NEurope
nightwolf

good stuff thread.

Feedback on my new video series has been very positive. I'm really happy. Some people at work have been really nice about it. :D

In further to the issues with Orange, i was advised by a few people to pursue the matter further and put in a complaint to the regulators. Basically said the same as i said here, and sent in the letters i got. Had an email today from EE/Orange, the wording could have been slightly more professional. But they have decided to reduce my existing contract down and offer £200 compensation as a "gesture of good will".

Had just a good day today. Saw a good movie (Book Of Life, highly recommended) cleaned the flat, good karate lesson, now drinking a good beer. Just goodness all around.

A lot of good things happened:

I managed to nab The Sword in the Stone and The Emperor's New Groove, which aren't easy for me to get so my collection should be easier to complete now and I only have 11 more to get.

I got a 1TB Xbox One for Christmas with COD: Advanced Warfare, The Evil Within and Forza 5 and there was only two left in the store so I'm CHUFFED to say I've actually upgraded to next-gen.

I've lost weight. I went to buy myself a Ghostbusters onesie that I had my eye on for a couple of weeks because, y'know, Ghostbusters and I normally take an XL. However, I tried the XL on and it was too baggy. I tried L and it fits nicely. I thought it might just be onesie sizes so I tried a couple of t-shirts and I fitted a L! I still get XL just in case but it's nice to know I can fit into Larges now! It's the first time in years I've been able to fit into Larges. :)

I won scratchcards from work for selling the most perfumes and shit in the whole company (in the whole of the UK) and one of the scratchcards won me £5.

I finally stood up to my assistant manager, told her she was one of the rudest people I've ever worked for and shit and I feel a lot better for doing that because I feel relieved, strangely enough. My hours have been cut quite a lot, which is a negative and a positive because, even though money is nice, I get to spend more time in the gym and more time on my writing and I'll feel less exhausted.

Also, to add the chocolate-covered cherry on top, I've had a couple of people in my shop recognise me from my weight-loss blog. I have a picture on the side of the site of me when I was doing my CBT and they recognised me from there. They said I was doing a great job, that they loved my posts and they're following my challenges. It felt odd but good.

So yeah, happy happy happy! :)

WWE Superstar Paige :heart: retweeted one of my tweets Thursday night after seeing her wrestle in Cardiff.

wjce9c.png

It's not much, but... she knows I'm actually a living person, so it's something.

We finally got our own house, kinda, got accepted for a council house so not 100% "ours" still renting but rent is dirt cheap :D

Got electricity and gas sorted yesterday and been all over all sorts of shops looking for flooring (getting put down Wednesday), furnature, fridge, cooker etc, beds, TV's (that's every bit of savings I ever had gone :heh:)

Early today started thinking I need to get a phoneline and broadband sorted, brought up an old landline I had and plugged it into wall to see if there was an active line, it was, sorted, rang my own mobile number so I could find out what the number of the landline was, got it. Took that number and stuck it into the Eircom website to see about getting their Fibre and then it comes up "Sorry Fibre not availble in this area"....WTF???? :cry: if you look at the town on the map it says "Yeah this town has Fibre" it fails to mention that there may be some places without it :(

The product available in the area is "up to 24MB" which means I'll likely get about 8-9MB :heh:

Ah well better than nothing and I survived fine on that kind of speed before last year. Hopefully they'll have extended the fibre up to the new place soon.

#firstworldproblems

But other than that little bump in the road can't wait to have the house sorted and moved in :D

Met the neighbours today too, by a stroke of coincedence on one side is one of my sons classmates in playschool :)

This may come as a shock to you, but I'm pretty bad at calling people and also asking to visit people (even family) - I make the excuse to myself that I don't want to bother them, but I'm pretty sure that isn't the real reason. I actually realised how hopeless I was a couple of weeks ago at my sister's wedding, which ended up really upsetting me (which is why I didn't make a post about it in this thread, despite being a great ceremony and evening - I had even written a long post in the bad stuff but ended up not posting it). Note: I should probably mention that they're around an hour and a half away on the train, so it's not like I can just go over for an hour.

