NEurope
nightwolf

good stuff thread.

Saw Russell Howard in Tesco again. We're practically best mates now.

Already posted in the jobs thread...

Got a new job :-). Moving from practising in legal aid to commercial/business law. Very happy!!

Already posted in the jobs thread...

Got a new job :-). Moving from practising in legal aid to commercial/business law. Very happy!!

Yay! Congrats. Hope it all goes well!

Everyone has just been so nice this week! I'm not even ashamed to say I'm crying a bit typing this!

I've had nothing but inspirational messages this week. I've won Member of the Year here (yay!) and I've just found out tonight that I'm an overall MVP of a fitness challenge that's been going since January and ended about a week or so ago. It was The Walking Dead challenge and it was NOT easy. However, they made me the overall MVP because "He was a awesome support system thoughout our challenge, always available to encourage and inspire! Thanks Dazz, you totally rock!"

I'm not exactly used to things like this so it's an amazing feeling! :D

Also, a nice guy at my local Cash Generator has kept Ocarina of Time 3D behind the till for me to get on Saturday because I didn't have the money right now! I'm itching for Saturday to happen!!! :D:D:D:D

SERIOUSLY, I LOVE YOU ALL RIGHT NOW!

My Dad was a lot better yesterday. He was much more talkative and slightly back to his grumpier old self. Hopefully that's the worst of it over with.

Ordered some furniture (sofa bed, desk and chair). Estimated delivery May 2nd.

I'll move to my university's town next month :yay:

This morning I finished writing my dissertation, it's a bit shit but it's finished!

Just the final major project to finish now, can't wait for it all to be over!

It's all ready, everything is done and paid for. There is nothing left to do for the wedding other than show up and do it now.

It's such a bizarre feeling, but the list is all ticked off.

The final things that were needed were completed on the weekend, Shoes and shirts for the best men. I've finished my speech today.

9 days to go. It's quite surreal that it's next weekend. 3 years in the making.:blank:

It's all ready, everything is done and paid for. There is nothing left to do for the wedding other than show up and do it now.

It's such a bizarre feeling, but the list is all ticked off.

The final things that were needed were completed on the weekend, Shoes and shirts for the best men. I've finished my speech today.

9 days to go. It's quite surreal that it's next weekend. 3 years in the making.:blank:

9 days to go, and you haven't even sent the invites out yet?

Well I assume you haven't sent them, maybe mine just got lost in the post.

9 days to go, and you haven't even sent the invites out yet?

Well I assume you haven't sent them, maybe mine just got lost in the post.

When you've seen enough episodes of Don't Tell The Bride, 9 days is ages.

Hope the wedding goes well!

I have a few days off work now. Won't be back till Monday. Today was very hectic. I didn't even get to have my break, but the nurse in charge said I could go ten minutes early.

Food Review UK is doing "very well" in my eyes. I reached 100 subs two weeks ago today, and already at 144, so the rate of subscriptions has increased dramatically in the last week or so. If I get to 500 I'll be chuffed.

I knew that I'd be overpaying when I set up my electricity with them, but turns out I have a credit of about £250 on my account with EDF after 6 months of payments (pretty much used less than half of the electricity that I've been charged for). So that'll be a nice reimbursement when I get it all sorted next week :yay: Also means my monthly payment is being decreased because of the overpay as well so double :yay::yay:

The weather is also absolutely gorgeous up here today so taking a half day to enjoy it as it's Easter weekend so might as well. Got a weekend with the GF to look forward to as well so fingers crossed this weather stays until Sunday.

My parents are clearing out the attic and I've been looking at all my old toys. It's a bit sad that most of them are being thrown out or given away, but I've kept a select few.

Lego:

Lego.jpg

A Sega Pocket Power toy from the 80's:

sega2-480x330.jpg

Won a small arguement with Arriva Trains today. Basically, 2 days last week (on the same time train on 2 consecutive days) i was charged £9.90 for my journey from Caldicot (where i live) to Llanishen (where i work) via Cardiff Central. I travelled on the 8:30am train. Was charged the same yesterday, but today the conductor attempted to charge me £11.40 for the same journey. I perked up, stated i was charged £9.90 for 3 previous journeys on the same time train.

