NEurope
nightwolf

good stuff thread.

Yeah we do the bring you own birthday thing. Its a subtle way of sayin its your birthday, and then there's no argument over who has to buy the cake. :)

Do the same at my work. Some people bring in stuff like grapes, pineapple, melon. I don't even wish them a happy birthday.

I thought it was the normal way things were done. Even in primary school, when it was your birthday you'd bring something to school to hand out. I always took in self-made cupcakes (well dad made them) and an apple.

At work they do the same. They usually seem to take in cake or chocolates. None of that fruit stuff as everyone sees enough of it there (they sell it haha).

Now I want cake...

Do the same at my work. Some people bring in stuff like grapes, pineapple, melon. I don't even wish them a happy birthday.

and rightfully so!

Regarding the discussion on bringing a cake to work when it's your birthday: what happens if people know it's your birthday and you don't bring something? Is that allowed or do you get shunned and/or fired?

Haha, no respect for the birthday boy/girl unless they bribe you. I like that.

Regarding the discussion on bringing a cake to work when it's your birthday: what happens if people know it's your birthday and you don't bring something? Is that allowed or do you get shunned and/or fired?

This was the email I sent out to the rest of the company when it was my birthday.

Treats for my birthday are down in stats.

Everyone is welcome ... except Jonathan de Courcy who has yet to bring in treats for his birthday, which was 4 months ago.

That's how it should go down. Public name and shame.

I just got a call telling me I start working at BP on monday. Hurray work.

Unfortunately it's "suppose" to be a 2 week job, could be shorter or longer....I just hope it goes past the 28th because I don't want to go to the coal burner.

I recieved my xmas present off my g/f today, She lives in Oz and we are planning a holiday to USA. She only went and paid for my flights to orlando and back!!!!!

My supervisor decided she wanted to work upstairs today, and me downstairs. I was happy. Meant i could put the telly on what channel *i* wanted.

It's like being married.

Had a pretty shit day yesterday. I was on the go from 7.00 - 6.30, studying in the library by myself as 2 friends decided not to take the day off (I hope it doesn't sound like I'm mad at them...I'm not :p).

I also thought this girl was going to be there but I never found her (It's a huge library/college).

Anyway, now for the positivity, later that day I saw a drunk man singing in the train station and then it snowed :D Usually it snows in Limerick but never where I live so I was stunned to see a mass of completely untouched white snow everywhere. I was the first to walk in it so it was amazing! :D I arrived back at my house with my hair looking like I died it white.

Had a date with a lovely guy, then managed to get myself a laptop, and am about to settle down to watch take me out. Good day. :)

Got a phone call from the people who paid me £15 to drink 4 pints of cider.

They want to pay me £25 for drinking 2 cans of lager.

DealOrNoDeal460.jpg

We all know the answer to that.

A girl with a chest like that (or lack thereof) shouldn't wear stuff like that.

Paj gave me the Battlestar Galactica boxed set for Christmas today.

Bloody hell. The kid took his time.

My friend pretty much gave me his PSP. They are awesome.

Funnily enough, this happened to me too. It took me about 20 hours to realise Star Ocean First Departure is probably the worst game I've ever played though. Considering Star Ocean III is probably my favourite game of all time.

My friend pretty much gave me his PSP. They are awesome.

"Pretty much"? Oh, I think we get it. ;)

The PSP is indeed awesome. I got one for Christmas and have really been enjoying it so far.

Funnily enough, this happened to me too. It took me about 20 hours to realise Star Ocean First Departure is probably the worst game I've ever played though. Considering Star Ocean III is probably my favourite game of all time.

I was a tester on that Star Ocean game. I had to play it for two fucking months. Don't get me started.

"Pretty much"? Oh, I think we get it. ;)

The PSP is indeed awesome. I got one for Christmas and have really been enjoying it so far.

Pretty much as in he said he'd lend it to me and I said he shouldn't because he's probably never going to get it back. He then said he didn't play it anyway so it was no problem. I warned him. :heh:

It's amazing. God of War just looks insane. And I have so many games to play on it already due to owning a PS3 and having Plus. I've got like 5 PSOne games and 10 odd Minis.

Also, Remote Play! I knew about it but actually using it? It's awesome!!

Cannot wait for the PSP2. It's going to be insane.