NEurope
nightwolf

good stuff thread.

Amazing. Heard about something like this on Idle Thumbs in San Francisco, was hoping a version of it would come to London :D

There are now TWO pug themed pubs to choose from within walking distance of me. Excellent.

Is one of them The Fat Pug in Leamington? Been in it a few times, really nice pub.

@The Bard No it's open to anyone, 15 of us from neighbouring laboratories all went. Here's the site!

http://hinthunt.co.uk

It really was like being in the crystal maze. So much fun.

A few of my work mates did this around Christmas time, they all said it really fun. Potential activity for the N-E meet?

Is one of them The Fat Pug in Leamington? Been in it a few times, really nice pub.

Indeed it is. It's really popular too, we use to go in quite a bit, but now you struggle to even find a seat.

They're launching a spin off called the Royal Pug on Regent St. Hopefully it's just as nice.

That HintHunt sounds like so much fun! It's my type of thing! I want to do it, I wished they'd do something like this in Birmingham.

=====

Today, I went into my opticians to have my eye test. The woman testing me told me I didn't need glasses even though she was testing my better eye. I'm super-sighted in one but super-weak in the other. She said that the left eye will compensate but the trouble I have is that with glasses, I see small text better with both on. Like, I can see small text if it's far away but when it's closer to me, it's a bit blurry. Anyway, after telling her this, she retested my eye with another test and then she saw I needed glasses for small print...which I knew anyway...

So yeah, I'm getting new glasses!

They look a bit like this:

warby-parker-x-man-of-steel-eyewear-collection-1.jpg

Pictures of me wearing them when I collect them next week!

That Hint Hunt thing sounds amazing but the website is frustrating as hell! Defo want to give it a go though.

I got thanked in person for my work.

Now, ok, it doesn't sound like much. But in the past two jobs I've done a great deal and been not thanked or thanked with a very standard email.

Apparently its really common for being thanked to happen here at my new place, but it really threw me off. It wasn't much work and it cheered me up. :D d'aww.

I'm going to get up and go for a morning stroll along the beach!

I'm going to get up and go for a morning stroll along the beach!

That's good man, but I feel there are some better things in this thread that yours doesn't quite match up to.

That's good man, but I feel there are some better things in this thread that yours doesn't quite match up to.

This is brilliant! Haha

I'd not have posted normally but having learnt the error of our ways in the other thread I now see that it's fitting being in here as it's good to me and that's what matters. Haha

Well it was my fiancee's hen doo over the weekend, so I had a 3 day weekend of gaming. 3 friends over, house to our selves other than Millie, much nostalgia from the N64. Just overall class weekend.

s338l1.jpg

Once the living room was set up =

348sj6p.jpg

mc6hx4.jpg

as @ReZourceman pointed out on facebook, Wii U had no current games next to it, just to confirm Nintendoland and Game&Wario were present just at the bottom of the pile behind the controller :p

Awesome weekend though, did a write up on it...http://geeksleeprinserepeat.wordpress.com/2014/03/24/geekly-review-21/

my stag doo next weekend!! Wooo!:)

Last week's retro event was amazing. Can't wait for the next one. Hopefully I can go to it, if I'm not working on a late shift. @Murr that sounds like my sort of hen doo. If I ever had one it would be a huge gaming mash with cosplaying, gaming themed drinks, plushie show offs and the works.

This is brilliant! Haha

I'd not have posted normally but having learnt the error of our ways in the other thread I now see that it's fitting being in here as it's good to me and that's what matters. Haha

Yeah sorry, I posted in here before I'd seen the shitstorm in the other thread. I was only jesting!

A few of my work mates did this around Christmas time, they all said it really fun. Potential activity for the N-E meet?

Definitely. There is another room called the Zen room that has a different puzzle in it that I could do if I went again. That room is supposedly Japanese themed and harder... (<40% successful escape rate). But there are 3 rooms all with the same puzzle inside that we went into all at the same time (John Monroe Room).

Only thing I'll say, you have to book at least a few weeks in advance, and with a full team it costs £20 each.

So it's not been advertised yet, but the promotion is pretty much mine. Decided to use the few days I have booked off in mid-April to go to Rome. Went for dinner tonight and they were projecting anime and playing Daft Punk.

All of these are good things.

Congrats :D

Was it Interstella 5555?

wallpaper___interstella_5555_by_gigagalactic-d5juk9z.jpg

Edited by Shorty

1 Month today and I'll be getting married.

Time has gone so incredibly quickly :blank:

Got to survive the stag do this weekend first!

Unfortunately it wasn't Shorty. I have no idea what the film actually was. They usually play Ghibli, but I didn't recognise this.

Was sifting through my university email inbox earlier today and found stuff going back to the last few weeks of my undergraduate degree which I thought I'd deleted over the following summer after graduating.

All the terror and fear of finishing dissertations, starting revision, final exams as well as the laughs from my spectacular collapse at the union on dissertation hand-in day after hitting my head twice, which 2 years later I still don't remember anything about. Ah, the memories (or the lack of :laughing:). So nice to not have things like exams and revision to worry about nowadays :grin:

It's a small thing but it's brought a smile to my face on a day which hasn't really gone anywhere due to my supervisor constantly putting the brakes on when I need to get going on my second experiment as part of my research project.

Had an exam two days ago for which I haven't studied one minute.

I passed.

@Dr\. bob Is that ok for you? Don't want to ruin your day again, so I decided to leave out my grade (which isn't great anyway, but considering I went in without really studying I did well :D )

Had my last exam of this semester today, now one week off :yay:

didn't study for that as well and I couldn't answer more than 3 questions, i.e. I will fail but I'll be able to resit said exam next year

1 Month today and I'll be getting married.

Time has gone so incredibly quickly :blank:

Got to survive the stag do this weekend first!

Where you off to for it? :)

Where you off to for it? :)

I don't know.

I literally just received a text from the best man saying be ready for 10:30am