NEurope
nightwolf

good stuff thread.

We've done 3 escape rooms recently, always with a team of 4 (of which the 4th person was always someone different, so the group dynamic changes slightly, but that keeps it interesting!). Jim and I have so far managed to escape all of the rooms in time, though we have had times where a puzzle would take us ages to figure out! The theme's have been Time Travel Scientist stuff, Ace Ventura and Steampunk Circus.

Really enjoying these escape rooms though, and we have our next one booked in October. I think it's a Hannibal themed one. Looking forward to it. :D

• Like 1

The Ace Ventura theme is a bit unusual, and a bit of a random movie/theme to choose for an escape room. I had to double check that I had heard it correctly when our friend mentioned it. But, the actual escape room itself was cool and very different to the other two which we have done. It's true to the "When Nature Calls" film and has a more tactile approach compared to other escape rooms. You have to touch everything and check all of the panels, pull everything that you see, etc. This one puzzle took us aaaaaages, around 20 minutes to solve and in the end the solution was quite simple and we had just spent a bit too much time over-thinking it.

The last one we did was my least favourite so far. The theming was great, but it was a bit toooo dark inside and was very hot due to the weather. The opening and ending puzzles were great, but there was this big puzzle that we had to solve in the middle that took us ages and we were stuck for so long. One of the clues was very misleading due to the wording of it, and I don't think it was meant to be genuinely misleading on purpose. We still (somehow) made it out.

So yeah, a big fan of these. Looking forward to the next one. :D 

• Like 1

The last one we did was my least favourite so far. The theming was great, but it was a bit toooo dark inside and was very hot due to the weather.  

Kinda hot in these rhinos....

...WARM!

• Haha 2

It's only 20°C outside and it'll stay that way for the day. :) 

Much better than the past few days.

In other news: I got accepted to attend a large event from the European Student Forum I'm a part of in Istanbul next October. Paid the participation fee already. Now I need to find cheep flights to and from Istanbul.

Went to Alton Towers with my girlfriend and some of her family. I hadn't been on a roller coaster for around 10 years.it was wet and fairly cold but it was still awesome. Also meant low wait times.

Started with Soinball Whizzer, which still has Sonic characters and music, then straight to the smiler. Did all the big ones except for Galactica), which was down the whole time we were in that area (and a good deal after). The Wicker Man was really good, and very thematic. 

At the end went back to the Smiler and got straight on with no waiting (the front seats this time too).

At the end went back to the Smiler and got straight on with no waiting (the front seats this time too).

Brave man.
  • Like 1

Awwwwwwww :D 

Congratulations Kav :) 

Edited by drahkon
  • Thanks 1

Very, very stressful time in my life.

I work 3-4 days a week to earn money.

And I work 7 days a week for my voluntary activity. Organizing the introduction week for international students comint to our university and leading two workshops per week to prepare people to be freshmen tutors during that week.

I'm lucky if I can get 7 hours of sleep once per week. :D 

It's stressful and exhausting but fun. My first experience with an event this big and I enjoy it. :) 

On 9/11/2018 at 6:04 PM, drahkon said:

Organizing the introduction week for international students coming to our university

Well...the introduction week has officially started yesterday and I'm amazed that I have some time at home to relax.

Yesterday I had to divide 250 international students into groups and "assign" them to tutor groups. :D It was a lot of fun.

The remainder of the day was spent planning our Pubcrawl which will take place tomorrow. Biggest event of the week, 300 participants going around our city playing games at 5 stations (with and without alcohol) and after that a huge party.
I'm currently handling 4000€ to buy drinks, materials and so much more. Gonna be a stressful day. But we have an awesome team with lots of experience and they help me so much. It's great :) 

I'm very nervous still about the Pubcrawl. Really hope it'll run smoothly. 

First time I'm organizing an event/week this big and my goodness, I don't sleep well :laughing: 

Anyways. I'm off to work. See you on the other side :D 

• Like 1

On 9/25/2018 at 10:53 AM, drahkon said:

I'm very nervous still about the Pubcrawl. Really hope it'll run smoothly. 

People enjoyed it, got drunk and went nuts :D I'd say it was a success.

Had a couple of stressful hours at the end of the Pubcrawl because we had to collect the excess drinks and get the afterparty going at the same time. But our team pulled it off.

At about 00.30 I had the time to finally relax and drink...and I drank a lot in 30 minutes...went to the party and had a great time. 

