NEurope
nightwolf

good stuff thread.

Yeah as Charlie said, they really just act as "middle people"/translators between IT providers and customers.

For example, the ones that deal with our records software will go into universities and get feedback on what they want and explain how the software can do it, what it can provide etc (ie the sakes pitch) and then report back to those that will be implementing it and explain how the university requirements can be modelled.

Some of them even do both BA and development stuff.

Good luck with it!

I kept putting weight on because I love food but unlike usual, I couldn't be arsed to eat less and go on some diet to rectify the situation :p So I decided to do a few sit ups and push ups.

I started about a month ago doing 10 of each per day because, y'know, everyone has gotta start somewhere and I'm weedy :p I've worked my way up to 30 sit ups and 30 push ups when I wake up and then the same again before I go to bed. It's surprising what a difference I've noticed in just a month. I don't look too different but I'm definitely more toned already and wheras when I used to sit my belly would squidge up, now it doesn't! It's a revelation. I don't know why I didn't start doing this 10 years ago :p

Oh wait yeah I do, it's cause I'm lazy.

I've made some nice progress on my new photography website. I wanted the images to be the main focus, with as little distraction as possible.

Preview Version

It's still a work in progress and only the Weddings and Motorsports sections actually have content.

Things still to do:

Moar content

Sort out cropping of images

Sort out quality of some images

Contact page

Maybe a text box for image description

In the final site, will I have to wait for each image to appear or will I be able to select one to view from a bunch of thumbnails/etc?

In the final site, will I have to wait for each image to appear or will I be able to select one to view from a bunch of thumbnails/etc?

I'm not sure yet. The piece of code that I based it on did have that option, but I've stripped it all out to make it a bit more minimal. There's no reason I couldn't add it back in though, I'd just have to put it in a place that's not intrusive.

The site isn't really supposed to be a gallery or about individual images, more of a "holy fuck, he's radical". It doesn't really matter to me if the user can't stop on a certain image. I may add it in though, I haven't made my mind up yet. There will only be about 10 images in each category.

I never really knew what the term would be, but I definitely feel analysis is my strong suit. I just googled a bunch of business analysis jobs and holy shit this is what I'm basically doing in my spare time at work. I've done the workflow mapping stuff and everything. Fuck. Charlie you might've just given me more of an impetus to be proactive in my career (which has been more of a careen so far).

That sounds great and that you have perfect experience for it.

Goafer is the photographer at my wedding.

Bullshit, you're the wedding at my photography gig.

tumblr_m0c97hn9uX1qj11dh.jpg

I've been watching a Let's Play of this, I've never watched South Park and still think it's brilliant.

I got my parking permit! This means I can park around the corner from work and then cycle/walk 10 minutes.

I've also started the ball rolling to do my second cbt ^_^ whee.

south-park-stick-of-truth-us-esrb-x360jpg-e96e93.jpg

That is all. Nothing more needs to be said!

Why isn't this out for the One/PS4?

My Dreamcast started randomly resetting a while back, so I figured it was fucked. Apparently though, it's a common thing and there's a very easy fix for it. As an added bonus, it involves taking it to bits and I fucking love taking things to bits.

Yay taking things to bits and a fixed Dreamcast.

Awesome Sunday is awesome.

I've got all week off work :D

That might not sound like a big deal, but given I rarely finish on time and longer commuting times than I'm used to, I'm looking forward to a bit of R & R.

I've only actually taken 4 vacation days since the start of last May so I think I'm long overdue this.

My Dreamcast started randomly resetting a while back, so I figured it was fucked. Apparently though, it's a common thing and there's a very easy fix for it. As an added bonus, it involves taking it to bits and I fucking love taking things to bits.

Yay taking things to bits and a fixed Dreamcast.

Awesome Sunday is awesome.

