NEurope
nightwolf

good stuff thread.

Drove my first passenger trains this week (under instruction) Was tremendous fun. Killed a rabbit and a pigeon though...

Least the turtle will definitely win the race now! *poor joke alert*

What trains will you be driving? Sorry if I've missed you saying before.

They're pretty much buses on wheels from the early 80s.

142041_Northern_Rail_Castleton_East_Jcn.jpg

142009_Interior.JPG

We do have some (slightly) better ones, but this is what I was on today. Great company to work for, but really bad trains! But that's what happens when the south get all the decent new stuff, we just get the hand-me-downs.

Oh no! Not Northern Rail :(

The same! Blame the government though for years of underinvestment. :heh:

That's why I stopped getting the bus. No wheels.

Buses on wheels?

Haha. I see where I fucked up there. Meant to say rails! :blush:

My assistant manager has told me to come in today because he got me a birthday/leaving present. He's only gone and bloody got me this...

81hnSqPH31L._SL1500_.jpg

:D:D:D

I met up with my former assistant manager today and we both just had a chat. It was actually pretty funny. He gave me my blu-ray (which is awesome, by the way) and I found out something that has put a massive smile on my face.

"Did everybody get their little letters I sent them?" I asked (I had written each member of staff a letter. I don't get on with the manager but I wrote one for her too. I just wrote "Goodbye and good luck" and that was it. With everyone else, I wrote a proper message thanking them for the good times and telling them to stay positive and shit).

He started to laugh.

"What?" I asked.

"She opened her letter and saw your message. Thought it was strange. She went to a lot of people, asking what they got in their ones, asking if they got essays. She saw that they all got proper nice messages but her. She came to me and looked a little mad and actually said to me "So I take it he knows he hates me?" and I just said "Well, you couldn't have made it any more obvious" and told her that she was more cold with you than anyone else. Later on, I got told she got angry, ripped up your letter and was a bitch all day"

I laughed. "No way, you're telling me that I actually got to her and I wasn't there to see it?!"

"She just couldn't understand or comprehend why you didn't like her" he said.

"...even though she just admitted that she never liked me? Is she for real?"

He said "I know, it's crazy. It was funny though"

Life is amazing! I'm very happy about this! I just love the fact I actually got to her! :). She's been nothing but a bitch to me and maybe, hopefully, with that note, she might realise that being a bitch doesn't actually work and that she's more transparent about her feelings than she thought. It was obvious she didn't like me but she thought she was hiding it well. He also told me something else that's hilarious too.

I actually won the prize for getting the most shoecare...and she has to be the one to give the prize to me on Monday, haha. I'm not bothered about the prize because it's probably going to be shite but it would be funny to just rock up and say to her to give me the prize, haha. What's the betting that she will? MWAHAHA!

^ Congrats! :D I guess this means you're 'UnclE ReZ' now then? ;)

Happy for you man. : peace:

------------------

I has Birthday today, 29 on the 29th of June, I know it's not quite 'the big one' yet but still. :)

Just going to have a day of doing nothing but playing games and generally relaxing... hmm speaking of I got a couple of cheap titles in the Steam sale so I might just start by playing a little bit of Teraria followed by a session on Goat Simulator. :heh:

large.jpg

Goat Simulator?

Check it out maaaaaaaaaan!

: peace:

I seem to recall a lot of member here bought it ages ago so I'm somewhat late to the party but being that it's in the sale, I thought what batter excuse? :D

My niece was just born! Scarlett Paula Thomson. :D

Food Review UK - Baby Food Special?

If you want to be a discerning uncle, then it's the only option.

So much good news.

I was completly surprised when I picked up the nintendo mag and see that my email was featured.

I swear to god I just heard my neighbour yell "Callum! where the hell is the cocaine, for the love of god I need that cocaine"

Neither good nor bad, just...strange.

I swear to god I just heard my neighbour yell "Callum! where the hell is the cocaine, for the love of god I need that cocaine"

Neither good nor bad, just...strange.

In fairness there's not a lot else to do round your bit.

They're pretty much buses on wheels from the early 80s.

142041_Northern_Rail_Castleton_East_Jcn.jpg

142009_Interior.JPG

We do have some (slightly) better ones, but this is what I was on today. Great company to work for, but really bad trains! But that's what happens when the south get all the decent new stuff, we just get the hand-me-downs.

That looks like the Chester train from Manchester. :p

I used to use a train like that every day. There was usually 2mm of empty space in each carriage by the second stop.

I am really tempted to get goat simulator now :p

And I may finally have a new job lined up for October! I have a friend who works in a care-home, it's a really nice converted farm (still have their own chickens and alpacas) with a big focus of just letting the residents have fun and to do what they want as oppose to some of the others I went to (no set eating or waking up times, just like a care-home hotel I guess? :p) and has a really nice atmosphere, they've got their new little poodle walking around the place and take the people out to see all the animals on nice days too.

Anyway, about 2 months ago she said there's no jobs going but had told the boss lady about me and she suggested I come and have a look around! So I went for a look around and got on really well with her and she took me upstairs and started asking me questions. About 20 minutes in I guess I realised it was a sort of interview? haha. Anyway, she said "there's no concrete jobs on offer right now, but we'd really like to have you on board and there WILL be jobs in the near future as one member of staff is going to retire soon and another will be reducing her hours, so I'll get back in touch soon when something comes up".

Anyway, this was 2 months ago as I said and I kinda assumed that was perhaps just her nice way of letting me down but to my surprise I got a call last week! It was from her, she said there will definitely be a job in October as one of the ladies are having a year maternity leave and then returning on reduced hours, if I still wanted the job of course. I said that'd be great and she said she'd be back in touch by the end of September then!

The only thing is it's a bit far out and in a little village, no train or bus access, so I'd have to drive there, which I can't do yet :p For the interview I went by taxi and it was £7.70 each way.

Buuuuuut saying that, I did have a LOT of driving lessons and nearly even went for my practical test before I realised (a day before no less) that I couldn't find my driving counterpart. So I had to cancel. Not to mention I was kinda really freaking out about it anyway. ANYWAY, today I've finally decided to get back into my driving (as a result of this job) and sent off for my replacement counterpart which will apparently take about a week! Then I'll be taking some driving lessons again and hopefully pop onto my test in a few months!

SO hopefully things are looking up after what has admittedly been a glum 2014! FIRST STEP 2 FOREVER

10456149.jpg

10456149.jpg

Everything about that picture makes me so angry... first of all, that person is alive when someone really awesome like Rik Mayall is dead. Secondly, that person has a book published when I don't and that person clearly writes in crayon, thirdly, I'd like to beat that person half to death and I'm not allowed to.

The wife is going away for a week, so I don't have to eat rice for several days. That's great news for me!:yay:

My 5 a side team won our last match of the season (and the other results went our way) so we finished 2nd and are getting promoted.

It was such a close finish. We went into the match in 4th place, only 1 point behind first place.

So happy to get promoted. Although there are some seriously good teams in the top division, so we're going to have a few hammerings.