NEurope
nightwolf

good stuff thread.

1 minute ago, EEVILMURRAY said:

It's people like you not practising social distancing which is only going to make things worse. TWO METRES BOY.

Sorry to hear about your "friends" though, bollocks to 'em.

I knew someone would make a joke out of that but couldn't think of another way of saying it at the time, haha. 

• Weird 1

I PASSED MY TWO THEORY EXAMS FOR THE PERSONAL TRAINER COURSE!!!!!!

I am so bloody happy! The one I was pretty confident in (Nutrition for Clients) because, y'know, food, but the other (Advanced Anatomy and Physiology) was something I was nervous about. I needed 90% to pass and ended up getting 93% on Nutrition and 94% on Anatomy and Physiology!

Now all I need to do is wait for the gyms to re-open to do my practical observation for Level 2 and Level 3, which is a mock session with a client, and I'm qualified! I can't believe I'm so close!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

My friend in Australia messaged just as I was about to go to bed last night to see if I was free for a chat and it was exactly what I needed.

We've had an unconventional history but he's ended up becoming a close friend and it really sucked when he moved back to Australia in February. I spent a lot of time with him and his kids last summer and I've come to miss that. But anyway, it was good to catch up and feel like I've got some company. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

content.png

I think my therapist would disagree but thanks I guess?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, bob said:

Saw this and thought of@Fierce_LiNk 1fef616aa9d482bb2f6c7fa7b3908701.jpg

I want to beleaf!

(Is that what you mean? If not, I don't get it! :heh:)

1 hour ago, Fierce_LiNk said:

I want to beleaf!

(Is that what you mean? If not, I don't get it! :heh:)

It's obviously because I know you like unsweetened oat drink, duh.

I went to a bar and god it's good to do something to just relax (I did a bit of work while but then relaxed after).

I didn't intend to for weeks but I went for a walk and walked past a place with nobody in so I had a drink outside. More people arrived of course but I managed to keep a distance.

It made me realise the last time I did something like that was in Buenos Aires, which then resulted in a mixed feeling of happiness and sadness. I met someone there and they surprised me on my last day (which was meh because of having to leave early) and it just made me think of that, but also the emotions of having to leave etc. When we were sat in there at some point the police appeared outside and hung around for a while and I started to get a bit worried because earlier in the day the police had stopped me and asked questions (at this point quarantining was mandatory for new arrivals but I'd been there a while) and it naturally made me a bit on edge. And then they saw me off in a sweet and romantic way and I was sat in the taxi and they were playing classical music which reminded me of my ex (as they were into it)...suffice it was a day of big emotions and even just going to a bar again reminded me of it. In spire of all that it was good, it felt like such a relief to feel somewhat normal again.

Sounds like a nice way to spend an afternoon.

It’s the same kind of thing for me since they eased the lockdown here, it’s nice just to go out and feel normal again. I’ve met up with a friend a couple of times just to have a few drinks and talk rubbish again, You can do it on vid-con, it’s just not quite the same.

Hopefully things continue to get better and we’re not like this for too much longer.

5 minutes ago, will' said:

Sounds like a nice way to spend an afternoon.

It’s the same kind of thing for me since they eased the lockdown here, it’s nice just to go out and feel normal again. I’ve met up with a friend a couple of times just to have a few drinks and talk rubbish again, You can do it on vid-con, it’s just not quite the same.

Hopefully things continue to get better and we’re not like this for too much longer.

I was holding myself back because I'm still going home to help my nan after she broke her arm recently. I'm going to supermarkets and using public transport to get back so I know it's not perfect but trying to lower the possibilities where I can, but seeing an empty bar I figured why not.

Phoned a friend while there and he mentioned his partner may be joining him in Greece for a few weeks soon and offered me his place. I wasn't planning to go back to London soon but may take advantage of a space to myself in London. Other than a friend/former colleague about 6 weeks ago I've not seen a friend since February 29th. Will be good to hopefully see some people in London.

Felt some more normality today since lockdown eased.  Ventured out of Newport for the first time since March 22nd and went to my parents house, but made a visit to a friends house first.  He's been stuck in his parents place since this all started, only seeing the same 2 faces day in day out.  Took a bottle of rum over, we shared a drink (I bought a glass, he had his own too).

Spent the rest of the afternoon at my parents, sister popped over (say popped over, my Dad went to get her, her baby and her partner).  Had a BBQ and a few beers, the day felt like a piece of normality (at 2m apart in the garden)

8 minutes ago, Jimbob said:

Felt some more normality today since lockdown eased.  Ventured out of Newport for the first time since March 22nd and went to my parents house, but made a visit to a friends house first.  He's been stuck in his parents place since this all started, only seeing the same 2 faces day in day out.  Took a bottle of rum over, we shared a drink (I bought a glass, he had his own too).

