NEurope
nightwolf

good stuff thread.

Last year, my mate's wife died of breast cancer leaving two young boys aged 4 and 3. Fucking tragic. Anyway, they are totally mad about trains and my manager managed to sort a ride in the cab for them which we did yesterday. Only went from Manchester to Bolton due to short attention spans and the like but they loved it. Absolutely bowled over that my company and manager would agree to do this gesture for them and it felt really good to sort it for my mate, as obviously he's had a really rough last couple of years.

They got a cab pass, certificate, green flag and whistle and a few other bits and bobs. Really great day.

They got a cab pass, certificate, green flag and whistle

Wow, it's really easy to become a qualified train driver these days.

Well it's not like you have to bust out sick drifts or anything. You have like 2 options: forward or stop. I'm convinced that the trains are actually automated and the "driver" is just a boiler suit full of socks.

Well it's not like you have to bust out sick drifts or anything. You have like 2 options: forward or stop. I'm convinced that the trains are actually automated and the "driver" is just a boiler suit full of socks.

Haha. Easiest job I've ever done (there is a lot to it though :D)

Last year, my mate's wife died of breast cancer leaving two young boys aged 4 and 3. Fucking tragic. Anyway, they are totally mad about trains and my manager managed to sort a ride in the cab for them which we did yesterday. Only went from Manchester to Bolton due to short attention spans and the like but they loved it. Absolutely bowled over that my company and manager would agree to do this gesture for them and it felt really good to sort it for my mate, as obviously he's had a really rough last couple of years.

They got a cab pass, certificate, green flag and whistle and a few other bits and bobs. Really great day.

Would be a bit of a trek for them, but if they're into classic trains there's the severn valley railway (maybe others too?): http://www.svr.co.uk/ I think they're pretty big on doing activities for kids so maybe they'd do something similar?

Going to Berlin tomorrow for the weekend!

I don't like beer and my wife is vegetarian, but we'll see how we get on.

Going to Berlin tomorrow for the weekend!

I don't like beer and my wife is vegetarian, but we'll see how we get on.

Hire a truck and get a DJ app for your phone and some XTC pills. You can have your very own personal Love Parade.

Bit of a backstory: my grandad was mad on betting on horses. Always loved it and he adored the Grand National. I used to have three bets: one was something he picked and I copied, the other was something I picked because I liked the name and then we always went halves on a bet. Mine always lost but his always placed.

Anyway, last year, I didn't have him but I picked three horses. One for him, one I liked the name of and I'd try to imagine what he would advise we share. Last year, the one I chose for him won and the one I imagined we'd share a bet on placed second and, typically, my one is nowhere to be seen. Took me by surprise, no way can it happen again...

It did. Picked three horses. I won the one he would have picked for himself and imagined the one he'd pick for us to share and it came second and the one I chose wasn't in the running.

Ended up winning £100.

I can't explain the feeling but it was like feeling something familiar when I chose the bets. Sounds stupid but it was a happy feeling.

Edited by Animal

Bit of a backstory: my grandad was mad on betting on horses. Always loved it and he adored the Grand National. I used to have three bets: one was something he picked and I copied, the other was something I picked because I liked the name and then we always went halves on a bet. Mine always lost but his always placed.

Anyway, last year, I didn't have him but I picked three horses. One for him, one I liked the name of and I'd try to imagine what he would advise we share. Last year, the one I chose for him won and the one I imagined we'd share a bet on placed second and, typically, my one is nowhere to be seen. Took me by surprise, no way can it happen again...

It did. Picked three horses. I won the one he would have picked for himself and imagined the one he'd pick for us to share and it came second and the one I chose wasn't in the running.

Ended up winning £100.

I can't explain the feeling but it was like feeling something familiar when I chose the bets. Sounds stupid but it was a happy feeling.

Not silly in the slightest, your grandad is still there with you in spirit :heart:

Not silly in the slightest, your grandad is still there with you in spirit :heart:

That would be awesome to think of. It's just weird because me, my Dad and my Mom picked One for Arthur because it was his name so it was a no-brainer. However, I looked at Cause of Causes and I picked it. Hell, I was even told to put it on as a win and my words were: "It won't win but it'll place so I'm going each way".

Weird. It's a happy feeling though. It just felt like he was there :)

Just got back from three days in St Petersberg.

Amazing city, unlike any other I've been to. So much history and stuff to see. It's bizarre, you'll be walking down the street and see some sort of amazing palace type building that would be a main attraction in any other European city, and it's a post office, or a supermarket or some shit. At one point we saw this huge palace that we had to look in the book to name, and it was literally not worth crossing the road to look at because we had palace fatigue.

That would be awesome to think of. It's just weird because me, my Dad and my Mom picked One for Arthur because it was his name so it was a no-brainer. However, I looked at Cause of Causes and I picked it. Hell, I was even told to put it on as a win and my words were: "It won't win but it'll place so I'm going each way".

Weird. It's a happy feeling though. It just felt like he was there :)

while it may not feel like hes directly with you, i have a great belief that departed loved ones guide us in ways we don't directly feel or see, like what happened to you.

