NEurope
nightwolf

good stuff thread.

Congrats! Prepare for exhaustion.

Ours is 9 months old and such a character now. Are you allowed in to the ward to see the baby? We had our baby shortly before lockdown came in, really lucky in that sense.
I was allowed in for most of the day, so it wasn't too bad.

We're home now though, and it's absolutely terrifying so far!

9 hours ago, bob said:

I was allowed in for most of the day, so it wasn't too bad.

That's good, I wasn't allowed in for the birth which I was pretty upset about.

9 hours ago, bob said:

We're home now though, and it's absolutely terrifying so far!

I remember that well! Had absolutely no idea what we were doing but you quickly get the hang of it, in a few weeks it will all feel totally natural.

• Like 1

On 09/11/2020 at 3:39 AM, Will said:

That's good, I wasn't allowed in for the birth which I was pretty upset about.

I remember that well! Had absolutely no idea what we were doing but you quickly get the hang of it, in a few weeks it will all feel totally natural.

I just kept thinking that literal idiots can raise children so surely I could.

Congrats @bob!

• Like 1

I keep thinking of those nutters that have 13 children and tell myself that we should be able to look after just one.

Two weeks of lab work are now behind me.

To get the negative out of the way: I expected faster work from myself. The experiment took a little longer than I hoped.
I guess I should've expected that...most of the stuff I had to do I have already done in a practical course but that was 5 years ago. I remembered a bit but not enough to work without help. It's also a new environment to work in. 

Still...it kind of bothers me.

Other than that: The lab work is fun. To actually do research and experiments with new results (as compared to practical courses in which you just "follow orders" and do what has been done numerous times before) is awesome.

Getting those first results and evaluating them...it was fun :D 

Now onto next week. Already thought about what I wanna do (pretty much the same experiment but with different chemicals to compare results). Can't wait :peace: 

Oh and, congrats @bob:) 

Edited by drahkon

Congrats @bob!
I hope your wife and child are doing fine and that you are slowly getting used to parenthood! :) 

As I've been furloughed for just over a week, I decided to try and get an Etsy shop going again. I've uploaded my old Christmas card stock which I never got to sell, and added one set of new cards. The only person who has bought any so far is my sister haha. :laughing:
(Not going to plug my store as I think it's against the rules, but if anyone is interested, just let me know!)

But on top of that, I've started making some family portraits. I've started with my sisters' families so I would have some examples to put up on my shop. They were really happy with them and said they were very recognisable, which was something I was worried about! I'm hoping I can get a few of these done if people are interested. It won't pay the bills, but it will help and hopefully help me mentally as well to keep busy. :) 

uGEWsZh.jpgskBIw2n.jpg

Obviously I've changed the names to something generic and English haha. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Eenuh said:

(Not going to plug my store as I think it's against the rules, but if anyone is interested, just let me know!)

We're all (well mostly) friends here, feel free to share the link!

They look great by the way. 

7 minutes ago, Cube said:

We're all (well mostly) friends here, feel free to share the link!

They look great by the way. 

Ok then! :) 

My Etsy Shop

Might also share the one I made a while ago for our upcoming (but possibly postponed) wedding:

6APYeV6.png

Edited by Eenuh
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Congrats [mention=229]bob[/mention]!

I hope your wife and child are doing fine and that you are slowly getting used to parenthood!  

As I've been furloughed for just over a week, I decided to try and get an Etsy shop going again. I've uploaded my old Christmas card stock which I never got to sell, and added one set of new cards. The only person who has bought any so far is my sister haha. :laughing:

But on top of that, I've started making some family portraits. I've started with my sisters' families so I would have some examples to put up on my shop. They were really happy with them and said they were very recognisable, which was something I was worried about! I'm hoping I can get a few of these done if people are interested. It won't pay the bills, but it will help and hopefully help me mentally as well to keep busy.  

uGEWsZh.jpgskBIw2n.jpg

I will pay good money for one of these. Are they available on your Etsy shop? Can you draw guinea pigs?

Edit: I've just bought one! How does this work, do I send you a photo, or do you just make up what you think we look like?

8 minutes ago, Eenuh said:

My Etsy Shop

il_1140xN.2635858934_mzd8.jpg

Are these new? Haven't seen them before. (Edit: Just saw that you added a new set of Christmas cards, so I assume this is it :D)

They're awesome!

Do you still ship to Germany now that you've been living in the UK for 800 years? I think the last time I ordered from you, you were still living in Belgium?
I might buy two cards for Christmas :)

Edited by drahkon

2 minutes ago, bob said:
53 minutes ago, Eenuh said:
Congrats [mention=229]bob[/mention]!
I hope your wife and child are doing fine and that you are slowly getting used to parenthood! emoji4.png 

But on top of that, I've started making some family portraits. I've started with my sisters' families so I would have some examples to put up on my shop. They were really happy with them and said they were very recognisable, which was something I was worried about! I'm hoping I can get a few of these done if people are interested. It won't pay the bills, but it will help and hopefully help me mentally as well to keep busy. emoji4.png 

uGEWsZh.jpgskBIw2n.jpg

I will pay good money for one of these. Are they available on your Etsy shop? Can you draw guinea pigs?

Hahaha yes, I should be able to draw guinea pigs! :D
The listing for a portrait is on my Etsy shop, though you can also email me directly to get it all sorted (and to send me photos of your family so I can draw them). I'll send you a PM. :) 

1 minute ago, drahkon said:

il_1140xN.2635858934_mzd8.jpg

Are these new? Haven't seen them before?

They're awesome!

