NEurope
nightwolf

good stuff thread.

Got an email earlier today from the staff in the school of psychology at uni telling me that I've been awarded one of their Alumni Scholarships :D Well, I say awarded but I don't get it until January and it comes off of my post grad fees rather than me actually getting the £1000. Still, £1000 less to pay on my tuition fees is mighty handy.

That's the highlight of what has been a rather rough week or so though at uni, where I'm already feeling majorly burnt out after only 5 weeks :hmm:

Congrats! I have to admit I do have mixed feelings, considering your scottish uni education has, so far, been a darn sight cheaper than mine :P But seriously - congrats! Everyone deserves to pursue what they're interested in.

Congrats, Ganepark :)

Did my second exam just now. It was waaaayy better than yesterday. Don't think there was a lot wrong :)

On Thursday I'll have my last exam, which won't be much of a problem.

So, let's hope the examiners will be merciful when they discuss the examination from yesterday, which was pretty bad at the end...

Congrats on the scholorship Ganepark and on your exams dr4hkon.

I just applied for my CompTIA Network+ exam, got the 22nd Nov confirmed, should be enough time to cram in a bunch of practice tests and re-reading my mike meyers book and rewatching the training vids I have.

Sticking it in this thread for now..hopefully after the exam I'll still be posting in this thread :D

re-reading my mike meyers book

This one?

mike-myers-35.jpeg

Or this one?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSDAS6qyE7_js1JFMWfk1zdzeIS7HNc5ul_hGNV7XChI00qK4E9

*sigh* I should have seen that coming

This one

0.jpg

and this book

51%2BFV%2BArpOL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg

Though if you want to get technical, both the ones you posted spell their surname "Myers" :wink:

I don't want to get technical, it makes my joke less funny.

Mike Myers + William Shatner mask = great link for that 3 degrees of seperation game (... or however many degrees it is. Is it celcius or fahrenheit? Does it make a difference?)

I don't think you can state that Shatner 'starred' in Halloween because of that....

I think its 6 degrees.

There's also a special Kevin Bacon one - if you Google someone's name then "bacon number" it will give you the separation from Kevin Bacon.

I think its 6 degrees.

There's also a special Kevin Bacon one - if you Google someone's name then "bacon number" it will give you the separation from Kevin Bacon.

Apparently it only works if they're famous.

I tried it with myself.

I got an email about something, really important and I got a reply within one day, so that's great news. Hopefully something comes of that.

Also, I thought I lost my pass to work, they cost about £20 to replace, but my colleague found it in work - phew! It's all about the little things.

Epic rather win.

We had a re-structure in customer services. It means I get a £1,800 pay rise. Which is pretty awesome. And I was told with little work I'll go up again. Win.

They believe in you' date=' so surely they want to offer you more hours - perhaps it's a case of finding the hours to free up. If you can't have more hours unless someone else quits, is that ok with you? Would you be willing to move stores/live elsewhere for more hours? If you keep getting recognition from your superiors then eventually surely you can join them :P[/quote']

It'd be okay with me if I can't have more hours until someone quits (I'm already on this considering I'm in the wings if a supervisor quits) but I can't live on 8 hours forever and I think they know this and they're giving me any overtime available so that's cool that they're doing that. However, as I said, I do need more but I really like this job like nobody has any idea, which is weird considering I never thought I would like being a sales assistant. As for moving, I would be willing to move stores but living elsewhere? I'd have to have a very long think about that one. Saying that though, I've always said I'd move to the Isle of Wight or New York in a heartbeat but even then, I'd probably struggle. It all depends on how secure it is, really.

I have finished my Harry Potter marathon, and it was glorious. I love those films. Watching them back to back, they feel like one great movie.

I finished mine too! Thought I'd watch them all since everybody's just got me in the mood for a Potter marathon, what with Dannyboy getting that feckin' superfoxyawesomehot boxset and my mate who watched the movies, loved it and is now reading the books. I've seen from Philosopher's Stone to Half-Blood Prince today and tomorrow, I'm watching both parts of Deathly Hallows back-to-back.

Epic rather win.

We had a re-structure in customer services. It means I get a £1,800 pay rise. Which is pretty awesome. And I was told with little work I'll go up again. Win.

BatcaveMadeOutOf20000LEGOPieces-84362.jpg

I'm thinking ReZ would rather have that than money, haha! (I wouldn't blame him either!)

I have an Erdos number of 6.

That knocks my 9 into obscurity. What I really need is an Erdos-Bacon number. :heh:

To be fair my supervisor helped by having a 5...

Yeah, an Erdos Bacon number is the dream, or possibly an Erdos Bacon Sabbath number, which is a thing apparently. Brian Cox has one unsurprisingly, as does Stephen Hawking which is more surprising.

as does Stephen Hawking which is more surprising.

After a quick google, Hawking actually has the lowest number (meaning he's closely linked to all three). Natalie Portman also has a very low Erdos Bacon Sabbath number.

Next trip to Japan is sorted, I'll be flying out the week of the 5th of November for a months stay - cannot wait to get back there.

Will get my results in 2 hours...don't know whether I should post this in the good or bad stuff thread.

I'm freaking nervous. It could go either way. :hmm: