NEurope
nightwolf

good stuff thread.

After two weeks working in Tokyo I've managed to arrange the first steps of moving out here permanently :grin: In November I'll swap roles with someone in this office for a month, apartments and all, then hopefully if that goes well work towards making it a full time switch sometime next year. Need to work super hard on my Japanese from now on, though it has been much easier to pick up quickly when using it every day. Fingers crossed it all works out - very excited about this one.

Was cleaning out my room the other day and then my sister and mother decided to clean out the rest of them with me. Found some old games I thought I had lost too, like Spiderman 2 for ps2 :)

Also this

FOPxC.gif

I've been up since 8. Made a cuppa at around half 8. Visited the Glastonbury website and waited for 9 o'clock.

The time comes. We enter the queue. It counts down from 20. Down to 1. Then, it stops, reloads and the process continues. We do this for around 15 minutes, until...Disaster. The page displays a server timed out/page not loading error. Frantically we hit the refresh button, waiting for it to come back.

It comes back. We count back from 20. To 1. Reloads. Errors. Reloads. Countdown. Error. Rinse and repeat until quarter past 10.

Ine decides that we need breakfast. I stay glued to the screen. Until I need to go to the loo, the pressure is killing me. I come back. She has the laptop and is eating breakfast. SHE GASPS. BOOKING SCREEN.

We enter our details. But, it takes us to another loading screen. We wait another 10 Minutes before we get to the card payment screen. We pay for it...and it is done. 1 and a half hours later.

GLASTONBURY 2013. HERE WE COME.

There had better be some good bands...

After a particularly horrific train journey on Thursday I check my email and two stand out:

1zv8l1g.jpg

At first I did this:

tumblr_m83hqoAEsD1qzjdybo1_500.gif

And then came the gifs.

tumblr_lzmjysEOwg1ql201ao1_500.gif

tumblr_lgxz838Bl71qbg48p.gif

tumblr_lxih6teTsK1qgynwf.gif

tumblr_lzcb0upFlE1r8lrzzo1_500.gif

qo9l69.jpg

Then I actually read it and it says -- flashback to explain: on Tuesday I went to their gig and my DSLR had to be checked and I took to twitter to moan about it -- "hey sorry to hear about the camera. What gig are you coming to next, we'll get you a photo pass" (or something like that).

At this point I repeated the gifs above briefly then remembered I'd left it in London because I thought I wouldn't be able to take it in.

tumblr_lxe9bwqHHa1qct2nto1_500.gif

But we DMed a bit more and it was still super sweet of him!

My ex(or whatever)-girlfriend wants to meet me next Saturday. And she said that she's looking forward to it.

On that day, it would have been our second anniversary..

I told her we could go on a walk through a pretty sweet park and later go to the cinema to watch a terrible movie (don't know which one, yet). She agreed.

It's a start.

I'd just like to randomly say that I signed up to Cube-Europe at 5:23pm on Monday, 7th October 2002.

I'd just like to randomly say that I signed up to Cube-Europe at 5:23pm on Monday, 7th October 2002.

*checks date*

bbbb6622_InigoMontoya-ThatWord-WhatYouThinkItMeans.jpeg

inconceivable.jpg

In other news- I'm no longer ill. I've been off work all week with Gastroenteritis.

How do you know that?

I randomly decided to check the old boards on the Wayback machine, managed to find my old profile. On there it had the date and time that the I signed up, so I added the 10 year anniversary of that moment to my Google calendar.

10th NE 'cakeday' and only 3 'thanks' on the post...

Poor show, N-Europe, poor show.

Wow.....that's a real 'blast from the past'. Found one of my old posts back in 2003, but my profile wasn't archived. Imma keep trying though. Forgotten loads of old people like Athriller, Apple NdiB, Spieluhr, Ford, X-Treme Cube, Blackbird, Kingofunrealuk...

I wonder where they all went....

edit: Rizz!

double edit:

vxRBs.png

Oh man, i missed my 10th anniversary by like 6 months...

Also, the 'Bouncy Boobs (56k warning)' thread had all missing links.....this sucks.

