NEurope
nightwolf

good stuff thread.

In other news...

I'm back from a festival (Hurricane Festival in Germany) and it was awesome.

Bands/acts I've seen:

Alt-J

Placebo

Danko Jones

The Toxic Avenger

Death Cab for Cuties

Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds

Parov Stelar Band (they were FUCKING AMAZING)

and quite a lot of German bands.

There was one performance that I have to mention separately:

Yesterday night, the last act of the festival...Florence and the Machine

Oh my God...it was one of the most amazing experiences I have ever had. This woman..she is incredible. Her voice gave me goosebumps literally every song. :bowdown:

So with the festival done, I've already completed my new year's resolutions:

See Muse live

Go to a festival

And watch a Football match live in a stadium

: peace:

And everything is going well with my girlfriend. :) Quite happy at the moment. :)

I have actually managed to go on holiday and I'm in Abersyatthwich in Wales. It's amazing and I've had loads to drink! Unlike me but whatevs! WOOO!

Edited by Animal

I havr actualyd managed to go on holydy and I'm in Abersyatthwich in Wales. It;s amazing and I've had luads to drink! Unlike mw but whatevs! WOOO!

Not sure if real welsh place, or just drunk...

Yeah it's quite easy to make a reasonable sounding Welsh town by stringing some consonants together randomly.

Llynwygllws.

Llanwyllffryn

Gollyrrwllyn

Bron yr llangollwylldd.

I mean, I literally just made those up, but I'm pretty sure I've driven through that last one.

I have no clue how to spell ANY of the places. My phone wouldn't autocorrect because it was updating (although Abersywiyth is just too crap to spell anhway). Had a few cheeky drinks though Which I've not dine in ages. Very nice! Beautiful house and weather. I can see why people like it here but are there any nice, sandy beaches near Abersywith?

Oh and its my birthday tomorrow so I'm so hyped up for it. Still a big kid at heart! This'll be my first birthday ever on holiday and I'm with my dad, step mom and my grandad so I'm making it count.

Edited by Animal

I have no clue how to spell ANY of the places. My phone wouldn't autocorrect because it was updating (although Abersywiyth is just too crap to spell anhway). Had a few cheeky drinks though Which I've not dine in ages. Very nice! Beautiful house and weather. I can see why people like it here but are there any nice, sandy beaches near Abersywith?

Oh and its my birthday tomorrow so I'm so hyped up for it. Still a big kid at heart! This'll be my first birthday ever on holiday and I'm with my dad, step mom and my grandad so I'm making it count.

A few miles north, next to Borth is a nature reserve called Ynyslas. Filled with sandy dunes one of the best UK beaches I've ever been t

A few miles north, next to Borth is a nature reserve called Ynyslas. Filled with sandy dunes one of the best UK beaches I've ever been t

Yeah, we went there today. Absolutely amazing! Jumped off one too, haha! 42980afa84bf1bef165d571e026ce856.jpg

and there was an ice cream van called Mrs. Whippy that was the best. Marshmallow ice cream is ace!

Going to Glastonbury Festival tomorrow morning, super excited! :yay: :yay: :yay:

Went to view the house again now that it's vacant. The living room is bigger than I remembered, as is the 3rd bedroom. We definitely have enough space for a decent dining table in the living room. Bedroom 1 and 2 are a bit smaller than I thought though, which unfortunately limits the man-cave space.

The tenant also left the place in a bit of a state, but it should hopefully come up nicely with a fresh coat of paint and new carpets, which we planned to do anyway.

Living room, complete with writing above the fireplace. The grimy looking carpet on the left of the photo is just the lighting. It's not actually that bad:

Living%20Room.jpg

Garden definitely needs weeding/mowing/starting from scratch:

Garden.jpg

I think we've got our work cut out for us in the first few weeks, but the space is good. Plus, the best part is that it's right next to a country park. This would basically be our back garden:

5137590698_81f82c7eef_b.jpg

Watching The Wire again. Just finished Season 4, wept like a motherfucker.

I got a motorbike last night and went out for my first ride, it was so much fun. The first time I've really felt happy in a very long time. My first ride, my first twisty country lane, my first glimpses of amazing views as seen through a helmet visor, my first stall, my first near-dropping of the bike, my first biker nod.

I was buzzing, I couldn't even sleep after that.

I got a motorbike last night and went out for my first ride, it was so much fun. The first time I've really felt happy in a very long time. My first ride, my first twisty country lane, my first glimpses of amazing views as seen through a helmet visor, my first stall, my first near-dropping of the bike, my first biker nod.

I was buzzing, I couldn't even sleep after that.

First ride on that motorbike or first ride on a motorbike?

First ride on that motorbike or first ride on a motorbike?
Well, first ride on any bike - other than CBT.

Our house exchange completed today. My girlfriend is picking up the keys in an hour. :D

First house get, can't wait to go around later. :)

So ... apparently I'm back on N-E! :D (Cue jokes about this being in the wrong thread.) We'll see for how long it lasts this time. :heh:

But yeah, things are going pretty well for me. :) Only one year left before I have my master's degree, which means I need to start thinking about job and living situation and learning to pretend to be a responsible adult. Luckily, despite my subject being somewhat of a niche, the demand for teachers thereof is still larger than the supply (the supply for my year being ... me), so I have actually had several job offers already even before I finished my bachelor's degree; most of them were temporary positions, but one was a personal offer of permanent employment from a teacher who'd be retiring the year I'd finish my education, i.e. in a year, to that was pretty rad! :D

Other than that I've just been incredibly busy; a number of things happened in the past year that affected me a lot personally, which is at least part of the reason I went AWOL from the forums, but I definitely feel that I've grown and developed a lot as a person as a result. :) And now, with the plans for the upcoming Meet and the lure of an Ace Attorney mafia game by Jonnas, I suddenly find myself back here! :D

So ... apparently I'm back on N-E! :D (Cue jokes about this being in the wrong thread.)

Haha, yeah this is definitely in the wrong thread...

It should be in the relationship thread.

tumblr_mf4pzclyfu1rv7cdvo1_500.gif

Haha, yeah this is definitely in the wrong thread...

It should be in the relationship thread.

tumblr_mf4pzclyfu1rv7cdvo1_500.gif

If I hadn't already spent all my thanks for the day in the relationship thread, I would thank this.

I can't be arsed to make a thread or find one, Womens fifa final was fantastic.

USA kicked some ass out there, Hat trick by one girl in the first 16 minutes. Japan get trying right up to the last second, even down by 3. Vancouver was packed with people from the US, chanting loud enough for the TV broadcast to pick it up.

Hello Danny!

Going to Hyde Park with the missus to see Taylor Swift.

You lucky bastard. I'd love to have an excuse to go see Taylor Swift without looking like a weirdo. :p

You lucky bastard. I'd love to have an excuse to go see Taylor Swift without looking like a weirdo. :p

Bitch please, this is TSwift we're talking about, just go!

giphy.gif

I still maintain that she looks like an alien mantis creature, and I'm not fond of her singing.

Shake it off was horrifically catchy though...Except her goofy giggle. That's just cringe.