NEurope
nightwolf

good stuff thread.

Just finished watching a fairly good pirated version of Iron Man 3 on DVD... and I actually really enjoyed the movie second time round.

I certainly didn't dislike the film the first time round, but the second time round I absolutely loved it.

I certainly didn't dislike the film the first time round, but the second time round I absolutely loved it.

Yeah, I definitely enjoyed it more after I knew what to expect. I had such massive hopes after the Avengers that I suppose I was only going to be disappointed.

Got back to work last monday after two weeks off. Not great timings, as I move out this thursday (25th) and I hadn't secured anywhere to live. I'd been looking for a room to rent, but some guys from work asked if I wanted to get a house with them. I did, and we got a great house, but the tenancy doesn't start until mid-august. I checked travelodge, and it would be ~£1500 for 3 weeks.

However, this morning I've managed to agree on a 1 month let, at a lower rent than I'm currently paying. Which means I won't be homeless, and I won't have to miss the meet.

/score

Yeah, I definitely enjoyed it more after I knew what to expect. I had such massive hopes after the Avengers that I suppose I was only going to be disappointed.

Seems to be a theme; I really liked it the first time, absolutely loved it the second, and having since digested it even more I've become ever so slightly obsessed with it.

Spent evening with bird. Went to a Persian restaurant and had some briliant food. Then went to the Tramlines festival and listened to some great live music.

Reyt good n8!!!

I've just got back from an excellent weekend in Manchester. Mogwai were performing the soundtrack to Zidane: A 21st Century Portrait, whilst the film was being played.

It was just supremely awesome. I had no idea they were doing this until it popped up on my facebook feed...I was scrambling around the living room at the time like a lunatic so I could purchase the tickets. Music was sublime. It was set in the Albert Hall, basically an old church that has been converted to do live shows. It can fit around 2000 people, maybe less. Atmosphere was excellent. The music though...at times, so loud. The half-time segment was outstanding and probably some of the loudest music I've heard. :D

We spent the rest of the weekend shopping at the Arndale Centre as it was pretty close to the hotel. Spent a lot of money...had excellent food at Gourmet Burger Kitchen about 5 minutes away. All in all, it was lovely. :)

Edited by Fierce_LiNk

Quality weekend... well mainly quality Saturday.

Heather was away in London for the night, and 2 of my friend's girlfriends went with her. So what are guys to do when the girls go away leaving a house to them.

No not hookers and blackjack.... Gaming night. Another friend came round, so 4 of us in total playing Nintendoland, Game & Wario, FIFA & WWE13.

Alot of food and beer was consumed, the beer in particular helped to create some intense atmosphere while playing WWE13. Some classic TCL & Hell in a cell matches.

Good news is next weekend Heather and her girlfriends are away from Friday to Sunday. Another weekend of gaming, good times.

I've got lots of good news to share!

So as some of you may know, Dan and I got some fertilised chicken eggs from a farm and incubated them. All 5 Buff Orpingtons hatched yesterday. Here is a photo and vine:

1005648_10153023570825144_2002486372_n.jpg

Some even more brilliant news is that Caveman (my pet guinea pig in the picture) is going to be okay! She was taken in for surgery this morning to try and find out why she has been bleeding. Luckily it was a treatable issue and has been spayed to sort out the problem!

Here is a photo of Caveman after a bath:

205084_10150539361835144_5247103_n.jpg

We're so relieved as the outlook didn't seem great. Hopefully her recovery will go well and we'll be able to pick her up from the vets tonight!

Passed another 3 exams today! I'm now 12/15 exams down to being a qualified accountant!

Was quite worried about these but came through okay! So happy :D:geek:

Are you by any chance doing your exams with a Josh C and/or Ed B?

Just checked my bank account. Way more money in there than I was expecting. Financial boner.

Just checked my bank account. Way more money in there than I was expecting. Financial boner.

I expect this to happen:

original.gif

I got back from Essex around 12:30 today and within the space of the next three hours the following happened:

- Got an email from a friend about an IT role at Cartoon Network

- Wrote a CV/covering letter and sent it off

- Got a call from the guy I'd be replacing for a casual chat about the role, myself, my experience etc

- Got an email inviting me to an interview next Wednesday.

original.gif

It's not the kind of role I expected to be going for, but if I can get it. MAAAAAN! CARTOON NETWORK!

It all happened so fast I've not been able to process it!

And also, received some interesting stuff in the post:

BQG2txFCIAAgdJE.jpg

BQG_GcQCMAA1EY6.jpg

I expect this to happen:

original.gif

If only we had £1 notes.

My contract got extended another month! My wallet and I are so pleased.

I've set in motion something awesome.

I'm not allowed to really talk about it, which is annoying, but involves me moving :D.

I went to my mate's house yesterday and my friend's husband was all "My brother's a black-belt karate champion" and "I've learned loads from him, I once beat up 5 guys by myself at the same time" and shit. I told him I knew boxing and we had a bit of a sparring session. His karate against my boxing. He got a couple of kicks, which I blocked, and I got a couple of jabs in but he did this kind of spinning kick thing but I grabbed his leg and he started hopping around. He tried to get to me but I started to raise his leg a little higher whenever he did. I made him tell me I'm awesome! DANCE, BITCH! DANCE! I'm a black belt in WHOOP YO ARSE! :p

I had a lot of fun yesterday though. Best day of the week after my shitty-ass week. Much needed!

My contract got extended another month! My wallet and I are so pleased.

Now?

original.gif

I've set in motion something awesome.

I'm not allowed to really talk about it, which is annoying, but involves me moving :D.

Are you...perhaps moving?

It was my mom's birthday today. I had no clue what to get her (kinda hard to do anyway when you are miles away) and my sisters' didn't seem to have a clue either. So I decided to go for the typical flowers + chocolates + card.

Cost me about £46 (ouch), but my mom seemed to be very happy with it. Plus the orchid I ordered seems massive, much bigger than I expected! I hope it was a nice surprise for her, don't think she was expecting anything. =)

kado_zps807f6b6a.png

Whooohoooo.

Got my first acceptance from a university. :) Biotechnology!

I wanted to do this when I finished school in 2009, but they didn't accept me then.

Have to enroll between the 12th and 28th of August, so there is still time to wait for news from other universities. I applied for Psychology, Economics and Computational Engineering. No idea whether I will be accepted for one of these.

But what's important: My future isn't so unsure anymore.

I will definitely do something. And it's what I wanted: Go to a university and study in a field that I'm interested in. :)

A couple of months ago I was unhappy, sad and always in a shitty mood.

I quit my job, moved back to my hometown and started to live my life, doing things I enjoy even if my future was undecided. I took a risk, and so far it hasn't been a mistake.

Edited by drahkon

Whooohoooo.

Got my first acceptance from a university. :) Biotechnology!

I wanted to do this when I finished school in 2009, but they didn't accept me then.

Have to enroll between the 12th and 28th of August, so there is still time to wait for news from other universities. I applied for Psychology, Economics and Computational Engineering. No idea whether I will be accepted for one of these.

But what's important: My future isn't so unsure anymore.

I will definitely do something. And it's what I wanted: Go to a university and study in a field that I'm interested in. :)

A couple of months ago I was unhappy, sad and always in a shitty mood.

I quit my job, moved back to my hometown and started to live my life, doing things I enjoy even if my future was undecided. I took a risk, and so far it hasn't been a mistake.

That sounds pretty cool. I did a few modules of Biomedical Engineering during my degree (i thought i might want to go into that field) and it was really interesting. Not sure how it differs from Biotechnology though.

Those other three though, they seem.....diverse?! You don't seem to care which field you study do you!