NEurope
nightwolf

good stuff thread.

But it is more appropriate in the snowing thread. Ergo it would be better suited in the thread that was made for that purpose.

No, since a simple statement about it snowing would seem irrelevant in a thread dedicated entirely to discussion about snow, thus it is more fitting in this thread.

a simple statement about it snowing would seem irrelevant in a thread dedicated entirely to discussion about snow

Wait, what?

I agree with Danny. Though the best thing of any given day may be subject to a different thread if it still fulfills the requirements of being the best thing of the day it could go in either thread.

As such, Diageo's neck story arose in The Drunken Thread as well (not in nearly as much detail though, and lacking the follow up).

My best thing hasn't happened yet, but tonight I'll get to go hang out with friends for the first time in a month (and a half). Many drinks will be had, though I probably won't be able to get online until sober.

Me and a friend were talking earlier:

Him: Apparently there was a place that had -18 degrees.

Me: In britain?

Him: Yeah somewhere beginning with Pw and had lots of letters.

Me: Lots of Ls and Ds

(Both at exactly the same time): And no vowels.

Guess you had to be there.

Llandudno?

Edit: Actually, I think it was -17 there.

Edited by Cube

Wait, what?

As it is, most forumers are experiencing a lot of snow at the moment. Simply stating that it's snowing is pointless in a whole thread about snow. It would be equally pointless to go into a thread about the Socratic dialectic and say: "I like philosophy."

As it is, most forumers are experiencing a lot of snow at the moment. Simply stating that it's snowing is pointless in a whole thread about snow. It would be equally pointless to go into a thread about the Socratic dialectic and say: "I like philosophy."

But that thread doesn't consist of much apart from people saying that it's snowing, and taking the odd picture. It's not like there's a higher level of snow-based discourse... :heh:

I think Dannyboy is right to put it in here. It's the best thing that happened to him therefore it's completely valid. If he went into a long ramble about what he got up to in the snow and included some pictures then that would have to go in the snowing thread, but the statement on its own is fine here imo.

Best thing to happen to me today - Ben & Jerry's ice cream :santa:

Best thing to happen to me today - Ben & Jerry's ice cream :santa:

Dude that should go in the ice cream thread.

I left work at 5pm and got home at 5pm.

Working from home because of snow ftw.

I left work at 5pm and got home at 5pm.

Working from home because of snow ftw.

Same with the mother, which is not fun.

Went to uncles house to pick up my new iPhone 4, and got fed an enormous meal/ talked about bullshit with aunt.

Always nice to be fussed over.

Went to uncles house to pick up my new iPhone 4, and got fed an enormous meal/ talked about bullshit with aunt.

Always nice to be fussed over.

Discussing your new purchase then?

Best thing today...

Seiji brought Sushi to work for us all.... fucking NOM!

After a lengthy search, I've finally found somewhere that sells a one-person serving of fresh soup, which also displays complete nutritional information. Both joyous and very sad.

I got a modified Advent Calendar from my g/f.

Toy Story 3, because I like Toy Story 3.

But Dairy Milk instead of shit chocolate, melted into the moulds.

Win.

I..just have the shit Toy Story 3 one. :(

But at least I have an advent calender! I'm the envy of everyone I know.*

*probably.

I haven't got one yet :( When food shopping in Tesco yesterday i was on the look out for one, but all they had was Ben 10 and Peppa the Pig....

I don't want that shit :(

No advent calender for me this year :(.

Today it was walking through the snow with friends, it's so thick here it's awesome.