NEurope
nightwolf

good stuff thread.

So I moved in with my girlfriend in Norwich, and am out of student accommodation for the first time in 7 years. Which feels great - now I just have to finish writing my PhD...

Everyone wish me luck on my driving test tomorrow! I rate my own chances as about the same as the campaign for Scottish independence (ie. reasonable to fair), I just need to concentrate and hold it together. I have no desire to get a car but not having to pay my instructor £20 an hour anymore would be pretty good.

The first of the production diaries for Kung Fury went out today. The first entry was how to make footage look like it was recorded on VHS. I used the tutorial (as well as my own Photoshop knowledge) to apply the same style to photos.

IMG_0995.jpg

IMG_0995VHS.jpg

Booked a house viewing for this weekend. Not exactly huge news, but the first step to being a home owner/property tycoon.

Had a message on my phone from Samsung, they've just offered me a 3 month free Sky Movies pass for NowTV. Can't fault that.

I arrived home after playing football for two hours with my after school club, tired, sweaty and hungrrry. There's a parcel on the table which is addressed to all 9 of my names with the final part "aka Jim" added in for the laughs. I open it up and find a small thank you letter from @Ashley and Injustice for PS4.

Fuckyeeeeeeah. Cheeers, brah.

That envelope took me weeks to write!

I only put "aka Jim" in case I got the number wrong and it ended up with a neighbour. Figured you probably don't go by all 9 of your names normally!

Destiny-Dance.gif

PS4 and Destiny is arriving today!

That envelope took me weeks to write!

I only put "aka Jim" in case I got the number wrong and it ended up with a neighbour. Figured you probably don't go by all 9 of your names normally!

Destiny-Dance.gif

PS4 and Destiny is arriving today!

Wait a minute-

Ine and I just counted the names again and it turns out that you missed one. YOU FUCKING INFIDEL!

I was illllllllllllllllllll :(

I imagine its a nightmare. Sometimes having boring ass cracker parents helps!

Rasi. :(

I didn't even spot it until Ine started counting them afterwards. I'm doing my passport forms at the moment so it's causing me a lot of bother. I cri, evrytiem.

Does that mean Shorty originally spelled it incorrectly?

Does that mean Shorty originally spelled it incorrectly?

Yaargh, but it's completely fine because of the nature of the name.

It's a proper pain in the arse of a name (all of them). Mohammed is another one because there's so many variations of it. I've seen Rasi spelt with a double s and Mohammed can also be seen as Muhammed, Mohammad and Muhammad. Some of my friends have Mohammad in their name and they all use different variations of the spelling.

I'm pretty sure that I've misspelt Rasi as Rassi over the years (think it can also be spelt with a z and double z...) due to not using that name much at all. I usually just go by the final three names and most of my friends and family have known me as "Jim" since I was about...6. My Mum calls me Jim, as does Ine and my school, work and uni friends.

It's one of these things that seems like a great/funny/beautiful idea at the time but is huuuugely impractical in real life. I need a continuation form for my name when filling out my passport application and my driver's licence can only contain the first few names due to not having enough space on the card (this has caused me SOOOOOOO many problems over the years, but has also led to many funny moments...it's also an amazingly good way of breaking the ice when meeting people). If we ever have kids, I definitely will be keeping the name as short as possible. Maybe just calling him or her MegaDrive as a tribute to that beast.

Booked a house viewing for this weekend. Not exactly huge news, but the first step to being a home owner/property tycoon.

Saw the house today. To say that it's gorgeous would be an understatement (for a first time buy). A bit small, but very nice. 2 bedroom though, so I could have a gaming room/man cave.

The bathroom and kitchen looked brand new and the rest of the house couldn't have been far off. Both the front and back garden were a nice size and very well kept.

It was a nicer area than I was expecting too. Due to it being on MOD land (it's right next to an MOD base, although we'd own the land that the house is on), there are 2 patrols per day, meaning that crime is basically non existent.

The back of the house overlooked the MOD base and we were told that it was a quiet base, as it was only used for storage. The only time it gets busy is when they need to ship stuff to other places in an emergency. We were told that during busy times it wouldn't be uncommon to see some tanks rolling by in the base. It was hard to make it seem like that was a bad thing to me when my inner child was screaming "YOU MEAN WE GET TO SEE TANKS?!".

We have another house to view soon, which has a double driveway (this one has a single parking space, but unmarked/visitor spaces were also very common), but we'll see if that one is as nice inside.

Wait wait, I thought that whole name thing with @Fierce_LiNk was obviously an elaborate joke because that was pretty much the only way you could make a name that has Jim on one end and Babooooooor on the other even more ridiculous?

This is officially my new car, this very one in the pictures. I'll be collecting it this Saturday morning...

r1bn8m.jpg

8x36zp.jpg

I AM MOIST!

Well, that was a palaver over nothing.

As it was in the Bad Stuff thread, i had a letter today from Orange saying i owed them £103 from an outstanding bill. And seeing as i've attempted to cancel the old contract since June 2013 on multiple occasions, i was at some point continuing to pay 2 contracts. Having tried to get this sorted since July and being passed from pillar to post (and around the houses by different agents), you could guess i was not in a good mood. They said i've never tried to cancel it, but i have on many occasions.

However, 3rd time must be the charm because i got through to a very nice adviser whom openly admitted that it was Orange's fault why the bill was there. The adviser said it was due to a time in April i tried to cancel it (when the contract was up) there was a £9 outstanding amount that i was not told about, they should have credited the account for this to clear it. But because of not doing that, the cancellation was not fully put through and 3 further (and ever increasing bills) kept coming. The direct debit was cancelled, so these were never paid. What they did today as a gesture of good will, was to clear the £103 bill right there and then. As a way of saying sorry i guess for the hassle of calling, being cut-off and being passed around the houses I had to ask multiple times to confirm that the full amount was cleared.

So yeah, i'm pretty happy with that. Something that should have been done a long time ago has (hopefully) finally been resolved.

And just to make sure, i've made a note of the advisers name and the time and date of the call. Just in case they try anything stupid.

This is officially my new car, this very one in the pictures. I'll be collecting it this Saturday morning...

r1bn8m.jpg

8x36zp.jpg

I AM MOIST!

I HATE YOU!!!

I found out that a Disney BOGOF sale is happening in the next three weeks. @EEVILMURRAY, I need youuuu!!! This time, I am SO prepared for this shit!

The new manager bought a load of old DVDs and PS2 games in, since he was going to bin them. I got a copy of Tekken Tag Tournament and Ridge Racer V. Free games are the best games.

I also inherited a load of shit ones too, since no one else has a PS2. Still free though and might provide some LOLZ.

Also, super productive day. Me and the other half finally transferred our savings and a load of bills to our joint account, ready for when we buy a place. I thought it was going to be a massive ball ache, but it ended up being pretty easy. Just had to transfer the savings, then ring up a few places to change payment options. Took us about an hour or two in the end. I thought it was going to be an ongoing saga.

Now I just have to try to remember the PIN number to the account instead of my personal one...

I found out that a Disney BOGOF sale is happening in the next three weeks. @EEVILMURRAY, I need youuuu!!! This time, I am SO prepared for this shit!

It's on. But I don't think you'll be happy about the spines

I am baaaaack from holiday! (feel free to move this to the bad stuff thread if your feelings flow that way).