NEurope
nightwolf

good stuff thread.

FUCK YES IT LIVES

This is why my day has been good, I got it the fuck working (never mind I broke it after this video was made)

Awesome! :D But why the vertical camera angle? :heh:

Fuck you Ashley, now I'm gonna have to spend my morning watching Frasier.

Fuck you Ashley, now I'm gonna have to spend my morning watching Frasier.

tumblr_lrgk6uxAnm1qbl3a8.gif

Watching vintage SNL. Everyone is so young! Plus Will Ferrell used to be tolerable, who knew?

Decided to surprise my mother by going home for mother's day. Due to go back later and she just called and I felt really bad when she said "so what are you up to?" "oh not much..." and when she said she'd just popped out from work I asked what for and she said a card. It'll be fine later obviously but I get the feeling she's going to spend all day at work thinking I've forgotten mother's day. Going here though because it'll be fine later, I plan on buying champagne :p

Edited by Ashley

Watching vintage SNL. Everyone is so young! Plus Will Ferrell used to be tolerable, who knew?

If you haven't seen any, check out the Celebrity Jeopardy's. I've loved Sean Connery ever since.

tumblr_lrgk6uxAnm1qbl3a8.gif

Decided to surprise my mother by going home for mother's day. Due to go back later and she just called and I felt really bad when she said "so what are you up to?" "oh not much..." and when she said she'd just popped out from work I asked what for and she said a card. It'll be fine later obviously but I get the feeling she's going to spend all day at work thinking I've forgotten mother's day. Going here though because it'll be fine later, I plan on buying champagne :p

D'aww, my mum was the same, I sent her a text yesterday telling her to expect some pressies for Sunday and she got really excited and stuffs.

It was sweet.

Went out with a friend I've not seen in ages, it was awesome. :santa:

I was waiting in the kitchen (having cleaned it) and heard her getting upset as there was no card waiting in the post so I just opened the door. Scared and delighted her in one.

Perhaps it was a little bit more positive considering the context of the conversation was her basically begging me to ask her out... She seems a bit crazy though, so I'm thinking its much more likely that I'll be the one doing the "friend-zoning" in this case.

Yea, definitely not in the friend zone this time.

My sister took Cameron (my nephew) home at the weekend. :)

Been so long (nearly 3 months), but she and her boyfriend are so happy he's finally home. :D

426149_10150601510981647_535341646_9161018_887552738_n.jpg

Can't wait to see him/hold him. :)

a wee prem? soo tiny... :)

my friend had a prem, was due last april, gave birth end of january! Bet you're relieved he's finally home!

a wee prem? soo tiny... :)

my friend had a prem, was due last april, gave birth end of january! Bet you're relieved he's finally home!

Pretty much the same. :)

Was due mid March, born 24th December.

My sister lives in Scotland, so i won't get to see him for a while.

Blimey, that baby is 3 months old?! How small was it?! It's miniscule!

Blimey, that baby is 3 months old?! How small was it?! It's miniscule!

well development wise its probably around birth age or a bit less as prems don't tend to develop as fast outside of the womb.

168586_184407884915849_100000399171191_496313_7101721_n.jpg

yes thats a dummy beside him

He weighed 1lb 14oz when he was born, i was really shocked at how small he was when i first saw him.

After several days battling with tesco delivery problems, my food has arrived. I no longer have to scrounge the depths of my cupboards for food and try to make meals out of it. I have enough frozen pizza and noodles to last a long time!

IMG_20120319_152350.jpg

My ears have been blocked for ages and I finally got them syringed and now I can hear EVERYTHING. It's a bit weird and scary. Everything is so loud!

But at least I can hear.

I remember when I had a completely blocked ear cleaned out many years ago. A huge truck went past right as I stepped out of the doctor's office and scared me to death! :p

I had my CompTIA A+ exams today

...obviously posting this in the "good stuff thread" you've prolly guessed I passed... well you'd be right I FRAKKING PASSED both exams.

High scores too which I was really surprised and delighted with.

875 points out of 900 on the Essentials

and

862 out of 900 on the Practical

5 of us on the course did the exams today (another 5 tomorrow) we all passed :D

Bloody chuffed, I'm now a certified A+ IT Technician :D

Which means if any friends or reletives want help with their PCs/Laptops from now on I'll be charging them, haha, can't be giving a Professional service for free anymore :heh:

Plan to go and do the CompTIA Network+ course next and hopefully get that too and should be nicely set up then to get into a job or maybe try move up further to Server+ (assuming I pass the Network of course)

We don't get our grades back for any of the essays we do at Uni this year as it all just goes towards our degree classification but just got feedback on the essay I did for my cognitive neuroscience module and my lecturer loved it. Thought it was detailed, that I put forward a balanced critical argument for what genes do in attention and was well organised and rated it as 'Excellent'.

Obviously don't know how that equates to a grade but that's the top level of feedback he'd say he was giving so it's hopefully a big ol' A which I'm super happy with. A much needed pick me up after the week I've had with my dissertation. Fills me with more confidence in going for a PhD studentship in neuroscience now :D

Well I am off across to the North East tonight to spend the weekend with @flameboy . Been pretty stressed with stuff over the last week/two weeks so I'm Looking forward 2 it! :)

Beers + Games + Films + Whatever else = WIN

Calculating my disseration and it appears that with everything added together so far to get to the minimum word count my discussion has to be 1300 words long which doesn't seem so bad. :)

Looks like we have a new N-E couple for this year's awards.

I'll have you know we had a nomination last year! :awesome:

This isn't exactly good stuff thread, but its stuff and I guess its good.

I was in reception at work today, so (not all my cool stuff with me) and the printer/scanner is absolutely diabolical. We do one week on the phones and one week on admin at my work (with phone work too), anyway, and I am on New Accounts (one of the more in depth tasks), so yesterday we had very little in, we thing the Royal Mail fucked up. The past few weeks or so (run up to tax year end) normal number of accounts is about 10 + 10 approximately. Yesterday we received I think 3 or 4 + 10, which was bugger all. Anyway, had some other stuff come in and such, and it was fine blah blah.

Well today,.....fucking hell. We had about 40 + 20, then about 5 more came in from different areas throughout the day. With that many accounts, about 10 or more were a pain in the backside because (customers are spastics and don't know how to fill in forms), anyway, I did have help, split it with one guy and a couple of other people opened some, but I was absolutely rammed all day, coupled with the annoying printer which slowed everything down...just...ugh. So annoying. BUT, I did it (worked through my lunch too...and both my breaks) and a couple of the managers said "Well done" etc.

Also, my best bud at work got a special (and in frequent) £500 bonus. He is amazing, so deserved it. I am a bit jealous though....its a bit annoying, because when he joined, people getting the bonus just for doing well was commonplace after their probation period...but they don't really do that now. Still I think I might get it....or rather I hope I get it soon, and I truely do think I deserve it, I'm helping people in my team who have been there much longer than me, and I was like...the quickest person to ever be trained on New Accounts admin after phones, always helpful blah blah. And I could really do with the money.

But yeah....good stuff.

Had a bit of a headache by the time I was finished though. Very happy to be home and relaxing now. Off to Brighton this weekend for Claire and I's 7 year anniversary.