NEurope
nightwolf

good stuff thread.

Every time you mention scirocco I just get Sussudio stuck in my head.

Back home for the weekend and went to a restaurant last night. In these parts I'm used to having the option of a vegetarian lasagne, maybe a curry or maybe a bean burger but the place we went to had a few options but the host said they were out of the vegetarian fish (halloumi) and chips to which I said something like "shame, was going to go for that". Few minutes later he popped back saying they'd sent someone out to get halloumi.

Clearly my looks were *100 emoji* yesterday.

Edited by Ashley

So two things:

1. It seems I'm well again! It took a few days (count about 5) before I started to feel like my normal self and a few worried calls to the doctors/nurse, but I'm now on the mend and trying to be a bit more active about my diet. (aka wheat/lactose/no alcohol etc)

2. My partner got approved for moving in! Next step references, but otherwise me and him will be living together October 26th...eeeep!

Got home from our summer holiday on Thursday. Had an absolutely fantastic time travelling to Budapest, Bratislava, Poprad (for a wedding), Prague and Rome. Unfortunately the holiday ended on a slight bad note...

Got home from our summer holiday on Thursday. Had an absolutely fantastic time travelling to Budapest, Bratislava, Poprad (for a wedding), Prague and Rome. Unfortunately the holiday ended on a slight bad note...

Why didn't you just go back in time and warn her, since you are so fantastic at time travelling?

Went to my first meeting Friday in a small group for people with issues writing their master's thesis and other big papers, and it was really good! The other attendees were friendly, the psychologist seemed very competent, and I'm already trying out a work plan to slowly ease me into a rhythm without triggering my anxiety too much.

Switched banks last week, the final message came through saying my money has been transferred this morning.

Basically, HSBC (the bank i was with before) kept locking out my online account. This was after using the codes they provided to get it going, and having to wait an hour (most of the time, 30 minutes) on hold on the phone to get through to someone. Could never get through, so complained about it. They said "sorry" and gave me £30 to go towards the calls i've needed to make. So, decided to switch my account over to TSB. They did all the work, direct debits set-up (and one or two came out before my money was transferred, but they've refunded the overdraft charge).

The current account switching service is fantastic. So glad they brought it in as the majority of people never switch accounts as they think it's too much work.

Just came back from an all you can eat sushi place...I can't move. Haven't been this full in a year...

The current account switching service is fantastic. So glad they brought it in as the majority of people never switch accounts as they think it's too much work.

Indeed, it was all done within a week. Can't fault it.

Couldn't imagine doing it myself, probably would have forgotten a direct debit or two.

I'm sat on the balcony of our hotel in Santorini after getting a free upgrade drinking complimentary wine. It's so amazing here.

14481741_10153733336091493_287720353395350395_o.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9

Surprisingly productive day after yesterday's shenanigans - got at least one job interview lined up, got my bike fixed, got a refund for my mostly unused season ticket. Think I'll skip karate class tonight though, need a little mental-health related TLC.

Went to the Zelda: Symphany of the Goddesses last night

HqBCRl9.jpg

nlPjZB9.jpg

We both absolutely loved it. There was a good mixture of music from different games, and I was really glad that Dragon Roost Island got its own part. It all sounded incredible.

I'd definitely do something similar again.

Also, we picked the cheapest seats available...they were actually in really good spots. I think I'd actually prefer where we sat over the more expensive seats.

Less about the concert, more about who you went with! I don't see anyone else in the selfie, you sly dog you.

Less about the concert, more about who you went with! I don't see anyone else in the selfie, you sly dog you.

She's the girl I used to be absolutely obsessed with. We're just friends.

14681653_10157607595690720_4287577891037031481_n.jpg?oh=b40da2407bf83bbf7efd4bd70ec049d1&oe=588E6CAC

So I might be making an appearance on Japanese TV ahaha. Thank fuck the person I was eating with wanted to bail too, being the only foreigner in the place would have definitely got me on the hit list for an interview

Went to Flame and Thunder at Santa Pod today and managed to take a photo of possibly the most photogenic drifter ever:

14918817_10157731167820341_5378676333272123261_o.jpg

Plus a bonus Fabulous Batman:

14884724_10157731167945341_3351553836459285070_o.jpg

More photos in the Photography Thread as usual.

Do you know which show? I'll definitely tune in.

The only thing I remember hearing was that it'll most likely be broadcast on the 10th of December, but it might be Hokkaido TV only. I'll let you know when I get more details as I had no idea who any of these guys were but I imagine they're quite famous given how the girl I was eating with's jaw dropped wide open when they came in.

Discovered a lemon meringue pie for less than a pound on reduction at Sainsburys just as one of the best pieces of Splatoon music came on shuffle.

That'll do, Wednesday. That'll do.

[edit]

Shadow of the Colossus - Gatekeeper of the Castle Ruins followed.

Wednesday, you spoil me.

Went to see Placebo live last night.

It was amazing :D

Ah, but was it amazing, or did you only think it was amazing thanks to a placebo effect?!

Ah, but was it amazing, or did you only think it was amazing thanks to a placebo effect?!

I've reported this post to the moderators. I expect that they'll ban you shortly.

Get out.

____

I've reported this post to the moderators. I expect that they'll ban you shortly.

You can see why I don't crack jokes often. :D

queen-e.gif