NEurope
nightwolf

good stuff thread.

Had about three or four customers telling me I look slim/lost weight/looking fitter today. Made me grin :D

I thought I'd have to shell out a whole bunch of money for a new timing belt on the Fiesta, but I just found out it has a timing chain instead of a timing belt, meaning it's not due for a change for another 35,000 miles. Awesome.

Proved a point at work.

Work has made me in charge of monitoring the team and their sales and stuff. Anyway, the assistant manager was telling me the stuff to tell them, which consisted of telling them the truth (which was that we had hit target). I said to not do that because they're young and not exactly as sales-driven, they'll just relax and not sell anything. She was saying I can't lie to them but I was like "I'll exceed target. I guarantee it". She thinks they'd do more if I told them the truth.

Anyway, I spoke to the team and they had no confidence in selling. I just told them to either pretend you're having a conversation with a friend and you're trying to convince them to do whatever you wanted to do or convince them of your point of view OR pretend you're having a debate with someone who keeps on objecting you. Worked like a charm. One of them wasn't the best seller in the world and now she's obliterated the team along with someone else (but he's always top 5 anyway). Nobody's beaten me...yet...but I'm hoping they do.

I told the team that we were halfway to beating target and that we'd be able to beat the target by the weekend. However, what they didn't know was that they already beat the target on Thursday. So whatever we had on Friday, the weekend, today and tomorrow, we've got as a bonus and they've been trying harder. All this time, I've been saying that we're not far off and that we're close to beating target.

Our target was a grand. I got them doing £4500 and we've still got tomorrow left. :D

WOO!

DOUBLE DISCOUNT BACK AT WORK!

Naturally as a thanks for "all your hard work", but oh-so conveniently placed on payday and the following weekend. Get yo' asses to people you know at Tesco.

Will probably get myself a PS4 (choosing over the Xbox One), which comes in a bundle with Minecraft, which I've never played, and FIFA 15, which I never intend to play so will probably sell it. Daddy has offered to chip in some monies for Christmas so will get it even cheapers!

A year and a half ago I quit my job and 6 months later I started my studies at university.

What can I say...it has been the very first major decision in my life that I made for me and it proves to be the best thing I have ever done. : peace:

Haven't been really happy since my father died, but right now I can say: I am happy.

I've met so many great people and a lot of them have become good friends.

I've met a beautiful woman two weeks ago and we have a date next week.

I'm enjoying my lectures and courses (most of them :p).

Life is good. :)

Edited by drahkon

WOO!

DOUBLE DISCOUNT BACK AT WORK!

Naturally as a thanks for "all your hard work", but oh-so conveniently placed on payday and the following weekend. Get yo' asses to people you know at Tesco.

My friend bought me a copy of NBA2k15 for PS4 with his discount. £35.20 for it, Bar-fucking-gain.

My friend bought me a copy of NBA2k15 for PS4 with his discount. £35.20 for it, Bar-fucking-gain.

I bought two 2TB hard drives. Now I need to find someone to flog them to on the down-low.

How about Mr Edward Bay?

I am considering Mr. Bay, but I want to see if I can sell even downer on the down-low before seeing Edward.

Few things have cropped up lately!

1. The trouble I've been having with getting to work, do you remember? Whelp work found out (even though I'd told them, but fine.) through a friend who has just left that I was getting fed up of paying over the odds to get to work and struggling. So now I have parking! (I fear they might be worried about me quitting, it was getting that bad..)

2. Every so often (at least once a month at the moment) I do night shift (about 4 hours or so) followed by a few hours in the office in the same day. Whelp this isn't quite legal, so now I can not only work from home that day, but get paid a flat out fee of £100 every time I do it. Lovely.

Thanks boss.

My brother got retweeted by Will Wheaton #jelly

[tweet]525124812596051968[/tweet]

(Not sure how you can easily see this, but you can see the tweet in Will´s timeline a little bit further down:https://twitter.com/wilw)

The past couple of weeks I've had some health concerns, rather worrying symptoms and concerns. After another check up today It appears I'm all okay so that is a massive massive relief and gives me peace of mind now.

Huzzah to good health!

Hungover on a Tuesday morning....never again.

Yes, but are you prepared to make sure Monday night never happens?

For once I want to see Gaggle posting drunken gibberish, and relaying inebriated antics, and then for Martinist to be able shake his head.

My girlfriend got a distinction in her Masters which means she gets to apply for PhD funding :D.

Me and the other half are in London for Distant Worlds and the view from the hotel isn't half bad:

2014-11-01_160809.jpg

Edited by Goafer

Back from Distant Worlds. It was pretty God damned radical. The highlight was probably Nobou Uematsu (composer) and Arnie Roth (conductor) playing keyboard and violin respectively alongside the orchestra.

Before it filled up (couldn't take photos once the concert had started):

10469438_10154830255350341_2434628941804248288_n.jpg?oh=941057e90237846541852618431c41e2&oe=54E7A19E

Then walked past this on the way back and almost jizzed everywhere:

1450115_10154831154305341_6662251653508736216_n.jpg?oh=e78d8338ef1dad41432d03da0d3e63e0&oe=54E804BA

We avoided the restaurant because it sounded terrifying:

10410308_10154832341260341_2031929216969573760_n.jpg?oh=8b7af24877cf3d209792ff3a5562014b&oe=54D6F56A