NEurope
nightwolf

good stuff thread.

2 minutes ago, Fierce_LiNk said:

I remember the Lotus! Was that seriously 11 years ago?! Looked super awesome to drive.

It was awesome! So many good memories of that car, I miss it a lot.

Decided to go out tonight. First time since March.

Will go to a cocktail bar with a few friends and just enjoy the ride :D Interesting times indeed.

Have fun!

I’ve been out twice since our lockdown finished and it’s actually been really nice. Have been to a couple of bars that are usually quite touristy but of course there are no tourists around at the moment. Means that they’re nicely quiet and much more relaxed than usual. I almost wish the travel bans would never end.

• Like 1

This is for you. Just you.
FLoGl6U.jpg
It's too late. I've seen everything.
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, drahkon said:

Decided to go out tonight.

Well... I drank way too much :laughing:

• Haha 1

One of my closest friends is getting married in New York in 11 days. Trying to figure out how to get a gift to them that quickly. Plus it doesn't help they're going upstate somewhere so probably would need to be the day before 🤔

They set the date today. I've not just been procrastinating. 

It's raining like crazy, it's cooling down.

Perfect.

Gonna stay up for a while to watch the show and enjoy 25°C, instead of the 37°C we've had over the past few days.

This is the weather I live for.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, drahkon said:

It's raining like crazy, it's cooling down.

Just seen some brilliant flashes of lightning off in the distance completely lighting up the sky (a lot of clouds hanging over us right now by the looks of things), with an almost inaudibly quiet rumble of thunder.  Hopefully that means we'll be joining you in enjoying a cooler time soon! :D 

I love being out in the sun, but boy is the humidity it brings about indoors in the middle of summer not for me. Today was definitely the most uncomfortable I've felt working from home so far. And that's saying something, seeing as I hate working from home, guess the trick is that I'm always uncomfortable :p

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ashley said:

One of my closest friends is getting married in New York in 11 days. Trying to figure out how to get a gift to them that quickly. Plus it doesn't help they're going upstate somewhere so probably would need to be the day before 🤔

Hopefully the post is a bit quicker in that direction. Both Japan-Singapore and Singapore-UK seem to be up around 6 weeks no matter what you send at the moment.

12 hours ago, Julius said:

Just seen some brilliant flashes of lightning off in the distance completely lighting up the sky (a lot of clouds hanging over us right now by the looks of things), with an almost inaudibly quiet rumble of thunder.  Hopefully that means we'll be joining you in enjoying a cooler time soon! :D 

I love being out in the sun, but boy is the humidity it brings about indoors in the middle of summer not for me. Today was definitely the most uncomfortable I've felt working from home so far. And that's saying something, seeing as I hate working from home, guess the trick is that I'm always uncomfortable :p

An update on this, it's actually hotter than it was yesterday... :cry:

WHY GIVE ME THAT FALSE HOPE WORLD? WHYYYYYYY?! 

Edited by Julius
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Julius said:

An update on this, it's actually hotter than it was yesterday... 

Here it's pretty much as hot as it was yesterday at noon.

According to the forecast it'll be 25°C the entire next week. Would be a dream. Until then...35°C it is :(

17 hours ago, Ashley said:

They set the date today. I've not just been procrastinating. 

You could look at ordering from an American shop and getting it delivered straight to them.

13 hours ago, will' said:

Hopefully the post is a bit quicker in that direction. Both Japan-Singapore and Singapore-UK seem to be up around 6 weeks no matter what you send at the moment.

Posted some cards earlier. Fingers crossed!

38 minutes ago, Cube said:

You could look at ordering from an American shop and getting it delivered straight to them.

Yeah I'm thinking of something like that but unsure what. Probably cake or flowers. 

Hopefully I'll get to see them next year and do something proper then. Was meant to be this year but you know...

8 hours ago, Julius said:

An update on this, it's actually hotter than it was yesterday... :cry:

WHY GIVE ME THAT FALSE HOPE WORLD? WHYYYYYYY?! 

A second update: the lighting has returned, the thunder is very audible, and there are thick and heavy grey clouds hanging over my area. I can already feel that the air has cooled. 

Let this be it! Just checked the forecast and they're saying rain and thunderstorms for the next week... PLEASE :bouncy:

Update to the update to the update: IT'S RAINING :yay:

Edited by Julius
  • Like 2

Looks like I'll be able to start working on a Bachelor thesis next semester. I've now reached the required credit points to start.

Managed to leave quite a positive impression with an institute at our university (it's the institute for Molecular Biotechnology) during a seminar. I asked beforehand if they got a topic to work with and the person responsible told me that she could find one for me. :) 
There's still the possibility that Covid-19 fucks it all up, though. Fingers crossed that it won't.

Anyways, I still have quite a few exams to pass so even if I can start working on my thesis I won't be done for a while. Gonna take me one more year to get a degree (don't ask me how long I've been a Bachelor student :blush:).

• Like 2

Aaaand just got an email that the lady in charge already planned with me :D 

Gotta meet with her soon to talk out the details (topic, when I'll start, and all that jazz). :peace: 

Today is a good day.

• Like 3

Got the topic for my Bachelor's thesis. Well, a general idea behind the topic, the exact wording needs to be figured out.

Going to work with plant viruses and try to assess whether it's possible to "clean them up" in a cheaper manner than ultracentrifugation (which is very expensive). :)

I'll be able to start working on that in October :bouncy:

• Like 2

Got the topic for my Bachelor's thesis. Well, a general idea behind the topic, the exact wording needs to be figured out.
Going to work with plant viruses and try to assess whether it's possible to "clean them up" in a cheaper manner than ultracentrifugation (which is very expensive).
I'll be able to start working on that in October :bouncy:
You are in science? Didn't know that.

6 minutes ago, Sheikah said:

You are in science? Didn't know that.

I've been a Bachelor student in Molecular Biotechnology for way too long (7 years...) now. :blush:

I plan to get my Bachelor's degree next summer and start my Master's after that. We'll see how that'll work out. For now I'm happy to be able to work on my thesis soon :)

• Like 2

How vile. Was anyone asking for those back?

That's Jamie Oliver's legacy undone!

I’ve never had one nor even heard of them, but they look like the kind of thing that would be disgustingly delicious though. 

Those waffles don’t look properly cooked mind.

• Like 1

I’ve never had one nor even heard of them, but they look like the kind of thing that would be disgustingly delicious though. 

I tried them once. Just disgusting and not delicious.

Apparently they dropped the salt/sugar content in the rebooted version.

Got to agree with you on the waffles too, thought they looked a bit anemic.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, will' said:

They are disgustingly delicious.

Oven cooked potato things are strange, you can never tell if they're going to cook as per the instructions or require 20 extra minutes.