He asked for ticket proof, i showed him yesterdays ticket. He said it was a cheap day fare and the price was still £11.40. So i said if it was a cheap day fare, explain this. I showed him the other 2 tickets i had for cheap, he muttered something under his breath (probably towards me) and was reluctant to serve the cheaper fare, he had no choice as i proved him wrong. Got the cheap fare and promptly contacted Arriva via twitter and the contact centre and put my issues in.

Managed to save £1.50, it's not a lot but it's a victory for the expensive train fares.

Won a small arguement with Arriva Trains today. Basically, 2 days last week (on the same time train on 2 consecutive days) i was charged £9.90 for my journey from Caldicot (where i live) to Llanishen (where i work) via Cardiff Central. I travelled on the 8:30am train. Was charged the same yesterday, but today the conductor attempted to charge me £11.40 for the same journey. I perked up, stated i was charged £9.90 for 3 previous journeys on the same time train.

He asked for ticket proof, i showed him yesterdays ticket. He said it was a cheap day fare and the price was still £11.40. So i said if it was a cheap day fare, explain this. I showed him the other 2 tickets i had for cheap, he muttered something under his breath (probably towards me) and was reluctant to serve the cheaper fare, he had no choice as i proved him wrong. Got the cheap fare and promptly contacted Arriva via twitter and the contact centre and put my issues in.

Managed to save £1.50, it's not a lot but it's a victory for the expensive train fares.

Things like this need to be argued just to prove a point. Last week I spent a good few minutes arguing with the cashier in Tesco that an item was indeed in the meal deal.

It only saved me 40p but it was worth it because it blatantly says the item is in the meal deal, it scans through on the self-service tills as meal deal and I had receipts from the past few days where I got it in the meal deal.

Turned up this week to get it and it's no longer in the deal. :P

Things like this need to be argued just to prove a point. Last week I spent a good few minutes arguing with the cashier in Tesco that an item was indeed in the meal deal.

It only saved me 40p but it was worth it because it blatantly says the item is in the meal deal, it scans through on the self-service tills as meal deal and I had receipts from the past few days where I got it in the meal deal.

Turned up this week to get it and it's no longer in the deal. :P

Some places certainly don't want people to benefit from things. Regarding Arriva, it's no wonder they are classed as one of the worst train companies in the UK if they can do this with rail fares.

I should really go on a 1 man campaign to make things fair for all really.

And in another bit of good news, i used the £1.50 saving to get 2 bottles of Coke Zero from a store on the way in and found 20p in the self service coin bin.

Your body is a temple only to Bacchus.

Why didn't you tell me the Roman's had a god of wine!?

Where and how can I worship him?

Things are slowly looking up. My brothers in particular have been great/helpful but...my Mum...fuaarrk. She must wear Superman or Wonder Woman pyjamas or something because she's been unreal the last two days. She's had a few moments, but otherwise she's been an absolute rock. She's seen the positives of his life and she understands that it was his time to go given that he was in pain.

I was worried that she wouldn't be able to see life after my Dad, but I'm feeling much better about this now. She's going to make it.

Why didn't you tell me the Roman's had a god of wine!?

Where and how can I worship him?

Next time I'm round we'll have ourselves a Bacchanalia and see where the night takes us.

Next time I'm round we'll have ourselves a Bacchanalia and see where the night takes us.

I'm all for that as long as wimmins (and yer ma) are involved.

Things are slowly looking up. My brothers in particular have been great/helpful but...my Mum...fuaarrk. She must wear Superman or Wonder Woman pyjamas or something because she's been unreal the last two days. She's had a few moments, but otherwise she's been an absolute rock. She's seen the positives of his life and she understands that it was his time to go given that he was in pain.

I was worried that she wouldn't be able to see life after my Dad, but I'm feeling much better about this now. She's going to make it.

Great to hear that you and family are all doing well, bud. Stay strong!

The photo part of my driving licence has a horrendous photo on it and it expired recently, so I stopped off at Tesco on the way home to have a new photo taken. Karma must have felt sorry for me having to put up with a terrible photo for the previous 10 years, because the photo I came away with was what can only be described as "fucking fabulous".

pRXkkuj.gif

Plus I've eaten 2 Cornettos since I've been home, so today is a good day. Think I'll go for the trilogy later.