NEurope
nightwolf

good stuff thread.

I'm at my wit's end at work...but they want me for another month. Just need to keep thinking about the money. Money now equals freedom later.

Edit:

My friend got us tickets to see Gravity at the London Film Festival next month.

Gravity-1.jpg

Second row. Think my eyes are going to explode. I'm so excited.

Edited by Daft

Interview went well, so well i'm invited to part 2 in October. Was told on the phone, even though it was meant to be informed via email. Was told i'm a strong candidate for the position, one of the strongest based on experience. Only issue is, they failed to tell in the description it had some outbound calls, which i don't particulary like.

Edit:

My friend got us tickets to see Gravity at the London Film Festival next month.

Gravity-1.jpg

Second row. Think my eyes are going to explode. I'm so excited.

Ah and I see the LFF site is down. Nothing every changes.

Were some films I was interested in and everything.

You had to be on that like asap. The thing crashed within two minutes of opening.

I completely forgot it was happening. Apparently the phone lines are jammed too.

Seems to happy every year. You'd think they'd try and improve things.

My 'good' news is that I won a chess tournament online at chess.com... it's a bit silly but basically when the tournament started I was rated 1340, after an especially bad spell, and the tournament was for 1400s and under so in a way my rating was deflated. But since then I've won something like 30 of my last 35 games and my rating is now 1496.... currently leading in another tournament too, but again that was a <1400 tournament that started when i was 1390, so I do feel kinda bad -- but hey there are now people in this tournament rated 1500 so I'm not the only one! There's close to 100 players in both tournaments so I think i can still say I rock, right?

Still not studied any openings (!!) but my endgame is strong and I've just heard that's a good representative of the innate chess skillzor, so I feels goods.

... yeah my hobbie is dull for most.

Hobbies are dull for most people. In fact information about other people's lives is dull for others. However, that doesn't mean you shouldn't share your achievements and love for it.

Carry on sir!

We got an update of our eon bill today. For those who don't remember, they charged me and my housemate £1000 for their cockup, money we owed, but should have paid over installments. Anyway..

We managed to get it down to 380.99 last month, but we had to take into account usage during that 3 month period. We worried it'd go to 700.

Thankfully, we got news this morning that our bill is 540. Which means our usage with this new system is much cheaper and we can pay them off and leave this month.

We're elated.

I might find some hobbies dull but I find enthusiasm catchy as fuck. I love hearing people talk about things they love.

Had one of those nice 'small world' moments.

Was doing some research into a bike I might buy and was looking at an article and noticed the author looked like someone I used to know (my friend's cousin, who I met a few times) so I sent it to my friend and she confirmed it is indeed her cousin, who is apparently now working as a journalist/DJ/model (as you do).

Also remembered the last time I saw him was at her wedding and as I was leaving he said "have a good life". It's as if he knew we would never see each other again (but then with us living in different cities, it's not an unreasonable guess).

May have found a bike (finally). It's nothing fancy, but its a reasonably priced single-speed which is all I want really. There was another one I wanted to try in Evans but it was raining and I couldn't be bothered.

My 'good' news is that I won a chess tournament online at chess.com... it's a bit silly but basically when the tournament started I was rated 1340, after an especially bad spell, and the tournament was for 1400s and under so in a way my rating was deflated. But since then I've won something like 30 of my last 35 games and my rating is now 1496.... currently leading in another tournament too, but again that was a <1400 tournament that started when i was 1390, so I do feel kinda bad -- but hey there are now people in this tournament rated 1500 so I'm not the only one! There's close to 100 players in both tournaments so I think i can still say I rock, right?

Still not studied any openings (!!) but my endgame is strong and I've just heard that's a good representative of the innate chess skillzor, so I feels goods.

... yeah my hobbie is dull for most.

I really want to play more chess but I find it so difficult on a screen and not in real life. I miss things because I can't see the pieces as well as you would. I know it's just practice and the more I play the easier it will get but its very frustrating!

My brothers and I played so much when we were on holiday, as we do every summer holiday and time when we're at home together and it's great. A game of pure skill, love playing it. We're all the same though, when we're together is the onyl time we play it so the first few days are are a case of whoever makes the fewest mistakes but by the end we get pretty good.

