NEurope
nightwolf

good stuff thread.

Earned my first belt in Karate, learned we'll be closing shop early for the next few weeks (I can watch the Canadian GP after all), rescued a bunch of slugs that had slicked their way into my bedroom, finally managed to see a play, two weeks of holiday starting Friday. Going to go see my grandmother. Catch up on some writing. Maybe play some Guild Wars. And get drunk with @martinist . See this whole body hair situation for myself.

Edited by gaggle64

. And get drunk with @martinist . See this whole body hair situation for myself.

The last time you asked me to take my clothes off I wound up waking up in your sex dungeon with an extreemly sore arse. I'm not falling for that again!

The last time you asked me to take my clothes off I wound up waking up in your sex dungeon with an extreemly sore arse. I'm not falling for that again!

But I built that dungeon for you. :(

Fuck yeah, 6 hours of dancing and drinking! And the DJ played Get Lucky

Now I'm on my way to play football.

At the moment, I'd say it'd be more surprising if any DJ didn't play Get Lucky. It is so overplayed on the radio that I'm actually bored of it.

Had my haircut today. Trying to find a place in Westbourne to get it cut on a Sunday was a nightmare. Nobody displayed their opening hours online, nobody answered their phones, nobody had their own websites. In the end, I parked my car cheekily at the ASDA in Bournemouth and walked to this hairdressers' that I drove past the other day, apparently the only one open in Bournemouth on a Sunday.

Walked in, completely empty. Had a conversation with the guy about the Alien films, Batman, Man of Steel, gym and had my haircut down in less than half an hour.

Compare that to my regular place where the car parking charges in central Bournemouth are extortionate (about 3 quid for an hour) and where you can quite often wait for an hour and still not be seen (record is maybe 1 hour 30 mins so far). So, by comparison, it was easy and excellent today. The whole thing took less than an hour. :D

Also, about the radio: British Radio sucks balls and I don't listen to it by choice. The best radio station I listen to is Studio Brussels, which plays a good range and mixture, and also doesn't have these fucking annoying presenters that we seem to idolise in this country, who spend more time doing gags than they do playing music.

And the DJ played Get Lucky

2 weeks ago I was in a club, and the DJ played Get Lucky.

A little bit later that evening, it started playing again. I was a little bit disappointed that they'd repeat a song, but then it turned out to be a mash up with Never Gonna Give You Up.

Best. Rockroll. Ever.

Today I got to see: MONSTERS UNIVERSITY! :grin:

WP_20130609_007_zps22d6f7b8.jpg

That's the ticket which looks rad so I've stuck it on my wall. : peace:

The film was: AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:yay::bouncy::yay:

I can't believe this actually happened, i'm currently in a dream like state. :grin:

Back from Alicante. Not really a good thing as I've returned to work as the only DBA today as the other 2 guys are on annual leave and flex day.

No Handover email from what I've missed last week, so that's pretty poor.

But i'm back intime for E3 :)

This is the Villa I stayed in, first time I've stayed at a villa. Will defiantly be doing it again. It's lush having the pool to yourself, Nice to be able to drink pool side. Spent alot of the time floating in the pool on the green lilo in the picture with a bottle of beer and a book. Only 5 minute walk from the beach too which was awesome.

photo3nky.jpg

photo4ma.jpg

At the moment, I'd say it'd be more surprising if any DJ didn't play Get Lucky. It is so overplayed on the radio that I'm actually bored of it.

Stop stalking me on Twitter. I was Tweeting similar things weeks ago!

@Murr - Villas are the shit. My family always go for villas rather than hotels. Having the whole place to yourself is fantastic. No other people is awesome. Other people are the worst.

Is Alicante still a shithole?

It was years ago last time I was there but I couldn't believe what a dump it was.

@JonSt Didn't seem it to me, in fairness it looked nicer than Barcelona did 2 weeks ago :p

@JonSt Didn't seem it to me, in fairness it looked nicer than Barcelona did 2 weeks ago :p

Fair enough, it's probably been at least 10 years since I was last there. The overriding image of that holiday for me was a Tennis court next to our villa that only had half a net :heh:

Fair enough, it's probably been at least 10 years since I was last there. The overriding image of that holiday for me was a Tennis court next to our villa that only had half a net :heh:

We had a tennis court next to our villa in Turkey that had no room behind the baseline. Even when serving there was no way you could swing your racket back without hitting the back fence.

Today I got to see: MONSTERS UNIVERSITY! :grin:

WP_20130609_007_zps22d6f7b8.jpg

That's the ticket which looks rad so I've stuck it on my wall. : peace:

The film was: AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:yay::bouncy::yay:

I can't believe this actually happened, i'm currently in a dream like state. :grin:

That's not fair. I'm at an animation festival where it's playing and its invites only so I can't see it :heh:

Just had some more annual leave approved. 9th to 13th September, will be looking to go on some last minute deal somewhere that week.

And had the 15th to the 31st December approved.

This will make it my 7th year in a row to have 15+ days off work in December. It's now my annual Winter Game-a-thon.

Love it!

booked up honeymoon last week going to florida for a week then newyork for 3 days....hurry up next june

That's not fair. I'm at an animation festival where it's playing and its invites only so I can't see it :heh:
Don't worry, it's probably only going to further the sad feeling Cars 2 gave us - that Pixar is losing its edge.

Don't worry, it's probably only going to further the sad feeling Cars 2 gave us - that Pixar is losing its edge.

Didn't you get that feeling watching the original Cars?

No, I unacceptably jumped to that conclusion before watching the original Cars.

I wouldn't do that again.

oh wait

Didn't you get that feeling watching the original Cars?

No, I unacceptably jumped to that conclusion before watching the original Cars.

I wouldn't do that again.

oh wait

What you're saying here is that you didn't like Cars?

I thought it was awesome! Loved every second of it.

No I liked cars, I just assumed I wasn't going to and put off watching it for years and years.

I liked Cars 2. A decent, fun spy movie. Better than I thought it was going to be, personally I enjoyed it more than the first.