I know just what you mean, my PS3 decided to not turn on last night - not such a good thing - but today me and my Dad opened it up and took out the power supply which is most probably the issue, got a new one ordered which should be with me by Tuesday so will get to put it in the machine then and hopefully all will be well. :)

Nothing more satisfying than taking something apart and managing to fix it yourself without having to send it in for repair or when that's not an option/too expensive. : peace:

I've got all week off work :D

That might not sound like a big deal, but given I rarely finish on time and longer commuting times than I'm used to, I'm looking forward to a bit of R & R.

I've only actually taken 4 vacation days since the start of last May so I think I'm long overdue this.

I'm just finishing a week off work that was absolutely incredible. Got so much done, loads of gym, tidied the flat, chilled out and did a few things around town.

Why isn't this out for the One/PS4?

Because you got Dead Rising 3 :awesome:

Had an exam last Wednesday (Mathematics for Biotechnologists) and I thought I failed.

I didn't.

Actually got quite a good grade (2.7)

a5dj02O_460sa.gif

Lately I've been feeling more self-conscious than usual about my physical appearance, especially my concave chest. The only thing that can actually be done about a concave chest itself is surgery (which I'm in no mind to go for since it's purely cosmetic in my case and I'm not that self-conscious about it), but a friend mentioned that going to the gym and building muscle can help make it less obvious (as well as improve overall appearance and health, obviously), so ... yeah - he managed to talk me into going to the gym with him. We're starting tomorrow. This about sums up my thoughts right now:

dog-scientist-meme-generator-lol-wtf-am-i-doing-963ccc.jpg

But I'm opting to be positive, hence the posting of it in this thread.

Had an exam last Wednesday (Mathematics for Biotechnologists) and I thought I failed.

I didn't.

Actually got quite a good grade (2.7)

a5dj02O_460sa.gif

What on earth is a 2.7? Out of 5? 3? Log(10)?

What on earth is a 2.7? Out of 5? 3? Log(10)?

Not sure if serious :p Is the grade system in UK universities different?

Here in Germany it's:

4.0 = passed

everything above = failed

everything below = better (1.0 being the best, of course).

Not sure if serious :p Is the grade system in UK universities different?

Here in Germany it's:

4.0 = passed

everything above = failed

everything below = better (1.0 being the best, of course).

The fuck? We get a (weighted) percentage.

First class (1st) = 70%+

Upper second class (2.1) - 60-69%

Lower second class (2.2) = 50-59%

Third class (3rd) = 40-49%

Fail = <40%

Although everything above 40% is a pass, most organisations will only recognise a 2.1. or 1st.

The fuck? We get a (weighted) percentage.

First class (1st) = 70%+

Upper second class (2.1) - 60-69%

Lower second class (2.2) = 50-59%

Third class (3rd) = 40-49%

Fail = <40%

Although everything above 40% is a pass, most organisations will only recognise a 2.1. or 1st.

For my degree in first year we just needed 40%, second and third an average of 60% to get into 4th year, then whatever your average was in 4th year decided your degree.

For my degree in first year we just needed 40%, second and third an average of 60% to get into 4th year, then whatever your average was in 4th year decided your degree.

In (most) England & Welsh degrees you need at least 40% in 1st year, which doesn't count to your degree. Then your average across your second and third year modules gives you the degree. Though each university has different weighting for this (such as 40%/60% for 2nd/3rd year; ignore best and worst marks etc.).

I'm still not quite sure what 2.7 means. How is that calculated?

I'm still not quite sure what 2.7 means. How is that calculated?

In this particular case (Maths):

79 points total. 26 needed to pass (i.e. 4.0). 57.5 points or more = 1.0;

57,5 = 1,0

54 = 1,3

50,5 = 1,7

47 = 2,0

43,5 = 2,3

40 = 2,7

36,5 = 3,0

33 = 3,3

29,5 = 3,7

26 = 4,00

Meaning: 1/3 of the points needed to pass, 2/3 or more for 1.0 and in-between lies the rest of the grading scale.

Other exams are rated differently (e.g. Biotechnology, 30 points total, the highest achieved score of all = 1.0, half of those points = 4.0, grading scale in-between).

Edit: Or, you know...@Shorty's post :p

Edited by drahkon