NEurope
nightwolf

good stuff thread.

I still maintain that she looks like an alien mantis creature, and I'm not fond of her singing.

Shake it off was horrifically catchy though...Except her goofy giggle. That's just cringe.

Taylor-Disappointed-12.gif

I consider Taylor Swift to be objectively pretty, but subjectively not attractive at all.

All i can say is if Earth is invaded by alien mantis creatures, and they all look like that...

...i wouldn't complain.

I still maintain that she looks like an alien mantis creature, and I'm not fond of her singing.

Shake it off was horrifically catchy though...Except her goofy giggle. That's just cringe.

I'm not convinced she's that good looking either, but I still would obviously.

Well yeah you're Scottish. Hardly a people of high standards ;)

First day of proper lecturing today, with me taking on the biological psychology portion of the summer school at the uni I work at. Ok, it's only summer school but definitely doesn't help having lecturing experience on my CV to go with my teaching stuff.

Nervous as hell as I've not done a full lecture for students. I've done one as part of the 4th year of my degree but that was to people I knew so it wasn't too bad.

But putting it in here because I know that once I get started, it'll all be fine and I'll knock it out of the park, provided that the one student who is apparently bringing the other lecturers up on everything keeps quiet.

Fingers crossed as I have 2 lectures today, one on the brain and one on neurons and the nervous system.

I think the only good thing about being really sick is that I have a lot of spare cash this month... yay :D

Usually my account is down to about 400 after bills and a bit of spending, but for some reason its well over 1000!! Yay!

Found a board game group near me, went there tonight. Pretty good group.

There was a great game of Resistance. A townie managed to win the game for the spies by "reversing" two success votes.

Board game group sounds fun, I kinda wish I could play boardgames more often, never really get to do it!

Pretty good day today, as finally my new Belgian ID arrived! Only took them about two months. :P

But means I don't have to stress out about it anymore, as I was worried it wouldn't arrive before my holiday (which would mean I couldn't go to Spain)!

I also got my new Kindle so I can start reading books again, don't get to do that enough. :)

Anddddd I finally got paid a decent amount by work. They have been shit with pay as clients haven't been paying their invoices, but today they finally paid me a good amount. Still lagging behind on pay but it is getting there. And yes I could change my job and all that, but I like the job! Anyway yes, money!

I'm training for a 5k open water swim at the end of August. I've done a lot of swimming in the pool but that did nothing to prepare me for my first open water swim. Went up to Loch Lomond last night after work with the guys I'm doing the swim with. They'd been a few times before. What a difference it is from swimming in the pool. I was seriously stuggling. We swam around 250m to an island and then went back. I did 4 there and backs in total (2km) in about 50 minutes but around 6 minutes worth of resting. The other guys did one more trip and did it in about an hour.

Although it was really tough it was great fun. Can't wait to get back into it again.

Found a board game group near me, went there tonight. Pretty good group.
Board game group sounds fun, I kinda wish I could play boardgames more often, never really get to do it!

We try to have a gathering at a local pub on Mondays.

But it rarely happens now due to lack of official feels on the Facebook group. :(

I went to the London Comic Con today. Involved leaving the house at 3:45AM to make the train, but I had a blast. I met Nicole De Boer (Ezri Dax from DS9) and an author called Lucy Saxon (I posted a picture of her awesome Zelda cosplay in the Forum User Photos thread) and chatted to her for about 20 minutes.

I took my younger sister with me and she loved it - she got to meet Colin Baker (well, we both did, but she got the autograph).

My Grandad is doing great with his treatment. His speech is quite affected and it's getting worse but some days, he's pretty good. I've got to the stage where I pretty much understand everything he's saying.

---

Went out with the bird (she's not a girlfriend...I don't think...and she's not a friend so 'bird' it is :D) and watched Ted 2. There's bad stuff news to this as it cost me £35!!! I got VIP seats for around £10 each but the popcorn and drink was about £8 I think. Bloody expensive! Not doing that again for a while!!!! Still, was a good night so I wasn't too traumatised! :D

---

Had a huge spring clean on my room and chucked out 15 black bags full of stuff I don't want or use. My room looks a lot more empty and spacious now to do so many activities.

---

I've applied for a few jobs so that's going to be on track soon. I'm not even going to rise to anything in there anymore. Shit just bores me to tears now. Just applying for jobs to places I want to work like game shops and stuff.

---

Been on Slim-Fast and lost 4lb in a week. I just did it to try it out for the sake of my blog.

---

I've been writing again. Feels good to get back into the hobby.

it cost me £35!!! I got VIP seats for around £10 each but the popcorn and drink was about £8 I think. Bloody expensive! Not doing that again for a while!!!! Still, was a good night so I wasn't too traumatised! :D

Don't worry, you're in a job you're comfortable with. You can afford it.

Don't worry, you're in a job you're comfortable with. You can afford it.

I'm not comfortable in my job. I need one that pays the correct wage for what I do. It's why I've applied to shit loads of jobs.

I'm not comfortable in my job. I need one that pays the correct wage for what I do. It's why I've applied to shit loads of jobs.

I think he was being "funny".

I think he was being "funny".

barney-stinson-thumbs-up.gif

For me though, this made my phone go crazy Sunday morning.

TweetGod_zpsegjltdex.png

I can't believe the response it got, despite being 100% accurate, including a reply from the man himself. Was rather chuffed with meself :yay:

Got my laptop back from the PC World after I somehow broke a hinge on it. Got a brand new LCD Screen which is a bonus as the old one got some dead pixels.

I've started trying to lose weight.

post-11044-Breaking-Bad-WHAT-gif-WAT-WOT-qP9W.gif

Its going relatively well so far, exercising every day, avoiding all the bad stuff (like the pizza and cake today at work *shudder*).

./motivated

This isn't really good or bad but with starting this new job and sorting everything out like transfer of gym membership and filling out forms; fuck organising things. Seriously would just like a day where I didn't need to juggle stuff. Should quieten down soon but yeah, super-mini rant.

If this post works, I consider it good stuff.

/Metaaa.

I'm so hard right now.

Were the forums borked for a while, or was that just me unable to access them through Tapatalk?