Anyway, I realised just how much I wanted to change (I mean, if I can't keep in touch with family well, what hope do I have if I actually met a girl?) and I've actually started feeling like I could do it.

Today I actually phoned my sister, had a conversation (something else I'm not good at) and mentioned that I want to visit more and see the kids, I mentioned that I would like to babysit sometime.

So now I'm looking after two toddlers and a hyperactive five year old in a few weeks. And I'm actually looking forward to it. Although she is giving me the number of one of her friends in case I need help.

This probably sounds a bit silly to a lot of people, but I feel like I'm making a first step.

This probably sounds a bit silly to a lot of people, but I feel like I'm making a first step.

Not at all, if anything it's inspirational to me. :)

I've been trying to get out a bit more - not all the time but more than I did - and try to be a bit more involved in family trips out to shops or wherever - being that I'm still at home - I know it's not the same situation but it's the small steps that matter as they can lead to wider changes. : peace:

Being that I've got time off currently I've been a bit more proactive which is good as it counter-acts the 'rut' that I seemed to be slipping into over the past few months; I'm going to try other stuff soon as well, just small steps in the right direction like hopefully learning to drive - again - and actually getting it sorted this time. :blank:

I think half of it is motivation, the rest is just finding the time and resources, but anyway it's good to hear that you're feeling more positive toward things, it's genuinely good to hear. :smile:

We finally got our own house, kinda, got accepted for a council house so not 100% "ours" still renting but rent is dirt cheap :D

Got electricity and gas sorted yesterday and been all over all sorts of shops looking for flooring (getting put down Wednesday), furnature, fridge, cooker etc, beds, TV's (that's every bit of savings I ever had gone :heh:)

Early today started thinking I need to get a phoneline and broadband sorted, brought up an old landline I had and plugged it into wall to see if there was an active line, it was, sorted, rang my own mobile number so I could find out what the number of the landline was, got it. Took that number and stuck it into the Eircom website to see about getting their Fibre and then it comes up "Sorry Fibre not availble in this area"....WTF???? :cry: if you look at the town on the map it says "Yeah this town has Fibre" it fails to mention that there may be some places without it :(

The product available in the area is "up to 24MB" which means I'll likely get about 8-9MB :heh:

Ah well better than nothing and I survived fine on that kind of speed before last year. Hopefully they'll have extended the fibre up to the new place soon.

#firstworldproblems

But other than that little bump in the road can't wait to have the house sorted and moved in :D

Met the neighbours today too, by a stroke of coincedence on one side is one of my sons classmates in playschool :)

Dunno if this helps, but I started renting in a place & they quoted no fibre availability. Got an internet connection installed and magically I now can get fibre. Fibres attached to your cabinet/exchange so it doesn't apply to individual homes persay.

on that note - good thing for me, I'm less than a mile away from the main cabinet in Ballymena, & i'm getting 15mb broadband... yeeehoooo.

Got my insurance renewal quote through for the Fiesta and it was a rather unpalatable £650 for the year. Had a look around and got a quote from Hastings Direct for £300, including legal cover and protected no claims. Half price win.

Plus I get my 4th meerkat toy, so that's nice too.

Spent most of the weekend and Monday/Tuesday this week picking up bits and pieces for my flat as after asking her a couple of weeks back, my girlfriend is moving in!!! :yay: So so excited that by this time next week we'll be living with each other! Going to be spending tomorrow evening bringing some of her stuff up to mine and then bits over the week and the start of next week, as well as getting remaining little things on Friday for us.

All a bit surreal at the moment, think if someone told me I'd be moving in with my girlfriend by the end of the year at the start of it, never mind having a girlfriend, I'd have laughed at them. All the adult stuff... well maybe. Probably just spend most evenings sitting meowing and making faces at each other :heh:

Have also finished another experiment at work/uni and seems that my second one wasn't completely wrong and seem to be finding some interesting stuff. Now to see if my fourth experiment will be able to prise apart attention and properly show whether emotion can influence/bias responses based on a purely pre-attentive/sensory basis.

