NEurope
nightwolf

good stuff thread.

Following on from http://www.n-europe.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1726608&postcount=7976

It wasn't skin cancer, thankfully...just an abnormal wart which makes me wonder how the hell did I get that? I barely leave the house and people don't touch me.

Got liquid nitrogened so it should hopefully be gone in two weeks

See, I told you not to get yourself worked up over Internet theories. I'm happy for you, dude. Now get some Wartner on that bitch, get out there, catch some Pokemon, pull some birds and have a Merry bloody Christmas! :yay:

My car is all fixed! It only cost a grand..

I'm still waiting for my solicitors to get the money from the '3rd party' as it was their fault, but for now, my car is safe and cleaner than ever. Phew.

Finished work! :D

I don't go back now until Saturday, being that I work in retail I'm - understandably - really happy about this. :yay:

My car is all fixed! It only cost a grand..

I'm still waiting for my solicitors to get the money from the '3rd party' as it was their fault, but for now, my car is safe and cleaner than ever. Phew.

If it makes you feel any better, we just spent £600 of our own money to fix a car we bought less than a year ago. Although we bought it pretty cheap, so it still turned out to be a bargain overall.

My good news for the day: our department decided that we couldn't be arsed to work today and seeing as the main bosses were on holiday, decided to play Quake Live instead. Our department manager is alarmingly good.

If it makes you feel any better, we just spent £600 of our own money to fix a car we bought less than a year ago. Although we bought it pretty cheap, so it still turned out to be a bargain overall.

I'm not sure how that is supposed to make me feel better.

I nearly lost my car (my insurance tried to write it off) and got hit head on...

:shakehead

But that sucks, makes me wonder if the previous owner knew about it..

I'm not sure how that is supposed to make me feel better.

Are you saying you don't hate Goafer and derive pleasure from his financial misfortune?

Weirdo.

We continued our derping around on Quake Live today. The manager even forked out for a private server so we could destroy each other without being interrupted by people far superior to us.

1526792_10155021358950341_5949361950697697861_n.jpg?oh=d6d342dba261a70a8fcbc3e7b98b5e9f&oe=5535A72E

Despite the fact that I literally did no work today (the department manager hates the fact that we were in at all), I did do something vaguely productive. We're looking into augmented reality stuff, so I had a play around with Metaio. It's quite good at tracking, even when zoomed in. It can be a bit fussy with the 3D models it accepts, but it's still quite impressive.

2014-12-24171809.jpg

2014-12-24171654.jpg

It might took me few days and alot of trials & errors with the stupid scrolling banner code but I finally customized a tumblr theme for myself. The link to the said tumblr blog is on my signature below. :yay:

All right, 3rd attempt at getting my driving license tomorrow. Writing this in here because I refuse to not be positive. Only just failed last time. I know I can do this. I'm going to do this. THis is going to happen.

Are you saying you don't hate Goafer and derive pleasure from his financial misfortune?

Weirdo.

Hermione_eye_roll.gif

Because reasons.

:heart:

Oh thank god I passed at last. That's lesson & test money I don't have to spend any more.

Got a pay rise after my 3 month probation period. Apparently I'm doing far more than was ever expected of me or even imagined!

Should help a bit when I look to buy a home in the summer!

Oh thank god I passed at last. That's lesson & test money I don't have to spend any more.

Excellent

Now you just need a car

Car insurance

Car tax

Yearly servicing and MOT

Petrol

The savings are about to start!

Excellent

Now you just need a car

Car insurance

Car tax

Yearly servicing and MOT

Petrol

Air in tyres.

In car air-freshener.

De-icer, anti freeze, scraper.

Etc.

I don't know if I'm joking or not?

Air in tyres.

In car air-freshener.

De-icer, anti freeze, scraper.

Etc.

I don't know if I'm joking or not?

Electric power bumpers

Badger insurance

Door washer oil

Roof conditioning top ups

Exhaust tax

I, on the other hand, am being completely serious.

This is why I don't drive.

That and I'd be bad at it, but mostly the money.

Oh and I don't like cars.

But congrats gaggle!

I've no intention of purchasing or running my own vehicle until The Final Crisis of Capitalism happens, at which point money will be worthless and we'll all be competing in various death sports for gasoline and water anyway.

Visited family this weekend. They all know about my problems (as posted in the other thread) and have been quite supportive. Spent one day at my Mum's and another at my sister's. Her friend popped round, too (the one I asked out). Oddly, I wasn't nervous about it and it never felt awkward, and it felt good to talk to her as a friend. Also, my nephew and nieces are awesome, so it's always good to see them.

Another year's MOT for the Scirocco, with the only advisories being 2 tires and a brake pad. I swear this thing refuses to die.

527997_10151488464585341_2071665192_n.jpg?oh=0388aa966aa7397d1aa3d5d6abd75675&oe=5529BEE0

I swear this thing refuses to die.

Unlike the last one.

Too soon?

EDIT: I actually feel really guilty about this joke. I'm very sorry.