Do you still ship to Germany now that you've been living in the UK for 800 years? I think the last time I ordered from you, you were still living in Belgium?
I might buy two cards for Christmas :)

Yeah, that's the new set I made!
I can send to Germany if you want, I think I did the last few times you ordered as well haha. If you want, you can PM me which ones you would like. :) 

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Eenuh said:

My Etsy Shop

Might also share the one I made a while ago for our upcoming (but possibly postponed) wedding:

6APYeV6.png

Oh, the Christmas cards are really nice, lovely art work. Haven't gotten around to sorting that side of Christmas out (have finished all the other shopping though) but really like the look of them, especially the Warm Wishes card. Possibly moving house this week/next week but will see what the missus says as they'd be great for the small amount of family I usually send cards around.

-----------

After all the issues at my flat, we had a flat viewing on Tuesday that was awful but I've not long come back from another viewing this morning and the flat is just perfect. It means moving back into Dundee City centre, as opposed to being more rural, but that might help woth job prospects seeing as I'd have more access what with not driving. The flat is also just amazing, fully furnished (and its pretty much done to the taste that my partner and I have), no issues or problems with it or anything and its quiet and all for a measly £380 a month (I was shocked at how good it was and that its fully furnished in the city centre for that. Hell, there'seven 2 bottles of Prosecco in the fridge that we get with the flat as well). We phoned to say we wanted to take it literally a minute after leaving the viewing.

We submitted our application and we're just hoping that we get it as we need to get away from the downstairs neighbour that's causing bother and because its just such a nice flat.

So fingers crossed we hear some good news back. Would mean moving next week but I can deal with that as the flat really is great.

Edited by Ganepark32

5 minutes ago, Ganepark32 said:

Possibly moving house this week/next week but will see what the missus says as they'd be great for the small amount of family I usually send cards around.

Pff, don't ask your lady. :p
Just buy the cards. They are amazing :peace:

31 minutes ago, Eenuh said:

If you want, you can PM me which ones you would like. :) 

I'll have to get back to you at the end of the month when I get money. With the PS5 coming up funds are little tight :D

Edited by drahkon
  • Like 1

Love those family portraits, @Eenuh! I’d definitely like one too if you have time in your schedule.

• Like 2

On 13/11/2020 at 1:01 PM, Eenuh said:

My Etsy Shop

6APYeV6.png

Can I speak to you about getting one of these next year when (3rd times the charm) my partner and I finally get married? I'd love to get an a4 size possibly. Its lovely.

In the mean time I actually found one of your Christmas cards from the last time you did them that I hadn't sent! <3 

Checked on the price of Bitcoin for the first time in a while, and it seems to have gone insane.

Sold off another sliver of what I own, which should be a nice Christmas bonus, but going to leave the rest and see what happens.

2 hours ago, bob said:

Checked on the price of Bitcoin for the first time in a while, and it seems to have gone insane.

Sold off another sliver of what I own, which should be a nice Christmas bonus, but going to leave the rest and see what happens.

Been thinking of doing the same but I only have about $900 worth. Quite like just holding on to it but would be a nice little bonus to buy something nice.

Sold my PS4 Pro this morning.
I put it up on "ebay Kleinanzeigen" (Gumtree might be the UK equivalent?) for 270€ and got a message from someone asking if he could take a look at the console.
Didn't know that that person was a 13 year old kid. His dad accompanied him but he let the kid do the talking/negotiating :D While he was trying out and inspecting the console I talked to his dad and he said that his son wanted a PS4 for Christmas. He also told me that he'd just be there so his son wouldn't be taken advantage off regarding the price. He wanted his son to handle the transaction because it's his own money. Gotta take matters into his own hands.

Kid was happy with the console. He tried Tearaway and it was pretty clear that he never played a console game before :o I asked him and he said he only had a Game Boy Advance and an old PC up to this point.
He asked me if I'd be willing to sell for 200€. I told him that's a little too low, but I'd go for 230€. After a quick look to his dad (and him nodding in approval) he said: "It's a deal!", smiling from ear to ear :D

I packed up the console, told him to let his dad carry it to the car and gave him Tearaway, Dragon Quest Heroes and Rachet and Clank. He asked "how much?" and I told him it's a gift. Seemed to have made his day :D

Looks like somebody has entered the console playground :peace:

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Handed in my keys to my now old flat the other day and it's like a weight has been lifted from mine and my partner's shoulders. We'd been there for just shy of 3 years but the last 4 months had been super stressful with a volatile neighbour. Thankfully, its not something we need to worry about any more. Just waiting on the deposit to be sorted but the flat was cleaned head to toe by me (my partner was sleeping for 6 nights shifts in a row so I just got it done) and they failed to place it into a safe deposit scheme within 30 business days (9 and a half months it took them and we continually asked them to do it over that period) so they don't really have any claim to it.

Still, its been great to be free of the place and both myself and my partner have been more happy and smiling more than we have done for months. Just waiting on our new flat being renovated (should be mid to end of January) and staying with the in laws but its been so good to finally get free of the place. And even sorting out cancelling services was easy as anything, even got a sweet new deal with Virgin Media to carry on our 100mb connection at a price that was cheaper than what they were offering new customers at the time and cheaper than what we had been paying (£25 down from £37.50).

So yeah, happy to have the prospect of a new place on the horizon and just looking forward to getting moved and settled.

• Like 1

Good god @Ganepark32 I hope the next place is better for you, what a riot its been! 

In news for me, I finally bit the bullet and rang a private hospital on Wednesday, pretty pleased with myself as normally ringing medical practises leaves me in a mess on the floor (lots of trauma from how the NHS treated me in 2016/2017), the secretary I spoke too was lovely and now I'm just waiting to see if this consultant is the right person to move this stuff forward.

Its a little scary to think about how much this is going to cost (I guess this can go in the bad news bit) and I'm still sort of struggling with the whole *gestures* thing, but its got to be better than right now. Right?