NEurope
nightwolf

good stuff thread.

Had a lovely catch-up with @Ashley yesterday in London! I was there on a course anyway, so we organised to meet up and go out for a few drinks before I had to hop on the train back to Bournemouth. The only downside was that both of us were full of cold. I've definitely been feeling it today! But, it was worth it and nice to catch up. :D

17 minutes ago, Fierce_LiNk said:

Had a lovely catch-up with @Ashley yesterday in London! I was there on a course anyway, so we organised to meet up and go out for a few drinks before I had to hop on the train back to Bournemouth. The only downside was that both of us were full of cold. I've definitely been feeling it today! But, it was worth it and nice to catch up. :D

I've felt better today so I clearly transferred it to you.

Was good to see you yesterday!  

Also met a friend today that I haven't seen in months (except a brief coincidental encounter a few weeks ago).  Been trying to meet up for months but had to keep postponing for one reason or another.  We went to the Horniman (heh) Museum and it was my first time there even though its not far away and it was oddly sunny which was win-win!

Today I may have met the poshest man in Scotland.

He referred to his wife as "Her most exquisite lady Elizah"

I felt common...and awkward.

Edited by martinist
referred has three R's damn it!
  • Like 2

Went to EGX this year as per usual.  One of the biggest highlights was going to a meet and greet with the people behind the PlayStation Access Youtube channel.  Had a nice chat with them, and got a signed piece of artwork to take back with me.

36617878573_3dfd7423f7_o.jpg

37240537336_8236d116f0_o.jpg

It was a great weekend none the less.

• Like 3

Stumbled upon a student with a ridiculous email address as it combines surnames and it ended up really long so I then dug out @Fierce_LiNk's full (old) name to amuse myself.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Stumbled upon a student with a ridiculous email address as it combines surnames and it ended up really long so I then dug out @Fierce_LiNk's full (old) name to amuse myself.

I'm just crying at the missed opportunity of having my old full name as an email address. What could have been!

Now I'm curious what the field character limit is and if it would have broken it...

12 hours ago, Fierce_LiNk said:

I'm just crying at the missed opportunity of having my old full name as an email address. What could have been!

It's probably already taken by now.

• Like 2

My flight to Corfu last week was delayed by 3 hours and 20 minutes. This means due to EU laws I'm due 400 Euro compensation! The entire holiday only came to about £500 so I'm making over half of it back. The time we missed was raining in Corfu anyway so absolutely delighted at this outcome.

• Like 1

Just won £650 in the Irish Lotto, nice little post-birthday present appart from my hangover.

15 hours ago, martinist said:

Just won £650 in the Irish Lotto, nice little post-birthday present appart from my hangover.

Erm...happy birthday. :D

• Like 1

Here's a nice little story that shows just a little bit of the magic of N-E.

7 weeks ago, I moved out of my London flat, it was the end of my tenancy, and a week later went away on a 3 week holiday to Australia. I came back, and needed to find somewhere new to live.

Thanks to being a member here and knowing @Ashley and @Daft, they let me know of a room they knew was going free, which they kindly arranged a viewing of for me, and which I've now moved into this past weekend! 

So just wanted to say a little public thanks to you guys and just share with the community how this place can bring big changes to real life as well as being just a place for us to piss about on the internet (if Flink and Eenuh weren't enough proof!)

• Like 8

On 30/10/2017 at 10:00 PM, Mr-Paul said:

Here's a nice little story that shows just a little bit of the magic of N-E.

7 weeks ago, I moved out of my London flat, it was the end of my tenancy, and a week later went away on a 3 week holiday to Australia. I came back, and needed to find somewhere new to live.

Thanks to being a member here and knowing @Ashley and @Daft, they let me know of a room they knew was going free, which they kindly arranged a viewing of for me, and which I've now moved into this past weekend! 

So just wanted to say a little public thanks to you guys and just share with the community how this place can bring big changes to real life as well as being just a place for us to piss about on the internet (if Flink and Eenuh weren't enough proof!)

giphy.gif

Plus I managed to get you to live in South :D

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ashley said:

giphy.gif

Plus I managed to get you to live in South :D

I havent't been stabbed yet! :p 

Just now, Mr-Paul said:

I havent't been stabbed yet! :p 

Well you've spent years going to Emirates so I'm sure you're used to being stabbed.

1 hour ago, Ashley said:

Well you've spent years going to Emirates so I'm sure you're used to being stabbed.

Arsenal fans are well behaved!

Though I have now got further away from Tottenham, so maybe I am safer now!

• Like 1

Ashley and Daft are always sickeningly nice off n-e. 

It makes it harder to be horrible to them on here.

HTTPS9tLnBvcGtleS5jby82NGQ0MzcvTHF4MTguZ

iloveyoubothkthx

1 hour ago, nightwolf said:

Ashley and Daft are always sickeningly nice off n-e. 

It makes it harder to be horrible to them on here.

HTTPS9tLnBvcGtleS5jby82NGQ0MzcvTHF4MTguZ

iloveyoubothkthx

You make it look easy 😘

• Like 1

On 11/5/2017 at 1:36 PM, martinist said:

MvhCo8G.jpgThere's a kitteh sitting in my garden

I hope you gave it lots and lots of pets!!!

• Like 1

Not super relevant to the thread, but does anyone have any recommendations on how to learn video-editing (with a focus on Adobe Premier)? Any help much appreciated.