NEurope
nightwolf

good stuff thread.

Were the forums borked for a while, or was that just me unable to access them through Tapatalk?

Ashley probably left a bottle of alcohol on the delete key.

Daft said he needed some down time and then the site went down. Blaming him.

Did anyone get an email with my apology? I tried to send one out to active forumites but it seems most people don't want admin emails or don't provide a legit email address, there were so many untrusted domains and bounces in the list that mailchimp got a bit fussy.

Did anyone get an email with my apology? I tried to send one out to active forumites but it seems most people don't want admin emails or don't provide a legit email address, there were so many untrusted domains and bounces in the list that mailchimp got a bit fussy.

I got it this morning!

My email is valid and I've ticked to receive all emails but I didn't get it. Not in junk either.

I got nothing either :(

But the place is back now, which is an acceptable compromise.

You mean it wasn't a message just for me?

Whg2MOv.gif

Got the email. If you are using GMail, it's in the Promotions tab.

Daft said he needed some down time and then the site went down. Blaming him.

Neo-in-The-Matrix-Reloaded-the-matrix-22575477-500-268.gif

*Insert 'DEAL WITH IT' text*

It's becoming increasingly obvious who Shorty's favourites are...

It seems the last query from our solicitor is in the process of being answered, so we might finally be ready to exchange contracts and complete soon. We have waited for our house for far too long, but we might be able to get the keys in the next fortnight or so.

We have a lot of work to do once we do though...

I'm wondering what email I actually have for this account because its definitely one I don't use anymore, whoops! Sorry @Shorty

It seems the last query from our solicitor is in the process of being answered, so we might finally be ready to exchange contracts and complete soon. We have waited for our house for far too long, but we might be able to get the keys in the next fortnight or so.

We have a lot of work to do once we do though...

Ahh so exciting. My sister got the keys to her house earlier this month after a THREE YEAR search. Absolute madness this house searching malarky!

Good luck with all the jobs and enjoy it, its a really exciting time for you guys :yay:

I've had a pretty heavy week at work. People not getting on and being petty, reporting each other for minor things instead of helping each other out. I don't get involved with it but it makes for a bad atmosphere. Ive said it once to them that they should discuss the problems with the people themselves and try and sort it out instead of making things awkward as we're all on 12 hour shifts so we've gotta work together and get on.

I didn't keep repeating myself though cause most workers are 30 or 40 so what place do I have telling them how to act and behave. Anyway, along with that I had the first death on shift which I haven't had to deal with before. It was sad because he's one of the residents that's been there since I started and he always had a laugh with me. Washing him after his death and consoling his family when they arrived at 3am was a bit much as I'm a fragile flower atm as it is.

Anyway we had a nights meeting yesterday to discuss all the problems with staff and whatever and it felt like a kick in the teeth after all the effort I've been putting in. But after the meeting the manager called me and one other girl into her office and said that we're both doing a really good job and are the kinda people they want on nights, to keep doing what we're doing and know that they appreciate our effort and that they're gonna try their best to keep improving the workplace.

It was nice to be recognised and a bit unexpected :D I'm off for a week now too so hopefully after a rest I can go back in there with a fresh outlook.

Ahh so exciting. My sister got the keys to her house earlier this month after a THREE YEAR search.

That's a long time to have misplaced your keys.

Management is going really well.

Not having to take calls is such a fucking weird feeling. It's like I've gained freedom after 10 years and it's...Jesus. So freeing.

Ennet.

Food Review UK is slowly getting to 5,000 subs, which I believe is the point from which you can use YouTube Space in LDN. Which is super cool.

Finally put the double bed up after buying it in March. No more single beds for me!

I submitted my PhD thesis yesterday, after almost 4 years of work on it. Rather surreal.

I submitted my PhD thesis yesterday, after almost 4 years of work on it. Rather surreal.

What was your title?

What was your title?

The title is mostly technical terms, but it's about how general cognitive processes of categorisation explain how langugaes can differ in the ways they highlight information.

The title is mostly technical terms, but it's about how general cognitive processes of categorisation explain how langugaes can differ in the ways they highlight information.

Yeah man, right on. I'm so glad you said it because somebody had to. It's about time!