NEurope
nightwolf

good stuff thread.

Had a fire alarm in work, was a nice treat.

Yeah, not a lot going on today.

I went bowling for the first time in about ten years on Sunday and got three strikes! I also managed to accidentally throw a ball in the other lane, have it bounce back in MY lane and knock down a couple of pins. Oh and I'm still on the leaderboard on DDR. AWESOME!

I played this game that was for free on the Xbox called Magic: The Gathering 2013 for the first time two days ago. I totally HATE these type of card games because I'm usually pretty sure they make up the rules half of the time and it gets on my tits (to be fair, my hate is usually directed to Yu-Gi-Oh! though) but I really enjoy this game.

I got so confused at first but I've been playing for a couple of days and I've got quite good at it. Before, I was beaten so many times but I still continued. Anyway, I'm pleased to say that I only went and beaten somebody who's been playing the game for years TWICE-IN-A-ROW and then two more times after he won a couple of games.

I can beat people and yet I can't do this stupid vampire guy who plays a land card and then brings out a card that makes me put a card in the graveyard...BAAAAHHHSTARD!

I also managed to accidentally throw a ball in the other lane, have it bounce back in MY lane and knock down a couple of pins.

How is this even possible :blank:

Currently having a team meeting in the pub :-)

Enjoying a stella. Has to be done.

How is this even possible :blank:

I have a couple of theories.

A] The adjacent lanes had ramps and/or the ball was made of rubber.

B] He's bullshitting.

I have a couple of theories.

A] The adjacent lanes had ramps and/or the ball was made of rubber.

B] He's bullshitting.

It was the first part of A. Before I tell this, I feel that I need to say this bit first. So my boss ALWAYS goes bowling with his girlfriend and his family and he bowls in this way that everybody says is a proper stance. So everybody tries to copy the way he does bar a couple of people so I thought I'd give it a go. Anyway, I did it but I ended up not letting go of the ball because my fingers were stuck and ended up swinging the ball when it was a bit higher than it should and slipped out of my fingers. Obviously at this point, I saw it going into the other lane but there was the other lanes gutter that had these rubber bar things on it and it swung from there and went back into my lane and knocked over a couple of the far left pins. Everybody including myself pissed themselves laughing and of course, I had the choruses of "Only you could even do that!" and "Only you!" and then most of them but me and my boss stopped laughing at the comment the bowler next to us made: "You're like a modern day Frank Spencer". Nobody but us two knew who he was.

4 more hours in work, then off for a week with the lady.

Few things planned, trip to London, trip to Alton Towers, trip to the zoo... should be a fun.

ITS FRIDAY.

Tomorrow someone else is paying for me to hang out in London, see a tattoo artist, go to sealife and eat at hard rock cafe.

Oh I'm so happy. <3

Got paid 70 euro to do a quick usability study in Google Headquarters in Dublin. Loved it. Got a sneak peek on what they're working on, exciting.

I've booked my tattoo for the end of September.

Plus my friend's Dad managed to bring back four cans of Peace Iced tea from America. I've not had this stuff in over a year and my god its wonderful <3.

It's getting close to official; my ex-ex, also ex-ex-ex and ex-ex-ex-ex giflriend and I are getting closer again. Inside i'm prettyl GLEEEE about it. Had a good weekend playing cards against humanity and BLANK and going to a farm that does cider and mead and has animals and stuff.

I defended and passed my Master Thesis in Mathematics today so I've officially graduated from University of Copenhagen!

Then I started my new job as an IT Developer last Monday.

Edited by MindFreak

Got £500 today in tax free ISA interest from the last 12 months. Pretty darn sweet.

I got another job! It's in Card Factory! Still overjoyed! :D

I'm not going to, like, totally get over-excited until I sign something but I actually managed to get another job that has better hours but it's temporary for a year. However, I told the manager if she ever needed anybody temporary every year, I'd totally be there and she was all "That's so awesome to know" and stuff! :D

It happened in the funniest way. I was getting my Grandad a birthday card when I saw there was a vacancy poster in the window. I asked about it and she said "We just need you to fill in the application form and hand it in to me before Tuesday in two weeks' time". I said I'd fill it in and give it to her after I did my shift and she said "Don't worry, you'll be through anyway, I just need you to fill in the form". I smiled and said thanks. So I was happy that I got the interview anyway...or so I thought.

After my shift, I did as I promised. I filled in the form and I went back to the shop and handed her my form. We got to talking a little bit about my experience in the job I have now and I said it's great and that I love it but I'd love more hours. We talked about my customer compliments and my sales records and she asked a few questions like "Where would you like to work? Customer service? Out back? Stock taking?" and I said I didn't mind any, which I didn't. So then she said "Okay, basically what'll happen is I'll give you an interview and then you'll have an induction and then you can start" and I was like "...wait, sorry, are you saying I have the job?" and she's like "Yeah, of course you do! As I said before, you're through anyway" and I said "OH! I thought you meant through to get an interview" and she said "Nah, I meant as in you'll have a job. I'm hiring more people but it's handy to have you here".

I'm well chuffed. And the most funniest thing about it? IT'S NEXT DOOR TO WHERE I WORK! Well, kind of...there's a Carphone Warehouse in-between but you get the idea! I'm just so happy! I actually have two jobs! :D

Congrats Animal!

Speaking of jobs, someone that used to work where I currently work, but has since moved to where I used to (HE in London is so incestuous), emailed me a job advert saying it's pretty much mine if I want it.

Nice to be wanted, but it's another IT job and is fixed for two years. I said if I can do it part time or job share perhaps, but would be giving up a good thing (albeit my current job is shit, but is just two days a week).

Actually, ended up doing 3 hours of overtime today. Which isn't necessarily "good stuff" (especially as it means I was there 12 1/2 hours), but it's nice to fix things when they go wrong (and to be praised for it bwahaha).

Plus someone said "I want to use you all next week". Nice to hear that now and then. Ha and just checked my emails (realised I forgot to set my out of office) and got one saying "I want you on my team". Work is the closest I can get to sex.

Edited by Ashley

Our landlord randomly dispatched a gardener to obliterate the Jumanji situation we had going on out back. It was that way when we rented the place and we've been fighting with them to sort it out for almost two years.

Got myself an interview tomorrow, could be a possible way out (hopefully). only applied for the job a few hours ago, had a call back inviting me to attend tomorrow.

Had some dude call me in the middle of the afternoon offering the possibility of a full time staff supervisor job at a food processing line. Meeting tomorrow at the recruitment agency. Dare I dream a way out of retail has just dropped in my lap? Dare I even begin to wonder at the possibilities?

More importantly, earned my 2nd karate belt last week.

Also, got a smartphone subscription with unlimited data and it works surprisingly well for online/console games so that was a very pleasant surprise.

Starting my Master's in two weeks. Went to the UCL quad this afternoon, and it looks fucking stately and beautiful as hell. Can't wait to kick it there with a glass of port and a good book.

Apparently Master's degrees are hard doe. Ain't looking forward to that.

Starting my Master's in two weeks. Went to the UCL quad this afternoon, and it looks fucking stately and beautiful as hell. Can't wait to kick it there with a glass of port and a good book.

Apparently Master's degrees are hard doe. Ain't looking forward to that.

I'm at UCL doing a PhD there. :)

And as you know, I'm always bumming around Bloomsbury trying to score free wine and cake.

I'd say we should all go to the BBK bar, but I've got my cred to maintain and taking Bard won't help it :heh:

I saw Ian Hislop walking around Soho yesterday rather jauntily, holding an umbrella as big as himself. Such a London tableau.