NEurope
nightwolf

good stuff thread.

I got up this morning and I hadn't broken N-Europe forever. Relieving.

Or... I went on the Sheffield Wheel with my Dad and my girlfriend. It was better than expected. The Royal Navy and Sea Cadets were marching past which looked very cool from up high.

A man was killed outside DQ bar early this morning though... went past the crime scene and saw forensics people in full body clean suits. Puts a bit of a dampener on the day!

OK, you didn't ask for best and worse, but its just gotten me in a thoughtful mood.

THIS IS NOT THE HOW WAS YOUR DAY AND/OR MEANINGLESS POST OF THE DAY THREAD

Keep that in mind.

careful :love:

papajohns-logo.jpg

In my opinion the greatest pizza warriors serving this country today.

Without a shadow of a doubt my friend.

It is unfortunate that imposters (Dominos, Pizza Hut) hold more territory (I mean they are nice, but nothing comes anywhere close to Papa)

You are lucky to live in their delivery catchment area. :(

Without a shadow of a doubt my friend.

It is unfortunate that imposters (Dominos, Pizza Hut) hold more territory (I mean they are nice, but nothing comes anywhere close to Papa)

You are lucky to live in their delivery catchment area. :(

I always salute them as I drive or walk past. They truly are the most sauce generous of all the pizza providers. Pizza Hut consists entirely of rank toppings and the Dominos staff are a bunch of lazy oafs, totally throwing any quality they provide to the dogs.

You are still fast food beating me though. Taco Bell? What a questy bastard you truly are.

THIS IS NOT THE HOW WAS YOUR DAY AND/OR MEANINGLESS POST OF THE DAY THREAD

Keep that in mind.

If people post positive experiences from their day and thus bring more positivity to the forum, I really couldn't care less about forum policy. DO YOU WANT TO BRING MISERY TO THE FORUM, HUH, ASHLEY? DO YOU?

Needless to say, I love the idea, Wolfy! It has already made me happy reading about people's joy. :D

Yesterday was a great day: I secured myself one of the first 10 copies of Abney Park's new CD, signed and numbered - before their server crashed due to too much traffic, even! :D (At least I hope so - I have this paranoid thought: "What if my order was lost in the chaos?" But that's most likely just me.) Then I went to a friend's birthday party where great food was eaten, Twister and Limbo were played, and general funtiems were had.

Today, while driving home from the party, I got to spend time with probably my two best friends who moved far, far away (or so it feels) some time ago. It was wonderful. :)

Today I went to a CIDER festival in Lewes. No beer, just cider! I only had two and a half pints in 5 hours, but I had a great time. AND THEY HAD MEAD! I bought two pints of mead. I will be merry for ages. I won my girlfriend a little turtle teddy bear thing that reminded me of an old alient pod teddy i had as a kid.

Also, got two episodes of Smallville to watch (shorty tells me ep4 is awesomz) and UFC 120 as well.

MEAD!

MEAD!!!

If people post positive experiences from their day and thus bring more positivity to the forum, I really couldn't care less about forum policy. DO YOU WANT TO BRING MISERY TO THE FORUM, HUH, ASHLEY? DO YOU?

No. That's why I replied to the thread.

But upon seeing "Nothing good has happened but [such and such shit thing] did" is frankly flying in the face of what the thread is supposed to be about and an attempt at back door HYWDing.

No. That's why I replied to the thread.

But upon seeing "Nothing good has happened but [such and such shit thing] did" is frankly flying in the face of what the thread is supposed to be about and an attempt at back door HYWDing.

Oh, I definitely agree.

No bad experiences in here, people!

The best thing to happen to me today has changed. I remembered that whilst away I wrote on my own wall to remind me to make an avatar and signature with the theme of Mountain Dew Baja Blast.

This picture (from another Baja Blast fan) sums up the drink very nicely. I loved this picture so much, I laughed and saved it into my favourite pictures file. :)

mountain_dew_baja_blast_heaven3.png

One of my best friends rang me yesterday to inform me she will be back (from uni) in a few days for a whole week of BURGERS, POKéMON, DANCING STAGE AND CIDER!

My heart stopped for a second, then I stared at my clock wishing time would go faster.

Best thing today - my Visa application form came through! With a bit of luck and trickery I'll be all set for a big change in a few weeks time.

I'm glad to see so many of you finding positive stuff in your days <3.

My interview went well and I get to go out and celebrate later woot! :D

I got home from work/gym today and got my mail. o2 sent me a free bar of (fairtrade) chocolate! Wooo.

I was also at the gym enjoying the burn. Eeet ees gooooood.

I went on the Sheffield Wheel with my Dad and my girlfriend. It was better than expected.

The Sheffield Wheel is hilarious, it's like a dodgy copy of the London Eye. The best bit is when they take a picture of you standing on the ground and try and sell it to you. :heh: And did you notice how one of the capsules is made of one-way glass? Mysterious...

MEAD!

MEAD!!!

Norfolk mead? I have half a bottle of that to finish. But whatever the mead, it's good stuff.

Anyway, I tried and failed to post this yesterday, when the best thing I'd done was cook and eat a sirloin steak. Today by contrast, I'm not so sure... maybe learning about Plato's Cratylus dialogue?

Edited by Supergrunch

The Sheffield Wheel is hilarious, it's like a dodgy copy of the London Eye. The best bit is when they take a picture of you standing on the ground and try and sell it to you. :heh: And did you notice how one of the capsules is made of one-way glass? Mysterious...
Yeah we said no-thanks to the picture. Being a local, I'd already walked past the "picture pack £20!" signs on the back many times.

The tinted glass capsule is the VIP one, it has a TV screen and a fridge and some bubbly.

I didn't think it was dodgy really, I got to see the Uni from up high, you could see all 7 hills very clearly and at least two of the rivers - as well as all the way to my house in one direction and all the way to meadowhall in the other. Plus all of Hallam uni, most of Sheffield Uni and the new college building. Shame that the huge new building on Arundel gate blocks the view of the student Union but otherwise it was as nice experience :) It's coming down at the end of the month so I'm glad I got a go before it disappears.

The London eye is very expensive and shows you views you can see from several of the tall buildings anyway :heh:

Plus, I just went to http://www.londoneye.com/, put in that my name was "Count Dracula" and it told me that my Vampire name was Ambrogic Lioncourt. Mega fail.

Edited by Shorty

Inside a Harry Potter book?

Yup. Inside two, actually. I managed to get it both in my Danish and English edition of Philosopher's Stone.

I have it in a first edition Goblet of Fire - which would be worth money apparently, but it was my reading copy, so has a bent spine and stuff. Why didn't my mum buy me an extra to ruin? :(