NEurope
nightwolf

good stuff thread.

I'll be a tutor for students coming from outside of Germany to study at the university in my city. Which means: A week of drinking is about to begin. :D

See you next Sunday.

Three day weekend ahead! But six day working week after!

• Thanks 1

On 4/2/2018 at 12:52 PM, drahkon said:

I'll be a tutor for students coming from outside of Germany to study at the university in my city. Which means: A week of drinking is about to begin. :D

It's a lot more intense than I thought :laughing: I've been drunk for 80% of the time since Monday. I don't know if this is sad or not.

I'm having fun, so I guess for me it's good :p

• Haha 1

Phew. I'm at home winding down. This week has been absolutely crazy. I'm impressed that I managed to stay alive :D Definitely one of the best weeks of my life.

I've met so many awesome people from all around the world and it's likely that I will meet even more this semester.

Tomorrow we'll go on a hike and have a nice little picnic. After that I will just fall into bed and probably sleep for two days straight :laughing:

• Like 2

These braces (and more specifically, something on my back teeth to prevent me biting down) have meant I've had to forgo a lot of food I love for the last two months but I decided to try some garlic bread (certain M&S one that is usually softer) and managed to eat most of it.  Made pasta with some olive sauce and I've just got back from having a drink and the flat smells of olive and omg it's amazing.

I miss food.

Had a wonderful night yesterday. Met with 5 ladies I haven't seen in four months. We drank, we ate and we just had a great time. Then we went to a 90s party in a club :D

Life's good :)

Emmanuel Macron will be in town to receive The International Charlemagne Prize of Aachen in 1 1/2 weeks. Going to attend a discussion forum with him, Timothy Garton Ash and fellow students to talk about Macron's vision for a European University and the importance of education and science.

I probably won't get involved directly (i.e. ask questions/talk) because I'm not really politically involved but I'm looking forward to the discussion. :)

Looks like I will be responsible for the program for students coming from abroad to study at our university (i.e. welcome events, provide information, provide general assistance, parties, build a team that will help with the work, assign tutors for the welcome week, etc.).

The one who has been responsible for that for the last 18 months wanted to talk to me today and our "meeting" started with him saying: "Hey man, nice to see ya; here's the deal: I want you to be my successor." I was a little flattered, to be honest, because he's only known me for about 6 weeks now and thinks I'm the one for the position.. :D

Anyway, I think I'll do it. The work will collide with my exams, so I need to improve my time management but I'm sure I'll be able to do good work :)

Gonna be my first real honorary post (not sure if that's the correct word...). :peace:

he thinks I'm the one for the position..

15ece6a82a38036d76435e0757cdbb03.gif

1 hour ago, drahkon said:

Looks like I will be responsible for the program for students coming from abroad to study at our university (i.e. welcome events, provide information, provide general assistance, parties, build a team that will help with the work, assign tutors for the welcome week, etc.).

In other words: "first dibs on hot new students"

the one

20 minutes ago, drahkon said:

It was either you or Magnus who'd post a gif of Neo :p

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Sméagol said:

In other words: "first dibs on hot new students"

Well...it is a perk :p

• Weird 1

Does @ReZourceman still come around here?

Im in a shite hostel in Leeds and they have ‘Nutoka’. Aldi’s Nutella clone. We googled it to find out where it’s from and Rez’s FRUK video was first result. 

Sister popped another sprog, so now I'm an uncle x2.

• Like 2

I got a free month of Amazon Prime after complaining to customer service that Hermes are a garbage company staffed with garbage people. Acutally one of the most human replies I've gotten from Amazon customer service in a while. Probably because I threatened to cancel my Prime subscription if Hermes fucks up again...

• Like 1

I got a free month of Amazon Prime after complaining to customer service that Hermes are a garbage company staffed with garbage people. Acutally one of the most human replies I've gotten from Amazon customer service in a while. Probably because I threatened to cancel my Prime subscription if Hermes fucks up again...
I've had at least 10 months free over the years from complaining (one month each time). It really is worth complaining whenever something goes wrong.
  • Like 2

On 02/07/2018 at 7:12 PM, Sheikah said:
On 02/07/2018 at 6:01 PM, martinist said:

I've had at least 10 months free over the years from complaining (one month each time). It really is worth complaining whenever something goes wrong.

At some point @Daft and I complained so much about missed deliveries and that (legitimate, not just complaining about the same ones) that they said they couldn't give us any more free months.

Had a great day.

Some of my friends and I organized a football tournament for international students. 12 teams, great weather and lots of fun (except one match that almost ended in a fight...Italians...:D).

Ended up 6th. :) Now my head hurts (got kicked in the head, not on purpose, though) and I just want to fall asleep.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, drahkon said:

Had a great day.

Some of my friends and I organized a football tournament for international students. 12 teams, great weather and lots of fun (except one match that almost ended in a fight...Italians...:D).

Ended up 6th. :) Now my head hurts (got kicked in the head, not on purpose, though) and I just want to fall asleep.

That's the most football played by Germany this summer! :D

#itscominghome

• Haha 1

On 08/07/2018 at 8:12 PM, Fierce_LiNk said:

#itscominghome

How's that workin' out for ya?

Did an escape room yesterday with work peeps. Was themed like a creepy old school toy store with dolls bits n shit. 

Smashed it.

I did one of those a couple of months ago that was Wizard themed (was with my g/f's younger siblings). It was great! And yeah we didn't fly through it but we did beat it in good time.

Off to a board game cafe with some mates tonight, should be great :)

1 hour ago, Shorty said:

I did one of those a couple of months ago that was Wizard themed (was with my g/f's younger siblings). It was great! And yeah we didn't fly through it but we did beat it in good time.

Off to a board game cafe with some mates tonight, should be great :)

We took about 40 mins. Which they said was a good time but might've been lying. I took the sense of pride anyway.

I like to think I was key in escaping. Especially for the first two puzzles. After that the team spirit kicked in and everyone had their moments. My fave puzzle was one that I didn't figure out.

Off to the Games Workshop HQ and bar tonight for some Shadespire action. And drinking. Moreso of the former though.