Spent the rest of the afternoon at my parents, sister popped over (say popped over, my Dad went to get her, her baby and her partner).  Had a BBQ and a few beers, the day felt like a piece of normality (at 2m apart in the garden)

Funny I went to my family's house for a BBQ today too (its a bank holiday weekend in NI so we always do that).  Having that change of scenery was definitely nice!

• Like 1

Life is good and so are all of you. 

Never forget that ♥. 

But for me today, finished watching mysteries unsolved on Netflix, which was great, and now I'm trying to work out and solve all these mysterious cases.. 

• Like 3

I get a car through work (still have to pay for it, but there are benefits to it) and today's the day when I get a new one. It's every three years, so it's quite an exciting thing. Unfortunately/fortunately I'm getting the same car as last time as we've enjoyed it so much. So I'll be saying goodbye to my Civic and hello to my new Civic. The twist? Goodbye sonic grey, and hello brilliant sporty blue!

@Goafer did you know we had similar cars? (Or at least one of yours - see how I know you have more than 1 car?) Remember, I'm James Pike. Do you even care about me as a person? Eh? EH? EH?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Mr_Odwin said:

I get a car through work (still have to pay for it, but there are benefits to it) and today's the day when I get a new one. It's every three years, so it's quite an exciting thing. Unfortunately/fortunately I'm getting the same car as last time as we've enjoyed it so much. So I'll be saying goodbye to my Civic and hello to my new Civic. The twist? Goodbye sonic grey, and hello brilliant sporty blue!

@Goafer did you know we had similar cars? (Or at least one of yours - see how I know you have more than 1 car?) Remember, I'm James Pike. Do you even care about me as a person? Eh? EH? EH?

Ooh, nice. Of course, I require photos. Civics are life.

If anything, the fact that I know you more as a real person than an internet name shows that I truly care. That's the angle I'm going with. Is it working?

Old car being cleaned by the plebs:

5ckWll1.jpg

New car:

4oUcJ2y.jpg

It's almost exactly the same car. It's had a very small face-lift to the front. But we liked the last one and that's why we went with it again. You get so much tech in the basic model, I love it. It's also ridiculously practical for a family car - boot is massive.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Mr_Odwin said:

Old car being cleaned by the plebs:

5ckWll1.jpg

New car:

4oUcJ2y.jpg

It's almost exactly the same car. It's had a very small face-lift to the front. But we liked the last one and that's why we went with it again. You get so much tech in the basic model, I love it. It's also ridiculously practical for a family car - boot is massive.

Mirin' the number plate. 

"What's your car's registration number, bruv?"
"Black box..."

Nice car. Love the colour. Can we have a picture of you inside it, posing, please?

14 minutes ago, Fierce_LiNk said:

Can we have a picture of you inside it, posing, please?

This is for you. Just you.

FLoGl6U.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Looking good! 

I feel like maybe this would make threads like this more interesting, having to post an action picture of yourself to demonstrate things.

I totally love new car day, it’s been 11 and a half years since I last experienced it :-(

2 minutes ago, will' said:

Looking good! 

I feel like maybe this would make threads like this more interesting, having to post an action picture of yourself to demonstrate things.

I totally love new car day, it’s been 11 and a half years since I last experienced it :-(

Was that the Lotus? I think that might feel a cut above a family car!

2 minutes ago, will' said:

Looking good! 

The newest car I've ever owned was my 2005 Fiesta ST, which was 7 years old when I bought it.

If we go by manufacture date, my Passat is the newest (07 plate), but it was 13 years old when I got it.

My super sensible approach to cars is to buy several shitters and hope one works. I am the master of wise financial decisions.

I remember the Lotus! Was that seriously 11 years ago?! Looked super awesome to drive.

2 minutes ago, Mr_Odwin said:

Was that the Lotus? I think that might feel a cut above a family car!

It was, the boot space was terrible!

3 minutes ago, Goafer said:

The newest car I've ever owned was my 2005 Fiesta ST, which was 7 years old when I bought it.

If we go by manufacture date, my Passat is the newest (07 plate), but it was 13 years old when I got it.

My super sensible approach to cars is to buy several shitters and hope one works. I am the master of wise financial decisions.

There’s a lot to be said for the “old but new to me” smell too. I doubt I’ll ever buy a new car again unless I start earning crazy money. I have a few ideas for my next car, just need to get out of Singapore first.

• Like 1