Made out with a lady, we later went to her place and it was quite the wonderful night. The kissing didn't stop but we also talked a lot. It was lovely. When I'm back from Istanbul in two weeks I'll ask her out :) 

All in all, great day :D 

Now there's one more huge party to plan for Saturday. But we have a place and a DJ already. We "just" need to spend about 2000€ for drinks and deliver them to the party :laughing: 

• Like 1

Aaaaaand the week is over.

Exhausting, awesome and fun. Already looking forward to doing it next semester.

I'm now at home and have about 2 hours of time to relax and pack my luggage. Off to Istanbul later tonight :D 

This page of the thread is basically just drahkon's blog :p doesn't anyone else have anything good going on?

I went to Spain last month with some friends, had a great time :) lots of great food and wine and good evenings, hanging out in a villa with our own pool and hot tub.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Shorty said:

This page of the thread is basically just drahkon's blog :p doesn't anyone else have anything good going on?

Well, I mean, Kav did have a baby...

And Bob ate some chicken nuggets!

Good times.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Weird 1

Things are going well for me, girlfriend is pretty much living at mine now, we went to London recently, lots of great food, museums and the Harry Potter studio tour.

Oh, and Cat Cafe.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I’m moving house :bouncy:

Went to see a room on Sunday and got a message a few hours ago saying it was mine if I wanted it. Hopefully moving on the 20th so it’s all happening pretty quick.
Will be going from a shared house with 5 other people to a slightly larger house living with just the landlord, who seems like a really nice guy and likes his games and movies so think we should get on great. It’s also slightly closer to work.
Just cannot wait now and am already planning on what to do with my room :p

• Like 1

Back from Istanbul. What a fucking incredible week.

Learned a lot of things about our initiative, I met lots and lots of new people, got drunk every night, slept for about 3 hours every night on average and enjoyed everything I've done in Istanbul. :) 

Now I'm at home, exhausted (trip from Istanbul to my hometown took 22 hours) and will go to sleep. :D 

On 02/10/2018 at 1:17 PM, Shorty said:

Well I’m in Sheffield this weekend coaching at the Trampoline & DMT English Championships. Whether it’s a good weekend depends on how well our talented club member does! Fingers crossed for a great performance in the morning!

On 02/08/2018 at 2:14 PM, Eenuh said:

We've done 3 escape rooms recently, always with a team of 4 (of which the 4th person was always someone different, so the group dynamic changes slightly, but that keeps it interesting!). Jim and I have so far managed to escape all of the rooms in time, though we have had times where a puzzle would take us ages to figure out! The theme's have been Time Travel Scientist stuff, Ace Ventura and Steampunk Circus.

Really enjoying these escape rooms though, and we have our next one booked in October. I think it's a Hannibal themed one. Looking forward to it. :D

Went to another one last week.

Was Ancient Egyptian theme (I was wearing a magnetic bracelet - Mummy Returns stylie), which appealed to me nicely as I love the period, but some of the things were not that good looking. You wouldn't see this sort of shit on Art Attack. It was (at one point) the most technicalogically advanced escape room in da hood. Which it did have a lot of clever triggers, which apparently if we took something out which we put something in previously, the system would think we were still back at that point and stuff which would advance you after that wouldn't activate because it thought you were still at the previous stage. We did get stuck at a few points and we did have a walkie-talkie which we could ask for some hints. Some of the puzzles seemed a little silly, one in particular we had to ask where part of the solution was, as we guessed the last part of it.

But we escaped, which was the main thing.

I'm in my hometown for the weekend visiting my mom and a couple of friends.

Today one of my mate's coming over and we'll have pizza while playing Mario Party 5 on my GameCube. Later we'll go to a bar and drink a lot.
On Saturday it's time for all-you-can-eat at an Asian restaurant and subsequent drinks including good ol' video gaming time to celebrate one of my best mate's birthday.

Good times ahead :D 

RIght now I'm blasting Muse's new album through my sound system that's still in my old room at my mom's place (not enough space in my shared flat :(). It's sooooo good. My neighbour's must hate me, though. :laughing: 

RIght now I'm blasting Muse's new album through my sound system that's still in my old room at my mom's place (not enough space in my shared flat ). It's sooooo good. My neighbour's must hate me, though. :laughing: 

This makes it sound as if you're blasting it loud enough at your mum's house, that you can still hear it at yours. No wonder the neighbour is angry.

Ordered a ticket to see Muse next year in Cologne.

100€ was a bit steep but hey...it's my favourite band and this will be the first time I'll see a band in a stadium. And it's fucking Muse, you know they will deliver. Can't wait :D 

Going to see Nothing But Thieves live tonight. Looks like it's gonna be a good day :) 

• Like 1