After worrying about having to have yet another meeting, I can finally put some of my worries to bed as, as of today, I've officially been upgraded from M.Phil to Ph.D.! :yay: Now to stick to a rather stringent timetable I've set myself and run 5 experiments from January through to October/November but that's pretty doable seeing as 2 are ready to go in January so piece of cake!

Congrats on your upgrade @Ganepark32. A few more years til you get your PhD?

I have today gone the whole way - I passed my viva exam and am now the proud owner of a PhD! So I'm a Dr now! Wahoooo!!!

You should totally change your name to Dr. Sheikah. Then we'd be name pals.

You should totally change your name to Dr. Sheikah. Then we'd be name pals.

Ah man, I did think about it... :p

I went to George at Asda with the family and fell in love with this Iron Maiden t-shirt. I've always wanted one but the only ones they had were XL and it looked smaller than I thought. At first, I put it back but then I thought 'fuck it' and tried it on. Proud to say that it actually fit me! Absolutely grinning and I actually high-fived the mirror because I was proud! Got so excited!

My dad also bought me Alien: Isolation on the Xbox One for Christmas so I'm looking forward to playing that.

I've also lost 4 centimetres around the part at the bottom of my chest but just above my belly. However, I gained at my waist but I was assured that that might get bigger before it gets smaller because I've lost weight on my chest and stuff. It does look a bit crap right now but I'm determined! :D

Oh and someone recognised me from my blog?!?! It was so weird! Like, they asked if I ran a weight loss diary and I looked like "WTF...Yeah! What?" and they said "I thought I recognised you. You have a picture of you wearing a hi-vis jacket on the side of the site, right?" which I do! She said she loves the site and told me to keep it up! YAY! I'm doing something right! :D

I am recovering from what has to be one of the - if not the - greatest weekend(s) of my life.

At the start of this semester I became a freshmen tutor. And all freshmen and all tutors (a total of about 120 people) spent this weekend at a youth hostel (with party rooms).

72 hours, not a single second of sleep and lots of alcohol later...I'm completely exhausted but I feel fucking great. It was so much fun.

A friend brought an inflatable whirlpool and 2 of my mates, 3 ladies and me spent 5 hours in this thing while snow was falling down on us. Fucking amazing :awesome:

We had our Christmas production just over a week ago and I ended up running the whole thing. It kinda went like this:

- Head of Junior School decided that we were going to do a certain play. I tried doing the cast list before half term but ran out of time.

- Spent a few hours assigning parts to ALL children in our junior school, so that they all either had a speaking part or sang a solo. They all had to sing the songs anyway.

- I photocopied all of the scripts, got my class to write the names of each child on top, highlighted the parts for each corresponding child and delivered them personally.

- I uploaded all of our songs, scripts and lyrics onto the school server so they could access the lot in their own time.

- I cross-checked all of the timetables for each class with when the hall was free to organise rehearsals, to minimise the loss of lessons and make things efficient.

- I decided on what they needed to wear for costumes and instructed the kids on this.

- I led each rehearsal like a director.

- I, along with another teacher, set up the stage ourselves after the people that were meant to be doing it didn't bother. It took us hours.

Basically, I ended up taking on a lot of this stuff on the fly. I didn't get instructed that it was my responsibility, the head of junior school was busy, so it ended up being either I take it on or it doesn't get done.

The show was a massive success and I've had chocolates and presents given to me from children outside of my class, saying thanks to be given an opportunity to take part in this. I've also received a lovely email from a parent saying how it was lovely and got a big mention in the school newsletter, as well as recognition from both the head of junior school AND the actual head teacher.

Feelsgoodman/10

Work installed Chrome on everyone's computers. Yeah, no more Internet Explorer.

My coworkers stumbled onto Comedy Typhoon a few days ago and now they call me Dr. Man.

Tis weird, I'm used to my other nickname (Sasquatch)

Had my work's Christmas do. It was at a Cuban restaurant/bar. Nice food, and there were plenty of drinks. I actually managed to dance. Quite a bit. And with a couple of random girls (at different times, not at the same time).