NEurope
nightwolf

good stuff thread.

1. Just had a fun week in Tenerife. Lovely weather, plenty of relaxing, beers and good times. Admittedly the French air traffic strike forcing a 4 hour delay on me wasn't fun..

2. Had €180 left over, so I thought I'd treat myself to a 3DS XL. Tesco deal, sorted for £114.95.

3. Took those Euros to Thomas Cook and the lady exchanged them at the sell rate and not buy rate, so I got £20 more than anywhere else in town was offering.

Triple Win.

Seeing Bon Jovi tonight, 2nd time. Can't wait, gonna be a fun night indeed. Will be remotely deaf by 11pm.

I love Up.

And I like Upular.

There is also this beautiful piece:

Which makes me happy and incredibly sad each time. :heart:

Sat in a bar, Reggie is at the next table. Pictures may follow.

Sat in a bar' date=' Reggie is at the next table. Pictures may follow.[/quote']

- Get him drunk

- Spill all of Nintendo's secrets

- Rule the world

Had my first ever job interview yesterday. It went pretty well!

Halfway through, they told me i'd already got further than the guy they interviewed that morning. Made me feel great, then instantly sorry for him...

Anyway, they said it went well enough to get a second interview next week sometime. I liked the look of the company and the people too, although I don't think it's my ideal job, so i won't be too upset if i don't get it. Just feels good not completely bombing in the first interview!

Had my first ever job interview yesterday. It went pretty well!

Halfway through, they told me i'd already got further than the guy they interviewed that morning. Made me feel great, then instantly sorry for him...

Anyway, they said it went well enough to get a second interview next week sometime. I liked the look of the company and the people too, although I don't think it's my ideal job, so i won't be too upset if i don't get it. Just feels good not completely bombing in the first interview!

Good effort dude. I'm not sure about your circumstances but if you get offered it and you don't have anything else take it because at least you'll have something. You can take positives out of the worst job in the world for your CV.

Flipped burgers at Burger King? "Produced in excess of 150 high quality food items a day" "Maintained the equipment and ensured that the high standards of cleanliness were met at all times.

Yeah it'll actually look really good on my CV anyway. It's for a consultant engineering company who deal mainly in suspension systems. The only reservations i have are that i'm not that fanatical about cars (in comparison to other mechanical engineers) but maybe i can learn...

How have you never had a job interview before?

I had never had a job interview before until last year... I was 27.

It's pretty much the only job interview I have had as well. =P

I was a student until the age of 27, so didn't really need much as I was living at home. I worked in my family's company since I was 16, just a few hours during the weekend and then usually a bit more time during the weekend. Would only earn about 100 - 200 euro per month, but it was enough for what I needed.

I had a job as a hospital porter during school, and got it without interview.

Then i've been a student for four years (parents paid for accomodation, lived off my loan otherwise).

Then I got a PhD grant which i lived off for another four years.

It's not a position i like to be in, as my CV looks rubbish but it's quite common i think.

I'm trying to be positive and think about good stuff.

Finished another week of work. Colleagues have proven to be really, really, really nice and supportive and just generally decent people - it makes a huge difference when you know you're facing a day of interacting with decent human beings. Worth getting up for.

Bank balance was £500 better than I thought! I went to get out £200 for two weeks rent and was really seriously dreading the potential of having nothing in there (I never get a receipt when i get cash out...) so it's great to know I have security in my situation.

... These aren't really "good news" things, more just "life isn't bad" things - but honestly I've had a rocky few months and I'm so, so grateful to find myself in this standard position. I've got very little stress in life at the moment and I have been able to genuinely laugh every day. It's silly to say, but I just feel like a decent human being, and that's all I ask for... :P

p.s. weeklytargetatworkis40becauseimnewbutIgot90thisweeksoalliswell!

Found out my results yesterday, I got a 2.1. 5 fucking years and I didn't waste it :D:D:D

Now I am the Master of Engineering.

e; I also finished a song in celebration (I was kinda drunk) http://snd.sc/12N33k3

I went to London as celebration for my birthday on Wednesday and had such a laugh.

My friend and I decided that we'd take pictures of anything whilst wearing sunglasses (with all the rain). Its the nicest day I've had in a while and was sorely needed.

Erm, happy belated birthday (belated happy birthday?) @nightwolf :)

I am now going out. Only found out just now. Great. Need to get ready in 10 minutes. So what am I doing here? No idea, I had a bit of alcohol so I don't know what I'm doing.

Edited by drahkon

I've had a really busy day. I visited two dealerships and got to test drive a Kia Picanto and a Citroen C1. Both were nice cars to drive, although I've fallen in love with the Picanto. The brakes will take a bit of getting used to and it's different compared to what I've previously driven, but it seems like a lovely car.

So, after considering most of the information about the ones I've looked at, and after looking at all of the different financing options and insurance quotes, etc, I've decided that I'll be getting the Picanto. :D Excited. My Fiesta has been nothing but trouble all fucking year and I need something that is reliable and something that will be by my side for the next few years/long term.

I spent the afternoon with some friends and they cooked us a lovely fish curry that was marinated in masala sauce. Yummy as hell, with some carrot cake as a dessert.

We spent the evening watching Man of Steel in the cinema, which we all seemed to like a lot. I loved it.

I seem to be over this sickness now. My stomach gave me some trouble during the night and I was up at 4:30. But, for the most part, it's manageable and is causing me little problem now. About time...

We're all gonna make it!

Circling back a bit, Cars 2 was an enjoyably mediocre spy spoof. All I expected from it really.

Anyway, back from Annecy!

Saw 7 feature films and 65 short films. Drank at least a bottle of wine a day, ate lots of cheese and three different pizzas (the restaurants seemed to be mainly Italian). Two evenings we spent watching an open air screening (wanted to go to more but it rained). Had some glorious weather and managed to get a swim in the (very cold) lake twice. A good, relaxing week.

Oh and I think I got caught by a Street View car!

Not exactly the best picture, but I didn't take many:

Annecy+-+2

Been listening to a lot of Athlete lately, Black Swan is a fantastic album, especially the title track.

Little did I know the drummer in the band is in fact @ReZourceman!

Athlete.jpg

(2nd from left)

Looks like the love child of Rez and Danny Dyer.

I bet that was a 'pwopah nawty nite'.