Edited by 130131301364

Wow.....that's a real 'blast from the past'. Found one of my old posts back in 2003, but my profile wasn't archived. Imma keep trying though. Forgotten loads of old people like Athriller, Apple NdiB, Spieluhr, Ford, X-Treme Cube, Blackbird, Kingofunrealuk...

I wonder where they all went....

edit: Rizz!

*cough* Mokong X-C *cough* have a guess what the X-C stands for ;)

No way!!

People shouldn't be allowed to change their usernames! How am i supposed to keep up?

Why do you think i've had the same lame-ass name for 10 and a half years?

That's why I left the X-C there plus it used to be a text line in my Sig forever up until a few weeks ago.

I thought everyone from back then knew :heh:

I think even if i knew i'd still have been confused.

Online i tend to associate people by theur username rather than a mental image of what they look like (if i know at all). All it takes is for them to change their name and i lose my mental image of who they are.

Well I just added the text line back to my sig just for you :wink:

Have you never wondered what the X-C in my current name meant?

Or since changing my name (I think back in 2006) have I acted different from how I was as X-treme Cube :heh:

Also just worked out how the wayback machine works.

Always remembered my join date was Jan 8th 2002 (day after the sites birthday too) my joining time was 8.34am... I always thought it was in the evening I joined...maybe there's a time zone thing messing that up?

http://web.archive.org/web/20040417102809/http://www.xsorbit1.com/users/cubeeurope/index.cgi?action=viewprofile&username=x-treme_cube

Edit:

As for the others you mentioned

Staying on name changes.... Kingofunrealuk was/is/became Jordan but he has since left a few years back

Blackbird was the other co-founder alongside Master Tim... but he went his own way I think just before the switch the Revo-Europe, he has an account on here also called Blackbird, turns up once in a while, last time was Sep last year

The others though I can't quite remember what happened but I think one or two "did not leave of their own choice" :heh: (someone else will prolly remember better and prolly correct me)

Edited by Mokong

February 8th, 2002 for mee.

Man, those names. Such a shame so many of the threads aren't archived there -- I feel really bad because some usernames are super familiar but I can't actually remember ANYTHING about the poster...

Meroigo..

And lol @Charlie We all forgot your poetry didn't we? Who's Iona?

As for the others you mentioned

Staying on name changes.... Kingofunrealuk was/is/became Jordan but he has since left a few years back

He's still around on Facebook/Twitter/Google+.

I was initially I_Am_Turok, then a few other names, then DJcube, then _Cube. When we moved to Revo-Europe I was able to grab "Cube".

Damn I totally forgot we used to have a Zelda Discussion board. I loved that board!

Incidentally - April 10th, 2002, 3:45pm, which was a Wednesday so I must've just gotten home from school.

I'd like to point out that in 2003 my email address was [email protected] - because we had that domain waaaaay before the now defunct magazine.

Edited by Shorty

February 8th' date=' 2002 for mee.

Man, those names. Such a shame so many of the threads aren't archived there -- I feel really bad because some usernames are super familiar but I can't actually remember ANYTHING about the poster...

Meroigo..

And lol @Charlie We all forgot your poetry didn't we? Who's Iona?

My account was hacked / my brother used to use my account / screw you.

---

The description for General Chit-Chat

"...Go Wild!"

If Reddit existed back then...

And June 28th, 2003. Another account I did actually share with my brother was June 27, 2002. The majority of Balfron's posts were actually me because he got bored.

Edited by Charlie

He's still around on Facebook/Twitter/Google+.

Oh I know that I have him as friend/followed/in circles in them, I was talking about just here (C-E/R-E/N-E)

Damn I totally forgot we used to have a Zelda Discussion board. I loved that board!

Incidentally - April 10th, 2002, 3:45pm, which was a Wednesday so I must've just gotten home from school.

I'd like to point out that in 2003 my email address was [email protected] - because we had that domain waaaaay before the now defunct magazine.

Wait so if we had the n-gamer.com domain what happened to it?...did the magazine pays us (by which I of course mean either Tim or maybe AMN depending on the timing) for the domain.... or did we let it expire :heh:

EDIT

Also regarding @Charlie /Moria I could never read his old name (Moria) without hearing Gimli's voice from the LotR films saying it....in fact I still can't stop hearing him now when I think of Moria

Edited by Mokong

It probably expired and isn't really used now. NGamer mag never used that domain.