I have piles of games from the GameCube, Wii, 360 and Wii U era. I've kept them for years assuming I'd play them at some point but they've gone untouched all this time so I've decided to start getting rid of them (apart from the likes of Monkey Ball and Melee ofc)

It's felt quite theraputic slowly trimming down my collection and getting things looking neat again but not only that, I'm making more than I was expecting. I've barely scratched the surface and made about £130. I'll be keeping most of it as I'm between jobs right now but it's nice having a bit of 'free cash' to spend on the PS Store on new experiences.

One thing I did notice though is that Kinect crashed /so/ bad. All my Kinect games are not worth bothering ebay with at all :p

There's a real good feeling that comes from getting rid of stuff. It's hard and you constantly think that you'll revisit that collection one day or when you're old and rich you can have a games room and just hang out in there with your grandkids or something but... I'd rather be clutter free. I've been on a bit of a charity-shop/tip clearout myself lately and it's quite refreshing. Plus far enough in the future everything will probably be disk free/streamed and backwards compatible so we can rebuild our collection.

There's a real good feeling that comes from getting rid of stuff. It's hard and you constantly think that you'll revisit that collection one day or when you're old and rich you can have a games room and just hang out in there with your grandkids or something but... I'd rather be clutter free. I've been on a bit of a charity-shop/tip clearout myself lately and it's quite refreshing. Plus far enough in the future everything will probably be disk free/streamed and backwards compatible so we can rebuild our collection.

YES YES YES.

I'm so ridiculously anti clutter. I emptied all my DS game boxes and put all the carts in my ds case (i'm sure a lot of you are screaming internally) but I just can't bear lots of STUFF.

I never used to be like this and hoarded everything but since I bought my own home its like nah i don't want all this crap lol

I'm so ridiculously anti clutter. I emptied all my DS game boxes and put all the carts in my ds case (i'm sure a lot of you are screaming internally)

I've been thinking about just buying a big CD wallet for all my Xbox 360 games. I'd probably only end up getting rid of the lot anyway, so why not keep it, but taking up 1% of the space?

Ahhhhhhhh :love:

My OCD is very happy right now!!! I have all my CDs and DVDs in big wallets too.

I transferred all my blu Rays to a wallet a few weeks ago. It's nice to get rid of the clutter but I really do like being able to see them all on shelves. I haven't been able to bring myself to do the same with my games yet.

I did have all my DVDs in a folder thing before I got rid of a load of them. It made seeing what movie I was feeling into a ballache as it was like looking through a book looking for a word as opposed to just moving yo eyes across some shelves.

Either way - WENT TO CRYSTAL MAZE YESTERDAY!

FUCKING AWESOME.

You guys should really go.

I did have all my DVDs in a folder thing before I got rid of a load of them. It made seeing what movie I was feeling into a ballache as it was like looking through a book looking for a word as opposed to just moving yo eyes across some shelves.

Either way - WENT TO CRYSTAL MAZE YESTERDAY!

FUCKING AWESOME.

You guys should really go.

Which one did you go to? Didn't realise there was one in Manchester now. Gonna try and convince my mates!

Throw it all away. Burn your possessions. Love nothing.

But seriously, moving as often as I have I learnt to get rid of crap years ago. its why I don't want amiibo

Which one did you go to? Didn't realise there was one in Manchester now. Gonna try and convince my mates!

I went to the one in London, which appears to not be the same as the one they filmed the SUTC special with Merchant was. It was still awesome and we're already talking about going to the Manchester one. Plus it's also cheaper. London was about £55 each whereas Manchester is about £30 each. They got the atmospherenailed though. Our Maze Master was pr0 lenient with the last few seconds of the games, which was awesome. The lock-ins work a lil different there because you're technically competing against 3 other teams. For pride.

I would recommend that if any of you wanna go, you pay for the 8 peeps team and go with less (with guys making the difference) as you'll get to play more games, which we did with 6 people - as we had some people drop out but we'd paid for a group of 8 (if you pay for e.g. 5, they'll advertise the remaining 3 spaces to others)

I won 2 out of the 3 games I played. Our team came originally 3rd but because 2nd place was disqualified due to cheating (you're not allowed to grab tokens from the sides/floor of the crystal dome, they literally left fingerprints on the side) so we came 2nd! ALL DA PRIDES.

Bought a t-shirt and a crystal. Would've bought a hlodie but they had nothing but small size. Was very tempted to buy one of the bomber jackets but apart from being £50 it was tight at the bottom (on an XL) which I'm not sure is the design.

Edited by EEVILMURRAY

Had a good few social days. On Thursday I saw a friend who now lives in Australia (but was over visiting, obviously) and it was nice to catch up. Yesterday I met two friends for lunch, another afterwards and some more for dinner and Wonder Woman. Although having a whiskey cocktail at lunch, two beers in the afternoon and half a bottle of wine at dinner has made me tired. Not hungover as such, just sluggish, although that may also be the fact i couldn't get to sleep until gone 3am.

Getting the keys to my new epic bachelor pad today. BYOB/bottemless parteh!

Also: surgery today. That shit they give you to "go under/out"? Best truqs ever.