I reckon you'd wipe the board with me right now but if I kept on playing and stayed in practice I could give you a good game. NE Meat 2014... Crunch match!

Although I like chess I don't think I'd have the patience playing someone who is that bettererererer than me. Because they take too long.

I've got travel Connect 4. I'll bring that to the next meet.

Car in for the service and pre-MOT today. No problems whatsoever - should fly through the MOT. Not bad for a car that's 12 years old :)

Our new customer services lady at work is called Storm. We are now officially the coolest company ever.

I met a kitten today. She was chasing a butterfly. :3

I told her to be careful on the road. I think she listened.

Ask her if she knows what happens when a toad gets struck by lightning.

I'm not sure, but I would imagine it's the same as everything else.

Today I met Diana Vickers!! Her album came out today and she did a signing in Preston HMV which is about an hour drive from me. I decided to go as I am such a big fan, I love the music she makes and have always been a huge supporter of her!

She gave everyone who came to see her a hug and had photos! She told me I smelt amazing!! :love:

I got my album cover and sleeve signed and we had a little chat about the album! I asked her favourite tracks, she asked me what I thought of it (incredible, obvs), and it was just really really cool to meet someone who's music I have enjoyed for so long.

Here are the pics! I haven't stopped smiling since I got home! :D

IMG_59662_zps10af0f2d.jpg

IMG_5967_zps0bde4144.jpg

Today I met Diana Vickers!! Her album came out today and she did a signing in Preston HMV which is about an hour drive from me. I decided to go as I am such a big fan, I love the music she makes and have always been a huge supporter of her!

She gave everyone who came to see her a hug and had photos! She told me I smelt amazing!! :love:

I got my album cover and sleeve signed and we had a little chat about the album! I asked her favourite tracks, she asked me what I thought of it (incredible, obvs), and it was just really really cool to meet someone who's music I have enjoyed for so long.

Here are the pics! I haven't stopped smiling since I got home! :D

IMG_59662_zps10af0f2d.jpg

IMG_5967_zps0bde4144.jpg

That's awesome. :)

I bought the album with a signed photo, but I didn't get to meet her. :(

I got the signed photo too! Mine bent in the post though which sucks!

I normally don't bother with stuff like meet and greets but thought I would as it wasn't that far away! Glad I did!

Speaking of celebs, Jonathan Ross' son enrolled at work yesterday. People kept mentioning him and I assumed it was a look alike (didn't get a good look) but apparently him. Whatevs though, already got a photo with him from years back :p

My line manager said to me today if our team leader position comes up she'd like me to consider it. STOP WITH ALL THE IT JOB OFFERS UNIVERSE. Seriously, that's three this week :heh:

It would be nice to tell my colleagues that they're lazy useless fucks, but not worth it I think.

Ah well, did have a moan to her about said colleagues. Fun times.

STOP WITH ALL THE IT JOB OFFERS UNIVERSE.

You love it really!

In October Dan and I are moving to an awesome house which is closer to all our friends. We'll be living across the street from @Shorty and @Nami.

It's pretty much identical to our current house, but £90 cheaper a month.

I also discovered this awesome photo of Dan (atello) today:

1185581_648504786890_1358791927_n.jpg

I expect some (more) awesome game-age next time I'm up north. Perhaps with everyone in turtle costumes. I'll be splinter!

My good news for teh day = got my xbox hooked up to my tv so after 9 months of not having my own console I'm back in the game! Goodbye social life! I got a lot of gaming to catch up on.

I expect some (more) awesome game-age next time I'm up north. Perhaps with everyone in turtle costumes. I'll be splinter!

My good news for teh day = got my xbox hooked up to my tv so after 9 months of not having my own console I'm back in the game! Goodbye social life! I got a lot of gaming to catch up on.

Dude, it took you 9 months to work out how to connect an xbox to a TV? You should have asked for help here!

We could have done it in 6!

You came back at the right time, we're now in that mysterious nega-zone where you can buy your own weight in great current-gen games from CEX for a twenty.