NEurope
nightwolf

good stuff thread.

I really don't think this is the case. Reason: The father of a work-mate was caught doing 32 in a 30.

Must have been a slow day for the traffic cops.

This is something which pisses me off that people think that limits set don't actually apply. If the speed limitis 50mph, the limit is 50mph. Not 51, not 55 - but 50*. Same with people who park over their time limit. They pay for 60 mins of parking time, but bitch when they get charged for 62 minutes. They paid for what they get, they knew the risks.

*Plus I've heard that spedometers are set a couple mph ahead of what they actually are to avoid some form of litigation.

@ReZourceman @Fierce_LiNk @MoogleViper @nightwolf

On the topic of speeding...

Legally doing 31MPH in a 30MPH you are breaking the law and speeding.

However, ACPO (assosication of chief police officers) guidelines state that prosacutions should only take place on 10% + 2, so in a 30MPH it would be 35MPH and above. Note they are only guidelines and technically if police wanted to stick to law, they can do. Most do follow ACPO guidelines though. Which is where ppl get the 10% story from.

A lot of forces now take part in the speed awareness course like Rez did, where if your speed falls within a certain zone you can get offered that instead of ticket and points, then there is a zone for a straight ticket and points and anything extreme would be summenced to court to let a magestrate decide.

Just thought I would throw my knowledge out there! :)

The guy who did my speed awareness course is a fucking bellend. I've been happily doing 77mph on motorways recently (lol). He didn't even give the full story. Twat.

Should have known....at one point, he drew a diagram and asked what speed limit was, we all said 30 (lamposts) but he was like, "No...no repeater signs" so we were all like "oh wow, shit? never knew that...always through lamposts were 30 if no other advice" then 20 minutes later he said we were wrong about that, and we were like...."Whut" and he was like "Oh....yeah, I was wrong earlier".

Twat.

Cheers for the correct Mike, good to know.

I believe the course costs more than the ticket, but you avoid points on the licence.

There's probably a degree of leeway on speed cameras to account for any possible inaccuracies and incorrectly giving out tickets.

Yeah, the fine was £60 and the course was £90.

And the course was shit. Didn't teach me anything (I thought it had...) didn't contain enough "shock tactics" video or stories that would scare knob-speeders, and apparently was confusing.

Edited by ReZourceman
Automerged Doublepost

The guy who did my speed awareness course is a fucking bellend. I've been happily doing 77mph on motorways recently (lol). He didn't even give the full story. Twat.

Should have known....at one point, he drew a diagram and asked what speed limit was, we all said 30 (lamposts) but he was like, "No...no repeater signs" so we were all like "oh wow, shit? never knew that...always through lamposts were 30 if no other advice" then 20 minutes later he said we were wrong about that, and we were like...."Whut" and he was like "Oh....yeah, I was wrong earlier".

Twat.

Cheers for the correct Mike, good to know.

Yeah, the fine was £60 and the course was £90.

And the course was shit. Didn't teach me anything (I thought it had...) didn't contain enough "shock tactics" video or stories that would scare knob-speeders, and apparently was confusing.

Yeah, speed awareness courses are done by private companies I believe (not 100% on that one), I'm sure if the police or more so fire did them that would be more shocking. I know the fire service have pretty grusume pictures for not wearing seatbelts/using phone, one pic is like someones scalp stuck in the windscreen where they flew forward coz of not

Wearing a belt, glass cracked, and then as his head fell, cut a bit off!

And yeah it's a 30 if the lamposts are 185 metres apart or less (a stupidly long distance) so basically see lamposts it's a 30 unless there are repeaters for a different speed limit.

A 30 only needs to a repeater sign if the distance is greater, but I have yet to see a road like that, normally if it's rural enough it's at least a 40.

Okay so I have some good stuff. I've had to complete these big-ass worksheets for this Supervisor job but basically, what it is is that when somebody leaves or gets the sack or whatever and they're supervisor then that's when I get the job. I suppose they're trying to cover all bases or something. Anyway, I've almost done the second worksheet and then I'd have to do the third one and then have another interview and stuff.

My Stephen Hawking's Universe DVD finally arrived!!!

I thought it would never come. Tesco are so slow.

I also got my copy of The Hobbit back. My brother borrowed it, so it was at his house, but he's returned it now. So I guess you could say, it's been There and Back Again.

Edited by MoogleViper

My Stephen Hawking's Universe DVD finally arrived!!!

Stephen Hawking is voiced by Benedict Cumberbatch. This just keeps getting better and better.

Stephen Hawking is voiced by Benedict Cumberbatch.

All these years, I never knew that.

I somehow got a job working for Barclays setting up meetings for business owners with a Business Manager in an ultra cool office with a small team where we have shit loads of freedom and the environment and atmosphere is amazing. Had my first day today and I didn't want to leave! AND THERE IS A KETTLE AND COFFEE

Also after a year I actually train to become one of these Business Managers so I actually have some direction about me for the first time since.. well ever, really! Since college. Career plan go!

I somehow got a job working for Barclays setting up meetings for business owners with a Business Manager in an ultra cool office with a small team where we have shit loads of freedom and the environment and atmosphere is amazing. Had my first day today and I didn't want to leave! AND THERE IS A KETTLE AND COFFEE

Also after a year I actually train to become one of these Business Managers so I actually have some direction about me for the first time since.. well ever, really! Since college. Career plan go!

Ahh welcome to the Barclays world.

I take it your working within Retail banking then - what with you dealing with Business Managers?!

Ahh welcome to the Barclays world.

I take it your working within Retail banking then - what with you dealing with Business Managers?!

I work with the LDS team, there are about 12 of us. Familiar with ClearlyBusiness?

Went through my huge sack of coins that I've been adding to for the past year or so and came up with £605! Not bad at all - just dumped them all in one of those coin machines at the bank so I didn't get charged a percentage like you do with those Coinstar machines at supermarkets.

That's my Wii U paid for then (if I decide to get one)

It actually wasn't that impressive, it was mainly pound coins. Weighed a fair bit though.

The machine broke it down

1p x 299

2p x 132

5p x 140

10p x 157

20p x 275

50p x 91

£1 x 394

£2 x 41

So don't imagine me doing a Scrooge McDuck style swim.

Had a pretty meh 3 hour shift in the enrolment centre but came back to receive a tweet from someone saying "I had a weird sex dream about you last night. I blame the wine".

Best thing to happen today? Probably.

Had a pretty meh 3 hour shift in the enrolment centre but came back to receive a tweet from someone saying "I had a weird sex dream about you last night. I blame the wine".

To be fair I did drink two bottles to myself.

I had a meeting with my manager today which is part of some thing where it determines whether they keep me on or not and she told me that I was the best salesperson in the place by far and the best starter and that I've exceeded every target and never missed one once, which is apparently something that even the managers or the supervisors could not do. I started the job on the first week of August so it's been a good month and a half. She even said that she has absolutely nothing bad to say and nothing I can improve on so it's all good right now.

Oh and I also have a little Clarks badge saying I'm a 'trained fitter' now, which genuinely made me really happy, lmao. Just loving my life so far, haha.

So I was ordering via Amazon Japan and got asked a strange question which blew my mind into a completely different dimension.

"What time would you like this package to be delivered?"

FOR £2.50 MORE, I CAN GET EXPEDITED SHIPPING AND SAY WHEN I WANT THEM TO TURN UP? Well, it was free thanks to a month of Amazon Prime trial, but hod diggidy daaaayumn!

Expecting Pokemon Black 2 to arrive here tonight between 6pm-8pm. They also deliver on Sunday as if it was a normal day which is pretty WAT.