's still a girl. Good luck.

And hey dere, domjcg! Sounds like you have a life and stuff. Congrats!

Boom! After a long weekend teaching 10 hours of kids' classes, next Sunday I'm going to Ankara for at least 2 nights. And I have a date there. Win. :awesome:

She reckons she can out drink me as I'm the lowest drinker of all my friends. She's forgetting that I'm English, and as anyone who's been interailing knows, the English are Tier 2, - shared with Australians and Canadians - below only Scots, who are Tier 0, and, as such, I can drink any Turk under the table. She's probably not expecting Jaeger shots or that much beer (bier, here), and as she's agreed to a game of keep-up and I get paid between now and then. Needless to say I'm at least having what most of the world would call a lot the moment after such a day, as I've had four on an empty stomach and feel like I did when teaching said kids' classes. Mmmm...Efes (pronounced "F-S")...Mmm...hot Turkish girl.... :D

I also want to know if this whole message is obviously tipsy... :heh:

You missed out Tier 1. :heh: Occupied by Germans and Russians?

Hey, welcome back DomJcg. And even the tough decisions can be worthwhile, as you've shown with the results so far.

I managed to get my 80s costume sorted for little more than a tenner. I just need to head down to the seafront now to get the sunglasses out of my car. I'll post some pictures tomorrow.

It was a pig to get it to stick. I just hope someone doesn't repork me to the health and safety manager.

Thats no lean task, the oink could have gone a bit streaky if the sign was wet.